Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

He's My Race Buddy. Shut Up!

“KYLEE, I WIN!” that nerdy voice ran through my ears just as a reporter walked away.

He won my butt! He didn’t win anything. The only thing he won was a fist in the face when he got close enough. When I turned around, he was dragging Kirstie behind him… HOW?

“That’s not fair! I got stopped for an interview!” I shot back at him.

“I still win,” he smiled cockily.

“Except I got dragged against my will!” Kirstie said through a giggle while crossing her arms.

“Where are mom and dad?” I asked, ignoring Tanner’s presence for the time being.

“Talking to people,” she said with a roll of her eyes.

“Where were you?” I asked, eyeing her sideways.

“You know… just around…” she answered… Huh, a likely story!

“You were with Josh weren’t you… you’re cheeks are getting red,” I teased while reaching over to pinch her cheek.

“Shut up!” she said through a smile. “I ran into him… literally,” she went on, smacking my hand away.

“Of course you did,” I snickered. In true Kirstie fashion, she stuck her tongue out at me.

“How did the meeting go?” she asked, changing subjects.

“Horrible, I had to sit by this guy,” I groaned while pointing to him.

“You liked it. Don’t lie,” he chuckledcutely before bringing his arm around me again.Why’s he so touchy?

“Well, it’ll be the only time you’re next to me. All the other times you’re behind me,” I had to boast.

“Oh yeah right, Jacobson. In your dreams,” Tanner brightly grinned.

“Oh it is right!” I replied, adding a finger right into his chest for emphasize.

We went on to argue more. I really don’t know why. He knew I was right! But then Kirstie started making kissing noises as she moved her arms all around herself. Oh she is so getting it!

“Shut up, Kirstie!” I snapped, making her laugh. “Like I would ever want to kiss a nasty thing like Tanner Foust,” I couldn’t help but roll my eyes.

“Yeah, I would never kiss you, because you have all that dust in your mouth that you ate from being behind me,” Tanner shot at me, trying so hard to hold in his own chuckle.

“Oh, don’t try to hide your true feelings for each other,” Kirstie taunted. I shot her the biggest glare I could… but then someone appeared in the background.

“Speaking of… your little crush is coming this way,” I smiled while pointing behind us at Josh.

“He’s probably coming to see you,” she brushed it off.

“Why would he be coming to see me?” I shot back.

“He seemed to like you at the track,” she said vaguely.

“No, he knew who I was… besides, he’s not that attractive,” I had to add.I’d pick Tanner before I picked him.

“Ok so… if you had to pick between Josh and Tanner, who would you choose?” she asked with a huge smirk on her face.NO! She cannot read my mind! She can’t ask that with Josh and Tanner right there! As I stared her down, her smile just grew. I could sense Tanner having a hay day next to me too. Josh had no idea what was going on, because he had just stepped next to Kirstie when she asked it.

“I’d pick my car before I picked either of them,” I finally thought of.

“Your car is not an option!” Kirstie groaned.

“What are we debating?” Josh asked, looking from Kirstie to me.

“Her and Tanner are flirting way too much and they’re in denial. So, I asked if she had to choose between you and Tanner who she would pick,” she said while putting he hands on her hips.

“She’d pick me… duh,” Josh said with a little cocky smirk.

“You wish, Grant,” I said while rolling my eyes.

“So, you’d pick Tanner?” Kirstie shot at me with the biggest, cheesiest grin on her face.

“I didn’t say that!”

“So, you’d pick Josh?” she went on.

“I didn’t say I’d pick either of them,” I complained, trying so hard not to stomp my feet in a fit of frustration.

“Just choose one! We all know who you would pick anyway. Why’s it so hard to say?” Kirstie smirked.

“Because you guys take it the wrong way,” I sighed while running my hand through my hair.

“Kylee likes Tanner,” she whispered loudly to Josh.

“SEE!” I tried not to shout, but I did… and people stared.

Of course everyone around just laughed at me. I pouted and crossed my arms. It’s time like this I wish I wasn’t so busy and could have a boyfriend. They would defend me right now.

“Aw, you poor thing. It’s ok, Kylee. I like you too,” Tanner whispered loudly like Kirstie did as he pulled me in for a hug.

I hated that my smile came through and I felt my face burn red. I tried to hide it by burying my face into his chest. I hope it worked, but I feel like everything Tanner and I do now is being put under a microscope.

“Aren’t you two so cute,” Kirstie cooed, making Josh chuckle.

“He’s my race buddy. Shut up!” I shot at her.

“You have called him a lot of things when you talked to me, but race buddy is not one of them,” she just had to bring up.

“I have a car to get ready for tomorrow,” I said before walking off.

I wasn’t mad… I wasn’t mad… I wasn’t mad! I just needed to walk away. Of course I heard footsteps behind me. When I looked over, Tanner’s smiling face was there.

“Butthead,” I said while pushing him.

“What’d I do?” he asked through a chuckle.

“You didn’t help the situation,” I complained.

“She’s your sister. She’s going to pick on you,” he grinned.

I sighed, accepting his words. We walked the rest of the way to our pits together in silence. It wasn’t awkward though. I was grateful for that. But once we got there, I went into my trailer, leaving Tanner behind. I need a minute to myself right now.He just got really cute… really fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
*sighs*... Tanner's so cute :D lol

comment?