Status: Back in action =) No more writers block

Field of Unforgivable mistakes

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Alexis's POV:

A few weeks have passed and Matt is slowly getting better. Things around here have been dark and gloomy. The constant rain doesn't exactly help much either. Maybe things will be better since my friend Maddie is moving to Orange County this week, because she graduated college last month. She lives in LA with her parents, but shebought a small condo near my little house near the beach about two weeks ago.

She's the most amazing person you could ever meet. She's down to earth, completely honest and she's probably one of the most loyal people out there. You know about those Irish people and their bad tempers though, well that'sher! When you first meet her she seems like a total bitch, but really she's majorly sweet.

All of a sudden there was a knock onmy door and I excitedly ranto open it hoping itwas Maddie, but it was Matt and Zacky. I let out a small sigh, and quickly opened the door with a smile on my face.
Zacky sighed, "I can't take Matt anymore! He just lays around and does nothing!"

Matt's eyes flickered pain. I pulled him into a hug.

"It's okay Matty, Zack's just a big meanie," I said and glared at Zack. Zack shruggedhis shoulders and gave me a weak smile.

"Jeez Alex, I didn't thinkguys fell over you that much," I looked at the door and squeeled.

"MADDIE!" I exclaimed. Matt let go of me and I ran to hug her.

"I missed you too love," she giggled.

When I let go I noticed she was staring at something, rather someone. I turned to see her odgling Matt. I looked at Zacky, and it clicked. Maddie was just what Matt needed.

"Matt this is Maddie, Maddie this is Matt," I introduced them and then Zacky pulled meinto the kitchen.
"I hope the plan works," Zacky whispered backing me up against the kitchen counter. "Maybe then you could focus on other things," he said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes. He slowly inched closer to me. I wasn't sure what he was doing until his lips were only mere centimeters away from mine.

"C..can I kiss you?" he asked, his minty breath stunning me.

"I...Zacky," I breathed. Did I really want to kiss my best friend? Did I really want that awkwardness afterwards? All I know is that I didn't want to loose him, I couldn't loose him. "No, Zack.....no." I whispered.

He sighed, shook his head, and left the room. Did I just loose him? No, Zack just has a bad temper, but why do I feel so wrong? But what if I did kiss him? Would it just be a one time deal like with all those other girls? I moaned, my head was starting to hurt really bad from thinking too much.

"Alex? Sweetie are you okay?" Maddie asked. I looked up at her and smiled.

"I'm fine Maddie. How do you like Matt?" I asked wiggling my eyebrows. We both laughed.

"He's really nice, and he's um...he'stakingmeouttodinertonight!" she said all jumbled up with excitment. I laughed.

"Aw Maddie and Matty!" We both giggled. "Come on, lets go pick out your date outfit." I grabbed my purse, and her arm and we ran out the door.

"Ms. Alexis Pond! Is it true that you're pregant with Zachary Baker's child?" poporatzzi asked as Maddie and I were walking down the mall strip.

"Nope, just friends," I popped my 'p' and pulled Maddie into Forever 21.

"How do you deal with those low lives?" she asked. I just shrugged my shoulders.

"It doesn't really bug me anymore, I guess it just comes with practice, and Im with the Avenged guys all the time." I let out a small chuckle.

"Speaking of Zacky, why did he storm out of your house like that?" she asked concern in her voice.

"You saw that huh?" I sighed. She nodded her head yes. "He asked if he could kiss me, and I said no." I explained. She sliently nodded her head in an understanding way.

We ended up getting quite a bit of things when we were there and then we sneaked back home to get Maddie ready for her date with Matt. I was excited for them both, but why did this feel so weird?