Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

She'll Get Over It

I stayed to myself for the next few days. I’ve talked to Tanner, but about nothing of importance. He won his drifting event. I was happy for him. He said that he couldn’t wait until I was out there with him, going head to head. I would chuckle, but… I wasn’t sure about my choice just yet.

Tanner’s coming home today though. I was happy for this. I’ve had so many meetings with Monster and Ford about the drifting thing. It’s so overwhelming everything it takes to get everything together before I even think about racing. Even if he was going to push me to do, it would be nice to talk to someone who’s already been through this.

The second I saw that face walking through the terminal, I smiled and starting sprinting towards him. He dropped his bag and opened his arms out for me. I jumped into them and held onto him like I would never let him go. As the people passed, I could feel them staring at us, but I didn’t care. They just don’t understand how amazing this guy is.

“I missed you,” I told him with my lips pressed tightly against his.

“I missed you too,” he said through a smile.

He reached down for his bag and carried me the whole way to baggage claim. No one could wipe the smile off of my face. All thoughts of the stresses that were going on before had left me. I was all tied up in my man.

After he got his bags, we walked out to my car hand in hand. As I drove to his house, my smile still stayed with my hand still in his. Once we got to our destination, I went over to the passenger side and just wrapped my arms around him tightly.

“I didn’t think you’d miss me this much,” he teased after he hugged back.

“I’ve been wanting you back here for the past two days,” I told him.

“Aw, well I’m here now and I don’t have to leave for about another week,” he replied before picking me up and carrying me inside.

I giggled the whole way as he left kisses here and there. Once we were planted on the couch, he held me tightly in his arms… and showered me with his yummy kisses. After I had properly welcomed him back, my happiness was starting to wear off… and all of my anxiety came flooding back over me.

“What’s wrong?” Tanner asked softly while placing his forehead on mine after I had let out a sigh.

“It’s nothing… I’m just… thinking too much,” I pushed out.

“But it’s still bothering you, so tell me,” he pressed on, lacing his hand with mine.

I looked down at our hands together that were resting in my lap. More sighs escaped me, but I eventually found my voice.

“I told Kirstie about drifting,” I told him.

“Was she excited?” he grinned in such an adorable way.

“Um… if you call not talking to me excited, then yeah,” I replied.

“Aw, baby, I’m sorry. She’ll come around,” he said while rubbing my arm

“Yeah, but… I know I haven’t been around a lot since I started racing. Since Rally’s over, I thought I had all the time in the world to spend with her now. But now that I’m starting to think about this drifting thing, it’s like I’m going to be gone year round now,” I sighed, resting my head on his shoulder.

“So, now you’re thinking about not doing it?... because of your sister?” he countered in a… different tone than what I’m used to.

“Well, yeah. I mean… I feel horrible right now. I want to try drifting out, but… not if it ruins the relationship I have with my sister,” I replied.

“But if it’s what you want to do, you should do it. You’re sister’s always going to be your sister. She’ll get over it,” he retorted, making me feel slightly better.He could have used nicer words than she’ll get over it though.

“You’re right,” I sighed while running my hand through my hair.

“Stop worrying about it,” he smiled. “You are going to do amazing. Maybe not as amazing as me, but… you’ll get second every race,” he teased.

“You are way too cocky for your own good,” I taunted back.

“But you find it sexy,” he smirked, making me roll my eyes.

“You know what I find really sexy?” I asked, raising my eyebrow his way, causing that smile to grow.

“What, baby?” he asked through that gorgeous grin.

“When you make your car go sideways,” I whispered into his ear, making a small shiver go through his body.

“You should have came with me this weekend… I got the car sideways alright… a lot,” he countered with an alluring smile coming through.

“I’m wishing I would I have went now,” I told him with our lips teasingly close to each other’s.

“You’ll be at the next one,” he said before pressing his lips against mine. Both of us smiled into this kiss before we made it an official Kylee and Tanner kiss.

But in the back of my mind, I was still wondering if I was doing the right thing. Am I doing this for me or… to spend more time with Tanner? I love anything with four wheels and over eight hundred horsepower. Drifting’s fun, but… it won’t be fun if I don’t have any family there watching me… especially Kirstie.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel a Tanner butthead moment coming on.... lol jk :D

Ky & Tanner

comment?