Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

Are You Kirstie Jacobson?

I’M GOING TO X GAMES TO WATCH MY SISTER COMPETE! I’m excited….just a little….

“X GAMES YEAH!” Kylee and I simultaneous shouted from the backseat of our parents truck as we pulled up to the venue.

It seems like a long time since we’ve all been to X Games. It hasn’t really…only one year. Ky was gone last year and we didn’t want to go without her since it’s kind of our family things but…the Jacobson’s are back!

“You know… we should look for Josh,” Kylee said while nudging me, making the tiniest bit of red come over my face.

“Josh…” Dad asked as Kylee shot me a huge smirk, knowing I couldn’t get out of it now. I wanted to smack my forehead!

“Grant,” Ky told him. “Kirstie made buds with him at the track the other day. I think she should go see if she can find him and say hi… and since I have all those stupid drivers’ meetings, I can’t make sure that happens…” She went on.

“Ky, we’re not going to force your sister to go find someone just because you want her too,” Mom spoke up for me.thank you mom!

“But… he’s cute! You should have seen the way they looked at each other,” My sister whined.

I just stuck my tongue out at her, which she returned, and I returned back, and this just went on and on.And to think we’re both in our twenties?

“Girls… calm down. Seriously,” Dad piped up.

“But I’m sponsored by Monster. I’m can’t calm down. It looks bad on my sponsors. They can’t sponsor someone who doesn’t use their product and show the effects of it 24/7,” Kylee told us as I let out a loud giggle….our parents didn’t find it as funny though.

Kylee grabbed one and took a huge drink. I couldn’t help myself and I made a goofy face, making her almost spew all of it out.

“Well, I’d love to hang and diddle daddle with you guys, but.,. I have to sit through meetings,” Kylee said as she stood up.

“Ok have fun! I don’t stare at any of the drivers for too long. You’ll lose your focus,” I had to tease her.

“Have you seen the rally guys? They’re not that attractive. I’ll give Pastrana the ok, but all the others… just no,” She rolled her eyes at me. Sure Ky….

She then walked off in the opposite direction. My parents and I then started walking around but my parents stopped to talk to someone I didn’t know. So I told them I’d meet up later and I proceeded to wander around the pits.

I was kind of in my own little worldas usual when I smacked right into something and fell to the ground, landing right on my butt. I immediately started cracking up but my giggles died down as I brushed my hair out of my face and looked up to see what I ran into….Josh.

“I am so sorry, I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going,” He apologized.

“That’s okay,” I smiled as I looked up at him.

“…Kirstie?” He asked.

“Yeah?” I questioned.

“I thought that was you. Sorry for knocking you down,” Josh kept on apologizing while putting one hand in mine and the other on my back while he helped me up.Just his slightest touch made me get shivers.

“It’s fine, I wasn’t paying attention either,” I said.

“Did you just get here?” He asked.

“Yeah, Kylee’s at her meeting stuff and my parents are talking to people,” I explained.

“Well I was just heading to the trailer, do you wanna come with me?” He asked. “I mean… I know you like that stuff and all…”

“Sure, I’d love to,” I grinned.

He returned my smile before leading me back to his hauler and introduced me to everyone. I got introduced to his mechanic and get this….I GOT TO HELP WORK ON THE BIKE! That got me excited. Josh even had the idea to have a little contest, who could change a back tire the fastest. His mechanic or me…..guess who won?....by 10 minutes!

“I have never seen anyone do it that fast. You’re a beast!” His mechanic chuckled.

“Yeah she is!” The team manager said.

“When I was at her family’s track, she knew what was wrong with it from watching me for one lap. She’s a wicked good mechanic,” Josh flattered me, making my cheeks tint red.

We heard some commotion and turned to look what it was. I saw Tanner Foust running around asking everyone that was a girl in my age group if they were Kirstie Jacobson. He eventually came over to me and asked me if I was.

“Why do you think I am?” I asked him.

“Well you kind of look like her….just shorter….and I’m having a competition with Kylee so are you Kirstie Jacobson?” He questioned.

“I kind of don’t want to be right now…” I chuckled.

“Come with me!” He shouted while grabbing my hand and quickly dragging me off. I didn’t even get a chance to say goodbye to Josh!

Tanner dragged me through the crowd but we eventually found my sister back at her pit.

”KYLEE, I WIN!” Tanner yelled.

”That’s not fair! I got stopped for an interview!” She countered.

“I still win,” He smiled.

“Except I got dragged against my will!” I laughed while crossing my arms in front of my chest.

“Where are mom and dad?” Ky asked.

“Talking to people,” I told her.

“Where were you?” She questioned.

“You know….just around…” I said.

“You were with Josh weren’t you… you’re cheeks are getting red,” She teased while pinching my cheeks.

“Shut up,” I smiled while swatting her hand away. “I ran into him…literally!”

“Of course you did,” She smirked, I just stuck my tongue out at her.

“How did the meeting go?” I asked my sis and Tanner.

“Horrible, I had to sit by this guy,” Kylee said while pointing at Tanner.

“You liked it, don’t lie,” He chuckled while putting his arm around her shoulders.

“Well it’ll be the only time you’re next to me. All the other times you’re behind me,” Ky smirked.

“Oh yeah right Jacobson. In your dreams,” Tanner grinned.

“Oh it is right!” She countered while poking his chest.

Their flirting was sickening me! Kylee is always complaining about Tanner…. I think she likes him but of course, she won’t admit it. I just turned around and hugged myself, rubbing my hands on my back then made kissing noises.

“Shut up Kirstie!” Kylee shot at me making me laugh. “Like I would ever want to kiss a nasty thing like Tanner Foust,” She rolled her eyes.

“Yeah I would never kiss you because you have all that dust in your mouth that you ate from being behind me!” Tanner shot at her.

“Oh don’t try to hide your true feelings from each other,” I teased and they both shot me looks.

“Speaking of…your little crush is coming this way,” Kylee said while pointing behind me. I glanced over and saw Josh coming this way.

“He’s probably coming to see you,” I replied.

“Why would he be coming to see me?” She scoffed.

“He seemed to like you at the track,” I told her.

“No, he knew who I was,” She corrected. “Besides, he’s not that attractive.”

I chose not to comment on that one…. I just went back to teasing her andher future Tanner.
♠ ♠ ♠
i just made a s'more. i made one in the microwave a while ago and it burned a hole in the gram cracker and started smoking!!!! so this time i took a candle lighter thing and tried doing it that way and it turned my marshmallow grey and my mom's like...don't eat that, just turn on the stove top and do it that way. i have such a smart mom! haha

comments?

Everyone