Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

Maybe We Should Start

“Tanner, I think I see a wall with your name on it,” I smirked as we were waiting to go into our cars.

“My name? No, not only are you mistaken, but you’re blind too. That wall clearly has your name on it,” he smirked before shoving his helmet over his head.

“Meet you on the dirt, Foust,” I shouted over at him before I put my own helmet on.

Once I was inside my car and had it started, I drove to the start line for the finals of Rallycross. How ironic? Tanner and I are starting side by side. This just fueled my fire. I was going to beat his drifting butt!

Before the light drop, I took a second to collect my thoughts.It doesn’t matter how cute he is. He’s just another competitor. I took in another deep breath before the light started counting down. What a shocker? He got a jump on me. Stupid boy! I always gun you down.

We went into the corner side by side. I had the inside. I made sure I had the inside. The mean person in me told me to play chicken with Tanner since he was on my outside. If I didn’t turn into the corner, I would make him turn right into the inside wall. But the nice competitor in me told me to turn, allowing him to turn just in time to go sideways and drift around the corner.

I skipped the jump this lap. We had four more; I could get it done then. I was in the lead… ahead of Tanner. I was soaking this up for all that it was worth. Of course, Tanner took the jump the first lap.Show off. But this put him right beside me. We even bumped sides slightly. Great! Now I need new body work, Tanner!

He eventually got the upper hand on me, pulling on me what I did to him in the first corner on the next lap. I was seriously yelling at him from inside my car.Oh I bet the X Games camera’s captured all of it too.

I stayed behind him for the next two laps. I wasn’t going to go juice my car out yet. After I took the jump on the fourth and final lap, I gunned it. As we rounded the last corner, coming up to the finish, we were neck and neck! My heart was pumping. My foot was pushed to the floor and my eyes were fixed on the flagger already waving the checkered flag. That was mine!

Just as I crossed the line, I glanced over to see how much of distance was between Tanner and I. I had beat him!By like an inch, but a win’s a win! I was ecstatic! I even did a few doughnuts from my excitement. Oh I couldn’t wait to rub it into him! That’s two Rallycross wins in a row, baby! Put that in your drifter car and smoke the tires, Tanner!

I took my car back to the starting line… and Tanner pulled his next to mine. I got out before pulling my helmet off that was hiding my huge grin. Tanner came over…and I kind of lost my breath. He looked… um… wow.

For starters, he had helmet hair. But as he continued to walk, he ran his hand through his hair, giving it that slightly spiked up look that, combined perfectly with the sweaty thing that it already had going on. His bright blue eyes were sparkling, making them look so gorgeous. And then… that smile.I’m melting. I should have kept my helmet on. Once he stepped next to me though, I shook that thought aside as something came back to me.

I BEAT YOU!” I shouted at him, adding a finger point.

“You did,” he said through a chuckle. “Good race,” he beamed while pulling me in for a quick hug, adding a quick kiss to my cheek.That’s normal; I swear!

“You did really good too. Just not good enough to beat me,” I teased once we parted.

“I have a feeling I’m not going to hear the end of this,” he said while rolling those gorgeous eyes.

“Nope,” I grinned as a reporter, followed by a camera came over.

Before they came over, my team rushed towards me… dumping a huge thing of water on my head. I squealed from how cold it was, but I still laughed. I shared a round of hugs before someone gave me my beloved Monster hat and a can to match. I shoved the hat on my head backwards and took a swig from the can before I turned and started the interview.

After all the post race stuff was done, I drove the car back to my pit where my lovely family was waiting. I smiled and got out, hugging each and every one of them. Like you expected, they shared their race stories and the part that stuck out most to them. I smiled as I listened to all of them.

But I had to cut that short. I had to change to go get my gold medal. After I came out, they had already left to go to the ceremony, but… a certain someone with a Rockstar shirt and hat on was standing there.

“Loser takes winner to the medal ceremony,” he sighed while looking down at the ground with a small smile and shoving his hands into his pockets of his jeans…that fit him rather nicely.

“We never made a bet,” I said while starting to walk with my hat on my head and a Monster in hand.

“Well, I tried to be nice and not be a sore loser,” he explained.

“We never have bets anyway… maybe we should start,” I suggested.

“Right… Winner of Rally gets dinner from the loser,” he said with so much confidence in his voice.

“You better be ready to buy me dinner, bud,” I told him, adding a shove as we got closer to our destination.

“If I win, you’re cooking,” he smirked.

“Well, you won’t be winning so that won’t be happening,” I smirked right back before hopping up on the stage, waiting for my name to be called to get my gold medal.

He went on to say more, but his name was called. I just smiled at him as he started walking away with a look in his face. Just to mess with him, I added a little wave. The look he gave me made me giggle. Oh Tanner… you make me feel bad for kicking your butt sometimes. But… what’s that? Oh wait… it’s gone now. It feels so good to beat him! Now I just have to do this again and I’m home scot-free.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tanner is so cute! Don't even go there, Kirstie! I would sigh over him all day and enjoy every single second lol Buuuut.... I don't know if i could choose between Paul Walker and Tanner... that one's really hard! lol

Kyleeeee

comments? pwease :/