‹ Prequel: Second Chances
Status: On hiatus

Only Time Will Tell

Words Best Left Unsaid

Janey hurried across the parking lot of the hospital to her car, eager to get home. Brian had returned in the early hours of the morning, the band now on a weeks break from touring. He had fallen into bed, wrapped himself around Janey and mumbled something about the mind being willing but the body not quite being there before promptly falling asleep. Janey hadn't minded, it was just good to have him home for a while.

Not that Brian planned on actually resting up all week. He seemed to have a list of things that he wanted for them to do. They had scheduled an appointment with Dr.Sommers for the following day, and Brian had even spent time whilst on the bus looking at how the adoption process worked, and had earmarked some possible agencies for them to look at. It actually took Janey's breath away at times just how much Brian had matured over the last year, wanting to do whatever was possible for their life together to be a happy one.

Finally pulling up in their driveway, Janey was out of the car and opening the front door within seconds. Kicking off her flats and hanging her denim jacket on the coat rack near the door, Janey became very aware of just how silent the house was. She wandered through to the living room, smiling at the sleeping form of Brian sprawled out on the couch. Janey turned to leave him in peace, knowing just how tired he must be.

"If you don't get your ass over here now woman I'll be severely pissed off."

Giggling, Janey turned back.

"I thought you were sleeping you ass," she joked.

"What? When I knew my gorgeous wife was about to walk through the door...not a fucking chance. Just resting my eyes," Brian stated with a yawn, opening his eyes and stretching, the Boneyard Bordello hoodie he wore rising a little to reveal his well toned stomach.

Janey sighed with appreciation at the sight.

"You can check me out from over here too you know," Brian added, patting the space beside him on the couch. 

Janey lay next to him, snuggling into his broad chest as he wrapped his arms around her.

"I'm sorry I got back so damn late last night...ZV couldn't find one of his bags and wouldn't let any of us leave the airport til it showed up. Damn thing had been going round on the carousel and he hadn't spotted it," Brian murmured, kissing the top of her head.

"That's ok, you're home, that's what counts," Janey assured him. 

Tipping her chin so she gazed up at him, Brian gently lowered his lips to Janey's. 

"It's good to be home," he whispered "I love you baby girl."

"I love you too B."

Brian let his eyes wander a little.

"And have I ever told you how much I love it when you wear a skirt?" his fingers stroking her bare thigh as he spoke.

"You may have mentioned it once or...."

Brian cut Janey off, his lips firmly attaching themselves to hers, his hand travelling over the denim of her skirt to the hem of her top, his long fingers sliding underneath. Janey moaned as Brian nipped at her jaw line, before the tip of his tongue ran along her throat. Brian pushed her shirt up, encouraging Janey to sit up slightly, pulling it over her head, Brian groaning as he caught a glimpse of the purple bra she wore underneath. Pushing her onto her back, Brian sat back on his knees, removing his hoodie. His fingers toyed with the fastening on her skirt, pulling it down her legs. Settling himself between her legs, Brian kissed the swell of her breasts, smirking against her as Janey undone the cargo shorts he wore, raising her legs, using her feet to push them and his boxers from his hips. 

"Eager?" he teased, his head suddenly snapping up at the sound of the front door opening.

Quickly grabbing the large comforter from the back of the couch, Brian lay next to Janey, covering them both up.

"Yo Haners are you ho.....oh jesus!" Zacky cried as he entered the living room, turning his back to them.

"Fuck! Guys....I'm...er...." he stammered.

"Zack...what the fuck do you want?" Brian growled.

"Er..well, Jimmy called and said about all of us getting together later at his, and so I thought I'd stop by and see who...er what you were doing."

Brian snickered against Janey's shoulder at Zacky's little slip up.

"Zachary...did you get to wake up next to the lovely Gena this morning?" Brian asked.

"Yeah," Zacky replied wistfully, the smile evident in his voice.

"Well, I was alone when I woke up, so how about you get the fuck outta my house and we'll see you later."

Janey bit down on her lip, surpressing the moan that threatened to escape her as she felt Brian slip two fingers inside her panties, rubbing them slowly against her.

"Er..ok..oh one more....."

"Baker!" Brian hissed.

"I'm gone!" Zacky cried, slamming the front door as he left.

"Now....where were we?" Brian whispered "Oh yeah...I remember," he added with a grin.

*******************************

The guys all sat around Jimmy and Leana's lounge, recalling funny moments from the past few weeks, most of which seemed to involve Johnny. The girls stood in the kitchen whilst Leana and Janey busied themselves with making more jugs of Margaritas, the others chatting amongst themselves.

"So honey, what time is your appointment tomorrow?" Leana asked.

Janey emptied the bottle of tequila into the blender and placed it on the counter.

"Well, Dr.Sommers has agreed to see us during the lunch hour, so we have to be there for 12.30," Janey answered with a smile.

"Are you excited?"

Janey looked at Leana and laughed.

"Lea, all we're doing is going to speak to her about possible egg donation, and listen to all she has to say, weigh up what our options are. Nothing's going to be set in stone tomorrow, this is a huge thing to have to think about, it's not something we're going to rush into," Janey explained. 

"I know," Leana sighed "I'm just so happy that you're both being so positive about this....and when it happens, however it happens, you and Gates are going to be the most amazing parents."

"Don't you even feel a little wierd about using an egg donor though?"

Leana and Janey turned to look at Gena. A silence fell across the kitchen, the chatter ceasing the moment the words left her mouth. Janey glanced round at her friends, not failing to notice the awkward looks that passed between them all, except Mikki, who glared at Gena.

"I'm sorry?" Janey questioned, not quite sure where Gena was going with this.

"Haven't you even thought about how it's not really going to be your baby....sure, it'll be Brian's, but with the help of some anonymous woman," Gena stated quietly.

"She's kinda right," Lacey admitted, as Val nodded in agreement.

Janey looked between Leana and Mikki, trying to judge just what was going through their minds.

"Do you two feel the same way?" she asked softly.

Mikki shook her head adamently.

"No honey, believe me, we really don't. We both support whatever you and Brian decide..we think it's fantastic," she assured her.

Janey stared at the other three, a little bewildered by their reactions. She had truly believed that all of them were behind her and Brian and whatever decisions they made.

"Janey..it just seems a little....icky. It's like having some groupie show up on your doorstep and dumping a baby on you that was the result of a one night stand with Brian...sure, it'd be his, but it will never be yours," Lacey explained.

Janey couldn't help the laugh that escaped her.

"You are fucking kidding me right? It's nothing like that Lacey. Do you not understand that this could be the closest I could ever get to having a baby. To be able to experience the wonders of pregnancy, to feel it grow inside of me, to marvel at every kick and tiniest movement it makes. How it's conceived won't matter to me, because no matter what, it'll be mine and Brian's baby...our little miracle."

"But it won..."

"I think you'd better shut the fuck up Lacey."

Matt stood in the archway of the kitchen, his face stern, telling the crowd in the kitchen that he had heard every word that had passed between them. Stepping towards Janey, Matt slipped an arm around her shoulders, grabbing a jug of margaritas with his free hand.

"Come on sweetheart, let's go in the other room, conversation's a lot more pleasant in there," he told her , kissing her forehead.

"Matt!" Val called after him.

Ignoring her, Matt led Janey towards the lounge.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks as always for your comments.

For those that read my other stories, I am working on updates, I promise. It's just where this is partly pre-written, it's just easier for me to keep updating it xx