Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

Whatever You Want

I just walked into my house from working on Josh’s bike, we were leaving for a race back east tomorrow. I plopped down and was surrounded by everything that had to do with weddings and let out a big sigh.

A while later Josh showed up at my house. He said he’d be over once he finished up his laps and took a shower. He took a seat next to me and placed a kiss on my cheek.

“Hey baby,” he greeted me.

“Hi,” I replied.

“What are you up to?” Josh asked me.

“Trying to figure out some of this wedding stuff,” I sighed.

“Aw, you’re good at all that artsy, creative stuff. You’re designing the wedding invitations right?” He prodded.

“Yeah, there’s just a lot to do,” I said.

“It’ll be fine, don’t worry Kirstie,” He smiled. “Oh, I need to e-mail my team manager. Can I use your laptop?”

“Of course,” I told him.

Josh then started talking with his manager while I looked through my never ending list of things to do.

“Josh, what colors do you like?” I asked him.

“Whatever you want baby, I’m fine with whatever,” He smiled up at me.

“Where do you want to get married?” I questioned.

“I don’t care. A church I guess, isn’t that where you get married?”

“Not necessarily, you don’t ]have too,” I said. “I’d actually kind of rather…not. I mean, I’d rather have something more creative and fun.”

“Okay, that’s fine with me. You pick out whatever you want,” Josh told me.

“What do you want the cake to be like?” I asked.

“Really, Kirstie, whatever you want,” He insisted.

“Josh!” I snapped.that got his attention. “Will you please help me on this?” I harshly asked.

“I don’t care. Just pick out whatever you want,” He shot back at me.

“But I want and need your help!” I countered. “I’m just….never mind Josh,” I moaned, clearly upset.

“What?”

“I said never mind,” I told him.

“If you’re going to get upset at least tell me why?” He shot back at me with his voice raising a pitch.

“Oh like you don’t know,” I sarcastically threw at him as I walked outside to calm down.

I took a few deep breaths and let the wind sweep across my face and took in its clean scent. A couple minutes later two arms snaked around my waist and pulled me against his chest, making me warm.

“Please tell me why you’re upset,” Josh softly whispered next to my ear.

“I’m just really stressed right now. I’ve got my normal job during the day then I come home and try to figure out all this wedding stuff and we don’t have anything! We don’t even have a venue picked out and then we’re gone every weekend and I don’t even have my stuff packed for tomorrow,” I sighed. “And I don’t want to pick out everything, it’s your wedding too and I want your input, I understand guy’s aren’t totally into this stuff but you have to have some preferences and it just upset me when you didn’t say anything…but I’m sorry I snapped at you.”

“That’s alright sweetheart, I understand you’re stressed,” He cutely said while holding me tighter and I rested my hands on top of his arms that were around me. “But I’m sorry I wasn’t helping. I promise I will from now on, we’ll do everything together.”

“Except picking out the dress,” I told him.

He snapped his fingers then said with a big smirk, “Aw, that’s what I was looking forward too.”

“Sorry to burst your bubble,” I giggled while pecking his lips.

“But this will be okay. We can pick out wedding stuff after practice and you working on the bike in the day and we can bring some of this stuff with us on the weekends and work on it in the hotel room,” he suggested.

“Thanks Josh, that’d be great,” I sighed happily. “But where do you want to get married?”

“Um, well you said you wanted somewhere more fun. How about you tell me your ideas then I’ll tell you what one I like the best.”

“Alright, well….we could get married in a church, or outside somewhere,” I started.

“Eh, what else you got,” Josh smiled.

“Or there’s that old theatre we could get married at,” I said.

“That’s sounds cool. I like that,” He grinned. “And I can tell you do too by that twinkle in your eye.”

“I love you,” I sighed while pressing our lips together.

“I love you too,” He replied once we parted. “And if you can get me the phone number of this theatre, I’ll call them at the hotel tomorrow.”

“Okay, thanks Joshie. I’m glad you’re helping me,” I told him.

“I’m glad if you’re glad,” Josh cutely said before we shared some more kisses.

Boy, I sure do love this guy. Even when I’m upset he knows exactly how to handle me. I’m pretty convinced that he knows me better than I do.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh yes i can! and i look right past him and stare at Josh!!!!!!!

Kirstie and Joshie