Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

We Have A Few Letters To Write

Isn’t Tanner just adorable? And yes, I’m finally openly admitting it. Just looking at him when he smiles makes all of these butterflies flutter up in my stomach. Have those always been there? I’m trying to think, but I honestly can’t remember. I’ve always thought he was good looking. What woman wouldn’t?

But anyway, he’s at my house now. We’re just chilling out after a full day of testing and I’m so ready to cuddle with my Tanny on the couch and watch a movie.Fast and Furious since he’s Paul Walker’s stunt double in it. But just as the opening scene starts to play and I’m on all comfy wrapped up in Tanner’s arms, there’s a knock on the door.Are you kidding me? I groaned loudly and tried nuzzling my nose into Tanner’s chest, but he just chuckled and worked his way out from under me.

“No kisses for you, Mr. Drift-O,” I teased as he started for the door.

“That’s what you say now,” he smirked before he answered the door. “Kirstie… what a lovely surprise,” Tanner said.

Kirstie? What is she doing here? She usually calls when she wants to stop by.My night of cuddling with my boyfriend just got ruined. I’m happy to see my sister though.Deep, deep… deep down.

“Kirstie… hey,” I smiled as I got up to give her a hug.

“I wasn’t interrupting anything was I? I hope not. I just figured you were relaxing since you usually do testing when you have nothing else going on and…” she started rattling off. She’s rattles off when she’s nervous about something.

“Is everything… ok?” I asked as I went back over and sat on the couch.

“Yeah, I just… wanted to stop by and see what was going on,” she said while easing her way into a chair, keeping here eyes to the floor.

“Kirsten,” I said, making my stare a little more… knowing.

“Ok fine… but if that thing blabs his mouth, I’m never coming to the wedding,” she said, pointing at Tanner.

“Who would he tell? Honestly?” I countered, trying so hard not to roll my eyes. My Tanny’s sweet… He wouldn’t blab anything.

“I don’t know! I’m just… urg!” she groaned while putting her head in her hands.

“Is it really that bad?” I asked, hoping it wasn’t.

“I… I think I have… feelings for… someone,” she said.

Right away, Tanner and I looked at each other. Kirstie didn’t notice. She still had her head in her hands. Smiles cracked across both of our faces. We knew!

“Oh… does this… someone, who is probably not at all a moto boy, have feelings for you too?” I asked, unable to keep a smirk away.

“I don’t know. Probably not. Why would he?” she sighed, finally bringing her hands down.

“This again?” I groaned myself.

“I’m just a girl that works on dirt bikes. I’m a tomboy. No guy finds that attractive!” she replied while running her hand through her hair.

“I know this is a sister thing, but… your sister isn’t the most girly girl. And I find that sexy. She can work on my car any day,” Tanner piped in, sending a little smirk my way.

I wanted to reach over and kiss him! But with Kirstie there, I didn’t want gross her out yet. I settled for a little push to the arm.

“Kirstie, you’re a pretty girl. Why are you so self-conscious?” Tanner went on to ask. Isn’t he adorable!

She’s always been and it… bothers me. Yes, a lot of guys are stupid and just go after girl for their looks. Well, that’s all fine and dandy, but there’s so much out there than looks. And Kirstie has this mindset that that’s all that guys are looking for.Hints why I’m trying to push her and Josh together!

It seems like Josh is a nice guy. I may not know him, but he seems like he’s respectful, especially to woman. I’ve never once seen him upset over anything. I like that guy! Imagine him and Kirstie together. Oh it’d be adorable.

“You know… that Josh guy… he is super cute,” I decided torandomly say his name since she didn’t respond to Tanner’s question.

This made her eyes dart over to minealong with Tanner’s, but we’ll ignore that one.

“I’m his mechanic though… I can’t like him,” she sighed again.

“Why not? Tanner and I are on rival energy drink teams and we get along wonderfully,” I smiled while turning to him to rub our noses together.

“But still!” she groaned.

“Kirstie, if you like him and you think he likes you back, go for it,” I said.

“But I don’t know if he likes me!” she complained.

“Of course he does. You two are perfect for each other… You’re both greasy,” I teased, making Tanner chuckle.

“Ha, ha,” she said, trying to keep her smile away.

“You like, Joshie,” I teased as I ran over and jumped onto the chair that she was in.

“SO! You like Tanner!” was her genius response.

“That would be the reason why he’s my boyfriend,” I laughed.

“Well, I’m leaving. I can tell you’re dying to put your lips on him and I do not want to be around to witness it,” she said, fighting her way to her feet.

“You just wait. You and Joshie will be inseparable pretty soon and Tanner and I will be teasing you,” I teased as I walked to the door with her.

“WILL NOT!” she shouted before she got into her car.

I just laughed and shut the door… as a thought came to me. I totally just had one of those light bulb moments and I was excited.

“Hey, Tan,” I shouted as I started walking back into the living room. “How much of creative writing did med school teach you?” I went on, remembering my little genius was going to be a doctor before his racing career took off.That’s where his cute little nerdy-ness came from.

“Why?” he asked, looking at me with his forehead wrinkled up.

“We have a few letters to write…” I smirked before getting some paper and pens.

Tanner and I were about to embark on some straight up fun! Ah! Kirstie and Josh are going to love me!They may hate me at first, but they’ll still love me in the long run.
♠ ♠ ♠
lol touchy subject Kirstie? lol jk :D

Ky & Tanner... how has yet to have a nickname... other than the one about to come in the story, but i'll keep you guys waiting :D lol

comment?