Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

I Try

"Josh, it’s not the bike that screwed up. You’re just sucking on the whoops today,” I chuckled. We’ve been battling back and forth for the past few minutes, he just doesn’t want to admit he isn’t on top of his game today.

“No it is the bike,” Josh challenged.

“No it’s not. I already checked it over, twice!” I laughed. “Sorry baby, you’re just not having the best riding day.”

“Ugh fine you win,” Josh sighed.

“Joshie, everybody had their off day,” I cooed while wrapping my arms around him.

“I don’t like having off days,” He pouted so cutely.

“You’re so adorable,” I smiled while pecking his lips.

“Why do you have this effect on me?” Josh chuckled adorably. “You always make me smile.”

“I try,” I grinned as he pressed our lips together again.

“Okay, I’ll go work on the whoops,” He said after we parted.

“Josh,” I called out right as he was about to mount his bike. “Your butt looks really cute in your riding pants.”

“Thanks,” He chuckled. “I wanna see your cute butt in riding pants one day.”

“You will,” I smiled at him before he rode off.

I sat down on the bench and watched Josh practice at my family’s track along with a few other amateurs and people who were just riding for fun. I eventually made my way over to the fence and leaned up against it and kept on watching my boy.

A loud scream came out of me when I felt something poke my side. I jumped around to see my big sister standing there smiling.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” I asked while pulling her into a hug.

“Nothing,” she shrugged.

“You just coming to hang out since your Tanny is gone?” I giggled.

“I don’t only come here when Tanner’s gone!” She countered.

I shot her a look along with a smile before saying “Yes you do.”

“Nuh-uh! Besides I came to see you,” She told me.

“Did you just not have anything better to do?” I laughed.

“No,” she told me. “I wanted to come spend time with you.”

“Okay, if you say so,” I replied.

“Why are you acting like that?” she asked me.

“I’m not acting like anything. It’s just you don’t ever come to the track to just ‘hang out’ with me unless you’re really not busy or in this case when Tanners gone,” I told her.

“No really Kirstie. I wanted to come spend time with you,” Kylee replied.

“Really?” I asked.

“Yes really. I feel like ever since I’ve done rally we’re not as close as we used to be,” she sighed.

“Well we aren’t,” I stated. “I mean you’re really busy, we don’t get to spend very much time together.”

“I know, I’m sorry. I feel bad about always missing stuff,” She softly said.

“It’s alright Kylee. I understand you’re busy,” I nodded.

“But I still am going to try to be a better big sister. And I want to spend time with you,” Kylee told me.

“Just me and you?” I asked and she nodded. ”YAY!” I squealed.

I went over and waved Josh in. He dismounted his bike and pulled his helmet off and hung it on the handle bars.

“Josh, Kylee wanted to spend some time with me and-“ I started but he cut me off.

“Go,” He smiled. “Go have your sister time.”

thank you!” I squealed before pulling him in for a big kiss. “I’ll call you tonight.”

“Okay,” he chuckled. “Have fun.”

Kylee and I went to my house and broke out the ice cream. She grabbed two spoons while I grabbed the whipped cream. We started eating it right out of the carton and squirted tons of whipped cream on top.

“I feel like I don’t know everything that’s going on with you,” Kylee started once she swallowed a bite. “How are you and Josh doing?”

“Good. Really good. I like that boy a lot,” I smiled while taking a bite. “He makes me feel like no one else does. He’s a very special guy.”

“I like him for you. I think you two are cute together,” she smiled. “The greasy couple.”

“That man is yummy,” I said with a mouthful of whipped cream.

“Gross Kirstie!” She shot at me with a laugh in her voice. “Chew with your mouth closed.”

“Sowwy,” I mumbled out through the ice cream.

I took the whipped cream bottle and was about to squirt a bunch into my mouth when Kylee stopped me.

“Kirstie, you need to hold it up straight. Let me help you,” she said while doing it for me.

She accidentally squirted a little too much and it was bulging out of my mouth. The second I looked over at Kylee I busted into laughter and I spewed whipped cream all over my floor. This sent the two of us into complete hysterics.

It’s times like these that I’m really glad I have a sister.
♠ ♠ ♠
so the whole little whipped cream thing happened between my older brother and I, that's where i got it from but i spewed all over the kitchen counter, like all over these papers and everything and i got it on my brother too, we were both on the floor laughing it was so funny!

The Jacobson girls and Joshie

please comment!