Status: Working on it :)

Young Love

Chapter 2.) I've Got Dreams of Love

Erin's POV

"Hey." Rob smiled when he opened the door to his apartment.

"Hi." I half-smiled back.

"How've you been? I missed you." He asked, engulfing me in a hug.

"I'm fine, you should know this since we just hung out yesterday."

"So?" He closed the door and we walked to the couch. On the way he flicked off the light switch, "Oh, no! The power's out, how weird?!"

We met during a power outage in the first week of the writing program. It's held near NYU and he is in the program, too, but there are so many people that I hadn't met him yet. I was sitting next to Staci and we were talking about how weird the random power outage was (since it wasn't raining or snowing.) He sat down next to me and I commented on his short gelled semi-Mohawk and we just started talking about random stuff.

He flicked the light back on, "So, can we talk about something real quick?"

"Sure..."

"Can you do me a favor and spend a little less time with Joe?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I knew that they didn't like each other but he couldn't control who I hang out with.

"It means that I don't want to have to compete for your attention anymore! We barely hang out, and when we do it's for like ten minutes while your waiting to be picked up. And don't say we spend more time together than that, because ever since he got back we've barely seen each other."

"Well I don't know what to tell you, Robbie. I mean, I have friends and my world doesn't revolve around you." I knew this was a low blow but I didn't stop.

"That's because your world doesn't revolve at all unless Joe's in it!" Now we were both hitting below he belt.

"That's not true!" I defended myself.

"Yeah, okay."

"It's not."

"Whatever, you obviously don't want to put as much into this as I do, so maybe we shouldn't be together anymore." Robbie looked at me with sad eyes.

"Alright then." it was all I could say, because, in truth, the breakup was going to happen sooner or later and I was glad it was sooner.

"I don't want to lose you as a friend, though, you're a good friend just-" he started.

"Don't."

He walked over to my and wrapped his arms around me gently, "I'm sorry, Erin."

"Yeah, me too."

"Still friends?"

"Yeah."

---

Joe and I had been hanging out a lot because Nick and Staci had been sneaking off. I didn't really mind, though. I loved hanging out with Joe; he was always so sweet and has always been there for me. Which is part of what makes him so likable.

"I'm hungry." He said.

"When aren't you?" I teased.

He just stuck out his tongue and opened the fridge.

"What are you doing?" I asked, chuckling a bit.

"Making something for us to eat...." He answered.

"Can I help?" I questioned.

"Sure." He smiled.

So I grabbed a box of pasta from the pantry and started to boil water while he seasoned chicken.

Soon enough the noodles were cooking and so was the chicken leaving Joe and I with nothing to do. The quiet was nice and not awkward...things never really got awkward between Joe and I anymore.

"Have you seen 'The Other Guys?'" He asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"I wanna watch a movie and I got a few while we were on tour."

"Oh."

"What about 'Inception?' Did you see that?"

"Yup."

"Which one did you like better?"

"I liked them both, but I'm more in the mood for 'The Other Guys.'"

"Okay." He nodded.

"You never told me what your favorite part of tour was, you always do and this time you didn't."

"Tour was...eh this time. It was really awkward with Demi there and I tried to explain and get her to be my friend again and we were almost there, but then we found out about what she was going through and she left for rehab. I really just wanted to be here, I didn't wanna tour. It was a first...I love touring, probably more than Nick or Kevin, but not this time."

"Sorry."

"Its not your fault, so stop apologizing for everything."

"Sorry." I joked.

"Oh just shut up and check the noodles." He ordered.

"Fine!" I yelled, put some on a spoon and tossed it his way, "How's that?!"

"Ah! It burns!!!" He shouted.

"OMG, are you okay?" I freaked out.

"Gotcha!" He laughed and threw the noodles at me.

I threw more noodles at him and soon enough, there weren't any left in the pot and the kitchen was covered in them.

"Shit, we have to clean this up!"

"Ugh."

"You didn't say what your favorite part was, yet."

"Oh, right. My favorite part was when we were in Rio."

"I never would have guessed, especially since you tweeted about it so much. 'Rio your beaches are amazing!' 'I <3 Rio!'" I joked.

"It was so amazing. So breath taking. So..." He looked over at me, "beautiful."

I didn't say anything back, just finished cleaning. What was I supposed to say to that anyways? Was he just making eye contact, or was he calling me beautiful?! He's so confusing!

"Movie time!" I said after a while. We always watched movies when we were bored.

He put the movie in and we sat down on the couch, but he had a funny look on his face, "This feels very...awkward and ew." Then he picked me up and sat us on the love seat. "Cold?" He asked.

"A bit..." I shrugged, so he grabbed the blanket that was resting on the arm of the couch, threw it over us, and rested his arm over my shoulders-which would've been weird had he not done it everytime we watched a movie together.

"Better?" He questioned, smirking ever so slightly.

"Yeah." I nodded and cuddled up to him a little more.

Staci's POV

We were all sitting around the table eating when Nick smirked at me...I knew that smirk by now. It meant 'come on, let's get out of here.' Ever since the night he cradled me, nothing has been the same between us.

FLASHBACK

Nick held me tightly knowing Erin and Joe wouldn't be back for a while and that they wouldn't be much help anyway. He tried his best to calm me down, but I was letting out all of what I had held in for the longest time.

"Shhh, Staci, it's okay. You'll be able to see them soon. I promise." He cooed as he stroked my hair. I removed my head from his chest and looked up into his soft brown eyes.

"Promise is a big word, Nick." I sobbed, looking at his tear-soaked shirt.

"I know, but I'm always here for you and if you want I'll take you to see them." He smiled brushing away my tears which made me blush and look away, "Staci, look at me (he shifted my body to where I was almost straddling him and was forced to look at his beautiful face.) You know I'm always here for you, don't you?" He asked sincerely.

"Yeah, Nick, I know it's just..." I started, looking down at the huge wet spot on his shirt.

"Its just what?! Stop starring at my shirt and look at me!" He growled frustrated because I continued to stare at his shirt, afraid to look at him. "Ugh. (He took off his shirt, revealing his defined chest and abs.) Now look at me!" He slightly yelled. My gaze traveled up his body to meet his eyes. This is so not helping the major crush I've had on him for years.

"Nick I just...ummm." I gulped while my eyes traveled back down to his abs.

"Come on, Staci, you can tell me anything, I love you...I mean as a friend." He rushed the last part and blushed.

"Did Nick Jonas just blush?!" I teased, feeling slightly less uncomfortable.

"Um, yeah...I've felt this way for as long as I've known you. Staci, I think you are the most amazing, most beautiful, most inspiring person I have ever met." He stated.

"Are you saying you're in love with me?!" I choked out as the room suddenly felt heated.

"Yeah, I'm finally saying it: I love you!" He smiled and leaned in.

"I love you too." I murmered against his soft lips, soon enough he asked for entrance and I gladly let him in. His hands started playing with my shirt; he lifted it over my head without breaking the kiss. I quickly realized where this was going, both of our first times.

"Nick, your ring." I said sadly.

"Doesn't matter. I love you and I wanna show you." He said kissing me again. I moved my hands to his belt and things were amazing after that.

END FLASHBACK

"I'm feeling a little light headed. I'm going to check my sugar and lay down." Nick said, trying not to smile.

"Wait, Nick, do you want me to come?" I asked, already knowing his answer.

"If you want." He said plainly.

"Sorry your sugars been crazy lately, dude." Joe stated, looking worried.

Nick's sugar was always a good excuse to be alone because Erin can't stand blood and Joe's hates being around him with his mood swings.

"Yeah, bro, I know it sucks, but at least Staci watches me." He said coldly, making sure he wouldn't go home till later. I felt my cheeks get red as we as we walked to the door and without another word from anyone we made our way to his place directly across the hall.

"So do you wanna watch a movie or something?" I asked as I watched him unlock and open the door for me.

"No, I have something else in mind." He smirked as he picked me up bridal style and carried me to his room where I saw rose petals scattered everywhere which were being dimmly lit by a few electric candles.

"Aw, Nick, this is so cute. Thank you." I smiled.

"Anything for you. I would have real candles but Joe would've smelled them, maybe we should just tell them that we've been secretly together." He suggested, gently setting me on his bed.

"This is perfect, we make enough heat as it is...no need to burn the place down. But don't you like the secret and sneaking around?" I giggled.

"Very true and I guess it gives our relationship more spice. I love you and I'll always be here for you." He promised while crawling on top of me.

"I love you too..." And with that he pressed his lips on mine