‹ Prequel: Take My Hand
Status: Active. (Comments will be needed to get more updates.)

The Story Left Untold

Summer Plans.

Once everything returned to neutral, days seemed to pass by like seconds. Tyler and I never really made it exclusively official that we were together. He had this really big reputation to keep up and with school and everything, I couldn’t really keep up. Besides, I didn’t want the big spotlight shining down on me every time we entered the door at a party or a gathering. We went out on dates every now and then but we managed to keep it at a friendly note. Nothing more, nothing less.

Fall was coming to an end and everything around us started to heat up for the summer. Today was the last day of classes for me. After this last day, I could do whatever the hell I wanted to for the next three months. I was actually planning to start working for a company to get some money saved up for when I graduate college but procrastination got to me first and made me change my plans.

“We’re heading to The Hamptons a week from now,” Sophie mentioned as she fixed her hair for the last day.

“Wow, that sounds really relaxing,” I told her as I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I’ve always wondered what it was like in The Hamptons.

“You’re free to join us, of course.”

“And be the third wheel? I don’t think so.” I wiped my face with a towel as I made my way out of the bathroom. “Besides, you two need lots of alone time and I don’t want to get in the middle of that.”

“Then what are you doing this summer?” she asked, turning to me.

“Well I was planning to intern for a magazine this summer. You know, to build up my credits,” I explained.

“Oh please, you don’t need that crap. You’ve got a lot up your ass already,” she laughed. I just rolled my eyes as I got ready for class.

“Well, I’ll think of something. Don’t worry about it,” I said tying my hair up in a bun.

She smirked as she got up from the vanity and grabbed an apple from the fruit basket on the island counter. “I’ll catch you later!” she called out as she ran out of the door. She was obviously eager for this day to end already. I would be too if I didn’t have to take the exams that I studied for.

I shook my head at her and grabbed my messenger bag. I was about to head out when I heard my phone ring. I grabbed it from my pocket and wondered who in the world would call me at this hour. I mean everyone I knew was either having an examination or packing up for the summer.

“Hello?” I answered after seeing that it was an unknown number on the screen.

“Hey, Brit!” Flyzik greeted loudly from the other line. “How’ve you been?”

“Hey Matt, well I’ve been better. I’m running late for an exam though,” I said looking at the clock and realizing that I was actually 5 minutes away from having the doors shut before me.

“Well, don’t worry this will be quick,” he paused to clear his throat. “I was actually wondering if you were interested in spending your summer with us. You know go for another tour and to just hang out and what not.”

“Really, Matt? You really wanna replay everything that unfolded?” I asked sarcastically as I ran down the stairs.

“Well, its different now, isn’t it?” he asked.

“But I’m supposed to be interning at some company to build up my credits,” I whined as I made my way inside the building I’ve grown to know so well.

“Well, we can provide that for you,” he reassured.

“I don’t want your money, Flyzik,” I told him as I reached the room I was supposed to be in minutes ago for a review.

“Don’t worry, I’m won’t be the one paying you.”

“Then who?” I asked, alarmed.

“Let’s just say I know people who know people. But really, you don’t have to worry about it. I’ve got it covered just think about it and get back to me, okay?” he told me in a rush.

“Okay then,” I told him and he said goodbye before putting down the phone.

I looked at my phone and shook my head before saving his number to my contacts.

I entered the room and grabbed a seat somewhere at the back. Apparently, the review covered everything I studied and nothing more so I was safe. I just hope I don’t black out somewhere in the middle.

*

I finished the exam with flying colors. I was confident with every question that was thrown my way and I felt so relieved that it was all over now. I was about to head back to the dorm when suddenly, I felt someone tap my shoulder from behind.

“Oh hey, Trevor,” I greeted with a hug. I thought that since classes were over he’d head straight to whatever frat party he was invited to but when my common sense kicked in and made me realize that it was only 2 in the afternoon, I rethought the whole situation. But either way, this was quite a weird occurrence. He never came by just to talk to me or anything like that. He was always so busy with ‘projects’ or whatever they do at a fraternity.

“I have a surprise for you.”

“Really? What is it?” I asked a little too eagerly.

A smile spread wide on his face and I was beginning to get a little scared. He reached into his pocket for something and revealed a tiny box – the kind that usually holds an engagement ring. I looked at him with wide eyes and he just laughed my expression.

“Relax, it’s not what you think,” he said grabbing my hand and placing the box in it.

“Then what’s inside?” I asked, half-relieved but still half-scared.

“It’s just something to remember me by,” he said giving me a kiss on the cheek. “I hope you have a great summer. Oh, and if you ever need anything, you know how to reach me.”

I smiled at him as he waved goodbye and walked away. Once he was far away, I stared at the red velvet box that he had placed in my hand. It revealed a gold necklace with a golden starfish as a pendant. There was a note on the cover that said: ‘For the day you showed me that there was more to life than working my ass off to stay on top. And for the girl who taught me how to dream and never stop.’

I laughed to myself as I put the necklace around my neck. I walked back towards the dorms and thought about Matt’s offer. I mean it wouldn’t really be wise to head into another tour with them, would it? I mean sure I made up with the guys but another couple of months with them and all the drama? I don’t think I can handle that anymore.

I got to the dorm just in time for my favorite show on TV so once I got inside, I plopped on the couch and switched on the telly. I could tell that the rest of the day would come by smoothly. I think the whole summer, I’ll be spending it here in my dorm just watching television and going out occasionally. No studying, not that much socializing, just me and my shadow having fun with our new best friend: the television. Well that and my laptop.

“So have you decided yet?” Sophie asked. I didn’t even notice that she came into the room. I was that engrossed by the show I was watching.

“Decided what?” I asked keeping my eyes on the pictures on the screen.

The scene was so intense and was only about to get better when suddenly, Sophie grabbed the remote and switched the TV off.

“Hey! What was that for?” I exclaimed as I tried to snatch the remote away from her.

“Calm down! I’ll give it back to you when we’re done talking,” she assured me but I didn’t get to TiVo. That only made the situation worse.

“If you’re asking, no I haven’t made any summer plans yet but there were a lot of offers,” I told her.
She raised an eyebrow in disbelief. “Tell me about them.”

“Well there’s The Hamptons,” I said and she rolled her eyes, “There’s lying around here doing nothing for the next three months and then there’s Matt’s offer.”

“Who’s Matt?” she asked inquisitively as she took a seat right beside me on the couch.

“He’s the band manager of All Time Low,” I told her as I looked at my nails.

“Take it,” she said almost immediately.

“What, why? Option number two seemed really promising,” I joked.

“I’m serious,” she said firmly. “You’ll regret not going.”

“How sure are you?” I asked crossing my arms against my chest and giving her the look I give people when I don’t really believe what they’re saying.

“I just know.” And with that she gave the remote back to me and got inside her bedroom.

I didn’t even bother to switch the TV on anymore. I bit my lip as I reached for my phone and looked for Matt’s number in the contact list. Was I really going to do this? Was I ready for what was yet to come? Not knowing the answers to my questions has never stopped me from doing anything so why should I stop now?

With a heavy breath, I listened to the ringing on the other line and waited for Matt to answer so that I can accept his offer. This was going to be one hell of a ride.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, big time gap. :)))
Anyway, I'm hosting a contest related to this story. Check it out here: Take My Hand Sequel Contest.

Hope I see some contestants soon.

Oh and dont forget to comment on this. I want to know what you guys think, like seriously.

Thank you to rivals are insane for commenting on the last chapter. I know it wasn't worth it but I'm glad you still did.

Hopefully this will bring more readers back.