Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

You Miss Your Male Barbie Doll

“Kirstie, get your butt up! I got fun stuff planned for us today!” I said while trying to pull her covers off of her.

SinceTanner’s gone for three more days I really need to spend time with my sister, I sat up a full day of fun for us. Since Rally is something she doesn’t know too much about, I had a little something up my sleeve. And I really need to talk to her about something anyway.

“What time is it?” she yawned while rubbing her eyes.

“Seven AM,” I smiled.

“WHAT? What are you doing here this early?” she asked, making her eyelids open so wide.

“Get dressed. I’ll meet you downstairs,” I smiled before turning and heading that way.

I already knew she had the day off today. And I had to be here early enough so that she didn’t leave for the track. It’s so hard to get her away from that place. Thankfully, she came down about ten minutes later. I smiled up at her as I handed her a Red Bull…that I may regret later.

“What are we doing today?” she asked once we were in my car, driving to a Rally track that I practice at all the time. I made sure my car was there today too. This was going to be fun.

“You’ll see,” I smiled.

“Ky!” she groaned.

I just kept right on smiling as I drove. The rest of the way there, she complained about me not telling her. But once I pulled in next to my rally car, she caught sight of that Ford Fiesta.

“What are we doing?” she asked, her voice in an almost panic.

“Having some fun,” I smiled as I shut my car off and got out.

She climbed out slowly and I went and greeted my team. They all knew who Kirstie was, but she was a little unfamiliar with them. I don’t want to say Kirstie cut off Rally once I started leaving more, but… she kind of didn’t want anything to do with it. That’s entirely my fault. I was gone a lot, making her hate the sport… but we’re changing that today.

“You guys brought a suit for Kirstie right?” I asked while changing into mine really fast.

“Sure did,” my manager, Paul, replied.

He went on to toss it to Kirstie who held onto it for a few seconds, staring down at it like it was totally alien to her. I smiled and walked over to her.

“Just because it’s fire proof, doesn’t mean the car will catch on fire. It’s just for safety reasons,” I teased while putting my hand on her shoulder.

“What?” she asked, with a nervous tone to her voice.

“Just put it on,” I told her while walking to my car to look over it.

Once she finally came back out with a helmet under her arm, I smiled.

“Ready?” I asked, my smile growing by the second.

“Um…” she started.

“Just get in. I’ll go easy on you,” I teased before climbing in myself.

She did too slowly. After I brought the car to life and pushed on the go pedal a few times, she looked over at me with a nervous gaze. She’ll be fine…her second time around.

I started for the course slowly, trying to build up her anticipation. Once I rolled onto the track, I let loose. This particular course was cut through the wood; narrow straight-aways tight corners, tree popping out. To the average person, it may be scary, but I love it… and from the sounds of it… Kirstie hated it.

After I rounded a corner or started accelerating quickly, she’d scream. I smiled and just kept right on it. I even took the jump just for her. She screamed so loud when we were in the air. I had to stop after I landed from how loud I was laughing. I killed the engine and looked over at her, still cracking up.

“You are so mean!” she shouted, her voice muffled from her helmet being on.

“You love it,” I countered, taking my head gear off.

“Um… no. You are insane. And everyone thinks I’m the crazy sister,” she said, making me laugh again.

“You ride dirt bikes. At least this has a roll cage so when you crash you have some protection,” I told her.

She just glared at me and turned her gaze to the windshield. I shook my head with a smile as I started back for the trailer. Once it was parked, she hurried out. I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t be in this anymore today. I even offered her to take me around for a lap. She did not want any part of it.

After we changed back into our normal clothes, we climbed on top of the trailer and talked about some things… boys mostly. It’s so nice to finally have that thing in common.

“How’s Joshie?” I asked after taking a sip of my Monster.

“Adorable,” she grinned brightly. “How’s Tanny?” she asked in a cheesy way.

“Sexy… even though he’s in New Jersey,” I sighed.

“Aw, you miss your male Barbie doll,” she teased.

“Shut up,” I shot at her, making both of us giggle. “But… I wanted to talk to you about something that Tanner and I have been talking about while he was gone,” I went on, losing my giggles quickly.

“Are you two getting married?” she asked quickly.

“No! We haven’t even dropped the L word yet,” I replied, through a little chuckle.

“Well, then I’m fine with whatever else it is,” she taunted.

I knew once she heard what I had to say, she wouldn’t be. I took in a big breath and started.

“Well, since Tanner and I are used to seeing each other at all of our races, he’s been trying to get me into drifting…” I started.

“Aren’t drifting and Rally like two completely different things?” she asked with her face wrinkled up.

“Yeah, but I’ve been practicing with Tanner since he did win the championship the past two years,” I boasted about my man, making Kirstie roll her eyes.

“Does this have any importance other than showing that you and Tanner should have gotten together years ok?” she question with an annoyed tone in her voice.

“Well… yeah. He’s kind of… talked me into… trying the drifting thing out to see how it goes,” I answered.

“Cool,” she smiled.She didn’t get it.

“So… I’d have to be gone like I am with Rally,” I pushed out.

“Oh,” she said, dropping her eyes to the top of the trailer.

“Yeah,” I replied while running my hand through my hair.

I wanted her to say something to this… anything. Even if she said she wasn’t ok with it, I would have been fine… But she didn’t. As the time passed, she just asked if I’d take her home. I’m not going to say no to my own sister.

The drive there was silent. I hated it. The only sound was the soft buzz from the radio. Once I pulled into the driveway of her house, she hurried inside and never looked back. After she disappeared behind the door, I let out another heavy sigh before I started driving home, wondering if I’m doing the right thing with my auto career and family relations.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww poor Kirstie :( lol

Ky & Kirstie

comment pretty please :(