‹ Prequel: Take My Hand
Status: Active. (Comments will be needed to get more updates.)

The Story Left Untold

Nowhere Near Okay.

[BRITTANY]

“Come on already! Can’t you move your ass any quicker?” Sophie called from outside the bathroom. She was about to barge in – I was sure of it – if I didn’t come out all prepped and ready for tonight.

“Okay, I’m done,” I told her but she raised an eyebrow. “What?”

“Are you seriously wearing that to a frat party?” she asked scanning my outfit which consisted of safe things namely: a plaid button up, jean shorts, and sneakers.

“Why? I mean we both wore something similar the first time we went to a frat party. What’s the big deal?” I asked but she just smirked and grabbed something from her closet.

“Yeah that was a really big mistake and unlike you, I’ve learned from it,” she said handing me a dress that she knew I wanted and couldn’t resist wearing.

“You’re not serious, are you?” I asked her as she laughed. “What about you? What are you wearing?” She was still in a bathrobe so it was pretty hard to tell.

“This,” she said unveiling her choice of wardrobe.

I might have forgotten to tell you this but my roommate is freaking rich. She’s like the richest girl in the world. But you can’t really tell that from the exterior since she dresses up like any normal teenager and acts like one too but when there’s an occasion, it’s not a surprise if she wins the best dressed award because well, she always looks her best. It’s natural too.

After doing our hair and make-up, Sophie called Chase to tell him that we were ready. He was picking us up and we were all walking to the house together. I don’t understand why Chase has to come all the way here though.

“Are you sure we should be wearing heels? I mean we’re gonna be standing a lot and I’m really not comfortable in them,” I complained.

“Have you ever worn heels before?” she asked with her arms crossed over her chest.

“Um, yeah,”

“Then you won’t have a problem,” she said opening our dorm room door as soon as she heard a knock from the other side.

“Hey babe, you look amazing,” he said kissing her on the lips.

I didn’t really mind their public display of affection but sometimes, when it gets too much, I get sorta grossed out.

“Thanks, you too,” Sophie said grabbing me by the wrist and dragging me out the door before I could do anything more.

“Wow,” was all Chase said. I think I might’ve blushed but I looked away and it was dark out so I’m sure no one saw.

“Is there like a theme or something? I mean why are you in a suit?” I asked Chase who seemed baffled by my ignorance.

“Um, Brit, its Trevor’s birthday today and it’s a black and white themed party,” he said and I looked at Sophie who nodded in reassurance.

“Why didn’t you guys tell me ahead? I mean I don’t have a present for him!” I said all panicky and paranoid.

“Calm down you crazy psychopath!” she laughed, “Your presence is more than he could ever wish for,”

What wasn’t I getting here? I mean they always joke around telling me that Trevor’s always had a secret crush on me but isn’t this a little too much? I mean what if it’s not even a joke anymore? And it wasn’t even funny in the first place. They’re the only ones laughing.

I shrugged it off as soon as we entered the frat house. I was here to party and not to fight with anyone so I should probably be in the lightest mood possible.

Trevor saw us as soon as we made it past the crowd in the foyer.

“Happy birthday, man!” Chase said fist bumping him.

“Happy birthday, Trevor,” Sophie said after, “Nice party by the way,”

“Thanks,” he said reverting his attention to me. “Why hello there,” he took my hand and placed it to his lips.

“Hey, happy birthday,” I greeted and looked around. I just noticed something – Chase and Sophie left me alone with this guy. I guess they really did want their asses kicked.

“Thanks,” he said taking my hand as he led me to the next room where everyone was dancing. He sat me down on the couch right beside the dance floor. “I didn’t think you’d come at all,”

“Couldn’t miss it for the world,” I joked but he wasn’t laughing. He just smiled triumphantly.And what a charming smile he had.

“Wanna get something to drink?” he asked and I nodded. “I’ll be right back.”

I greeted the people I knew and made small talk with some of them as I waited for Trevor to come back. When he did, I saw the small stage begin to fill up with four people – some band most probably.

“What’s up you guys? We’re All Time Low and we’ll be your entertainers for tonight!” Alex screamed into the mic.

“Whoa, dude, don’t you think that sounded sorta dirty?” the boy who broke my heart said into the mic.

I couldn’t breathe. I was stuck in the moment. I never thought I’d see him again but there he is, right in front of me.

“Hey are you okay?” Trevor asked getting in front of me blocking my view.

“Oh, um, yeah,” I stuttered. “I-I think I might need some air though,”

I rushed of the scene certain that he saw me. He was saying something but stopped right in the middle of his sentence. I never should’ve come here.

All the memories were starting to come back to me – everything that happened on this day but last year. I breathed in and out heavily as I tried to keep calm and just when I was about to start walking, a hand on my shoulder stopped me from doing so.

[JACK]

“So we’re gonna be playing an acoustic set today since we don’t really have all our equipment tonight,” Alex said earning some ‘awws’ from the crowd.

“Yeah, Matt over there practically forced us out here to play-”

That was when I saw her. She was heading out the door. I didn’t think I’d see her again but there she was. I had to go talk to her and try to explain what happened. I had to do something at least. I couldn’t just let her get away from me again.

I didn’t care if I left the people hanging. I asked Matt to cover for me and he seemed confused about what was going on but I told him that it was really important.

“Be back soon, okay?” he said with a serious face.

“Yeah, whatever,” I said pushing past people in the crowd. I headed for the door where I saw her just standing there breathing in and out.

I ran to her and placed a hand on her shoulder as she was about to walk away.

“Brittany,” I whispered into her ear.

“Get away from me,” she reacted violently. People started to stare but then minded their own business as I shot them death glares.

“Brit, please wait,” I said grabbing a hold of her arm.

“Why? Why should I wait for you? So you can tear me apart all over again? Jack, I waited a week for you to come back and you never did. I wanted to talk to you about that stupid contract I saw in my bag exactly a year ago from today but guess what? You wouldn’t even pick up,” she said loudly. She had tears in her eyes.
“Can’t we at least be friends again?” I asked but as soon as I did, I wished I could take it back.

“Are you being serious right now?” she asked placing a hand in her hair.

I couldn’t help but notice how beautiful she was tonight. All I wanted to do was take her home with me and never let her go. I wanted to be with her so badly that I walked out on the band just to talk to her. Why couldn’t she see that?

“Yeah, I am,” I said. “Look, I’m sorry about everything. It was a clear misunderstanding and I was meaning to call you but I never got the chance to,” I explained.

“And why is that?” At least she was giving me a chance. I mean she was listening to me.

“Because Alex took my phone away from me,” I said hoping that she would accept that reason. It was the only one I had and it was a fact.

“Are you playing with me right now, Jack? Because I’m seriously not up for another bet and-”

I kissed her. She didn’t fight it. I kissed her and everything that I wished I had forgotten just bounced back out of the box inside my head. The butterflies started fluttering in my stomach and all I wanted to do was take her home. I’ve missed her so much and clearly, she felt the same way.

I broke off the kiss to get some air but I never should’ve done that because as soon as I let her go, she slapped me across the face and ran. I guess everything wasn’t okay after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay not quite what you were looking for? Sorry to disappoint then.
My head's aching pretty bad and I felt the need to update since you guys commented so here it is.

Anyway, here are the outfits for the chapter:
Sophie
Brittany

Oh and this is what Sophie looks like.

read.comment.subscribe!