Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

My Niceness Went Out The Window

I walked into my house after a long day of interviews. I was exhausted. All I wanted to do was change into comfortable clothes and relax in bed. Kirstie said she was ok enough to stay at her house tonight. But I told her if she wanted someone with her, I’d be there within two minutes.even though she lives ten minutes away. Hey, I’m a racer… I have a lead foot!

But once I walked inside and sat by keys down on the kitchen countered, I noticed a glow coming from my living room. It looked like… fire to be honest. This freaked me out. I got my phone out and rushed into the room, hoping I didn’t have to call 9-1-1. That’s just what I need right now: a broken hearted sister and everything I own burnt to ashes.

When I got in there though, I stopped short and ran my hand through my hair, letting out a sigh of relief. Tanner was standing in the middle of the room with candles all around and a bouquet of flowers in his hand. The things he does to my heart rate!

“Someone’s being romantic,” I smiled while walking over to him.

“Someone likes it,” he smiled back before hooking his warm arms around me.

He picked me up and whisked me over to the couch where he laid down, pulling me on top of him. We shared another smile before we pressed our lips against each other’s to share a yummy kiss that I never wanted to end. Just as we started deepening this beautiful kiss, there was a knock on the door. Both of us let out a groan as we parted.

“I can’t plan anything for you,” he sighed as I got to my feet.

“It’s probably Kirstie too,” I countered, sighing as I ran my hand through my hairto make it look like Tanner and I hadn’t been making out hardcore!

Another sigh escaped me as I brought my hand up to the doorknob. I seriously thought about turning back around and going back to my Tanny’s yummy kisses, but… what if it is Kirstie? But once I opened the door, I wanted to slam it shut again.

“Ky, please. I really… need your help,” Joshua Grant said, sticking his foot in my doorway so that I couldn’t shut it.

“Why should I help you? Do you know what you did to Kirstie? She’s been at my house for almost a week because she didn’t want to be alone because of what you did to her,” I countered, hoping it hit something… hard!

“I know… and I hate myself for that. But I… I want her back,” he sighed, all of his usual confidence long gone.

My brain was telling me no… but the person that had my heart hooked his arm around me before opening the door more to let Josh in. I sighed once he walked by and leaned against the now closed door.

“I know you don’t like this, but… think of it this way: if we help them get back together, think of all of the romantic time we can have then,” he smirked, making me smile before he bent down to leave a quick kiss on my lips. “Come on, baby,” he smiled before taking my hand and leading me into the living room… that was still lit with nothing but candles… um…

“Am I… interrupting something?” Josh asked, standing in the middle of the room once we walked in.

“If I said yes, you still wouldn’t leave, so lets get this over with,” I sighed while going around and turning on lights so I didn’t have to see Josh lit up by candles… Ew! Only Tanner looks sexy that way. Not… Josh Grant.

“I’m sorry,” he said as all three of us sat down.I hated the distance between Tanner and I too… I wanted my kisses back.

“You shouldn’t be telling us that you’re sorry,” I mumbled.

“Kylee, you could be a little nicer,” Tanner sighed.

“My niceness went out the window once Kirstie came running to me in tears because of this guy,” I shot right at Josh.

“I’m sorry. Ok? I can’t say anything else than sorry. I tried calling her, but she won’t answer. I know the only people she’s been around is you. I went to the track and you parents said she were here,” he spoke.

“That’s not being a creepy stalker at all,” I mumbled to myself. Tanner heard it though and shot me a look.

“What exactly… do you want us to do, Josh? I mean… she’s hurt. That’s obvious. But, there’s only so much we can say to her to help,” Tanner started.

“I just need to think of a way to get her to come to me or… at least talk to me. That’s all I want. I just want to talk to her,” he pushed out, pain filling his words along with his eyes.

I hated that I started feeling sympathy towards him. He hurt my sister so badly, but now… I feel sorry for both of them. As Tanner and him went to share ideas of what to do, I was thinking myself. I know it probably didn’t seem like that, but… I was.

“Kylee, I know you probably hate me right now, but… I really would love to hear your opinions,” Josh softly said after about fifteen minutes of me not saying anything at all.

I looked at him for a few seconds, trying to determine if my idea would work or not. After he sighed and dropped his eyes from mine, I finally decided that… it just might work.

“Tan, you remember when we wrote those notes for Josh and Kirstie before they got together?” I asked my gorgeous hunk of man.

“Yeah… she was so mad at you,” he snickered.

“Well, what if we did it again?” I asked, looking at Josh this time.

“That won’t work,” Josh sighed.

“Yes, it will. You can write it. Put whatever sappy love stuff you want in it and sign it anonymous. She’ll think it’s Tanner or I just trying to cheer her up. But once she goes to the place you tell her too, she’ll see you. Josh and Kirstie together! BAM!” I explained, suddenly excited about my idea now.

“What if she just runs away though?” he questioned.

“Would you blame her?” I couldn’t hold it in.

“Josh, we can’t do everything now. If you love this girl, you have to put some effort into it,” Tanner spoke up.

“A lot of effort to get her back,” I added.

He sat there for a few seconds, the gears turning in his head. He’s an idiot. I’m so convinced that he is. Poor Kirstie for ever falling in love with this guy.

“Do you… have a pen and paper?” he asked after a few minutes.

A small smile came over me as I got up and went into my office to get what he needed. On my way back to the living room, I just realized… he’s not going to be leaving right away. He just ruined Tanner and I’s little romantic night. Oh, the things I do for my sister… she better appreciate this!
♠ ♠ ♠
What? Ky being nice to... Josh? lol

Ky

comment?