Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

Your Brother-In-Law

Tanner left yesterday. I’m bummed. I had my little day to be mopey, but I wasn’t going to do that today. Sitting in Tanner’s house, where I now live since we’re getting married, makes me think of him! I can’t even attempt to plan anything wedding related. I’m so indecisive. I need a second opinion. The person’s opinion that matters most to me is now… gone.

Today though, I called my sister to see what she was doing. She said she was just chilling out since Josh was doing some sponsor thing. Since the greasy thing wasn’t there, I went over.

When I walked in, she was sitting on the floor in front of the couch with so many papers on the huge coffee table.I should be doing that, but my fiancée is in some airstrip in South Carolina! I shook that thought aside and pulled up some carpet next to her.

“Hey,” she smiled over at me.

“Exciting stuff huh?” I sighed, glancing down at my phone to try and make me happy since Tanner’s face was on it.

“Yeah… it helps when the man’s actually here to help,” she replied.

“Don’t I know,” I pushed out. “You probably have a lot more put together than I do,” I countered.

“Yes,” she said through a giggle. “You never told me where you’re getting married though. Tell me!” she went on, starting to get a little excited.

“We thought at mom and dad’s. That’s where we had our first little moment, so…” I shrugged.

“Aw, that’s cute. I knew you guys kissed that day at the gazebo,” she said knowingly.

“We didn’t kiss! We just had this… moment and… it was nice,” I corrected her.

“You wanted to kiss him then. I knew. I saw everything in both of your guys’ stupid blue eyes,” she babbled on, adding a finger point that only made me laugh. “I like Tanner for you though. I never understood why it took so long for you guys to get together,” she kept right on going.I think she had Red Bull…

“Well, I still don’t understand why it took so long for you and Josh to get together so there,” I taunted while crossing my arms.

“I work for him. Talk about being unprofessional,” she shot back, but there was a smile teasing its way across her face.

“Well, you two are a greasy match. Works out perfectly,” I mumbled.

“He’s cute though. I love him,” she smiled brightly.

“No comment…”

“Oh, come on. You have to admit he’s pretty cute. I mean… Tanner’s not ugly. I’ll give him that, but… you can say Josh is cute. I won’t get mad. Promise,” she would not stop!

“Ew. Josh is… just… nasty. I can never think he’s cute. He’s just flat out greasy… and awkward… and he runs awkwardly!” I complained, wanting to keep going on, but I’ll spare her.

“Why do you give him such a hard time?” she asked.

“Because it’s Josh. Why shouldn’t I?” I countered.

“But I love him. Is it because of the little thing he did with Wil forever ago? Come on, Ky. That was what? Six months ago? He hasn’t done anything like that since. He’s a good guy,” she tried to convert me to her Joshism.

“He’s… he’s ok. It’s just… I’m the type of person that usually doesn’t give second chances to people and… it was hard seeing you do that with him,” I sighed while running my hand through my hair.

“But… didn’t you kind of give… Tanner a second chance when you took him back?” she softly asked.

“Yeah, but… that’s different,” I tried to defend.

“No… not really, Ky. You know it’s exactly the same. It’s just you’re not in love with Josh,” she smirked, making me roll my eyes. “He’s going to be your brother-in-law. The least you can do is… just be a little nicer to him. Please!” she replied, holding out that word so long that it annoyed me to no end! “Oh! That’s what I want for my wedding gift from you. For you to like Josh!” she grinned.

“Kirstie,” I sighed through a smile.

Seeeee, you like Joshie,” she smiled, adding a poke to my cheek.

“He’s ok. But is in no way cute! I’ll be civil with him, but if you make me say he’s cute, I will relapse and this little rehab session would be a failed attempt,” I giggled.

“AH!” she squealed while tackling me to the floor in a tight hug.

After she stopped yelling her head off, we both started giggling like crazy… just like we used to do. And of course, Kirstie’sawkward fiancée comes walking in. He asked what we were doing. Kirstie started explaining, but I pushed myself to my feet and took off after him.

He looked at me oddly, not excepting me to tackle him to the ground, but I did! This made Kirstie fall back over in a fit of giggles that came over me too. Josh just laid there like we were the craziest people he’s ever metand he may be right.

“I honestly don’t want to know what went on today, but… I think… I’ll be ok with it,” Josh spoke once I got off of him.

Kirstie and I just continued to laugh. Josh looked at us weirdly before going back into the kitchen. Ok, so maybe I didn’t let him know I was ok with him now, but… he doesn’t need to know this. He’ll figure it out… eventually.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd pick Mr. Nerdy over Mr. Greasy any day.... haha :D

Ky & The Greasy Couple lol

comment?