Status: Working on it :)

Young Love

Chapter 3.) I'm Learning How to Fall

Erin’s POV
Joe and I had just gotten back from Applebee’s where we had dinner since we were hanging out and got hungry.
“Do you mind if I stay here tonight?” He asked.
“You do almost every other night…” I answered, opening the door.
“Is that a yes or a no? ‘Cause I get lonely at home without my cuddle buddy.” He elbowed me.
“I’m sure your bed misses you.” I joked.
“My bed will be fine, so can I or can’t I?” He asked again as we walked through the loft.
“Sure.” I laughed.
“Sweet.” He cheered.
I laughed and his eyes locked with mine, but I looked away quickly.
“Um, I’m just going to go change.” I stated and grabbed some pajamas from my drawer.
Joe’s POV
I watched Erin walk out of her room and sat down in her desk chair.
‘God, she’s too pretty…Maybe she feels the same? Of course she does! I saw that look. But she just split with Rob a few weeks ago; oh well, he was a dirt bag anyway…But I’ll never know how she feels if I don’t try, tight?!’ I thought, feeling dumb that I just noticed these feelings when Erin started dating Rob and when we left for tour. At first I thought I felt this way only because she was taken, but now that I still feel this way I guess that’s not true. I mean, she was always there for me so there was nothing to test out, I knew we were friends and that seemed like enough for her, so it was enough for me. It isn’t that way any so much more. I don’t want to lose her, though, especially since I’ve managed to hurt every friendship that went further in the past. Plus, I was actually nervous about asking her out or making a move on her. I had never been this way with any other girl before, there’s just something about her…
Erin walked into the room wearing a Red Hot Chili Peppers shirt and short black shorts. My mind went blank.
“I’ll be right back.” I said after a few seconds of staring. I walked to the hall closet where Nick and I kept extra clothes for when we were too lazy to walk over and get some. I changed in the bathroom and walked back to her room.
“Wanna watch a movie?” She asked as I crawled onto her bed, laying next to her.
“Sure…Nemo?” I suggested.
“Okay!” She smiled and put it in the DVD player.
We sat under the covers, I put my arm over her shoulder, and she cuddled into my chest. Just around the time where Dory thinks she can speak whale, I noticed Erin was asleep so I turned the TV and the lights off and tried to fall asleep too.
Tried being the key word.
All I could think about was how much I wanted to be able to call her mind.
Staci’s POV
So Nick and I have been secretly dating for almost two months! I cannot believe no ones caught on yet, seriously, we are always together…Erin and Joe are just blind with their own love. I know they have a small age difference, but I can see that they really like each other. IF they dated, then we could double date! Well we could if Nick and I told them that we are together. There is part of me that wants to scream that I have the greatest boyfriend in the entire world, but I kind of like keeping a secret…being sneaky is fun!
Its strange, though, Joe and Erin are always together when Nick and I are. OMG WHAT IF THEY ARE SECRETLY DATING TOO?! Nah, I think they are too chicken to tell one another about their feelings. But wow, it would be funny if we were all keeping secrets! Oh well, I don’t want to think about them while I’m trying to make my relationship with Nick the best it can be. I snuggled into his chest as I fixated my eyes back to the movie we were watching…Juno. I laughed at the receptionist saying “it makes my boyfriend’s junk smell like pie” and glanced up at Nick who was chuckling also.
“I love you.” I said randomly, he glanced down at me and smiled his crooked smile.
“Aw baby I love you too.” he placed his lips on the top of my head and held me tighter. After the movie, I really didn’t feel like going back home, or turning on the lights, so Nick just turned the TV off. It was barely 10:30 so we just continued to cuddle in the darkness.
I heard a slight sigh from Nick, so I sat up and stared at his face trying to find his lips in the dark. I felt his hand touch my face while his thumb brush over my lips. He slowly leaned in and pushed his lips feverishly on mine, he knew all I wanted was to make-out and he’s always been respectful. Before long we were in a huge, hot make-out session, and I felt his hand go slightly up my shirt. I know what he wants, but being on the couch in the open when we know Joe could come home any minute means no! I tried to leave it alone and continued to kiss him, all the sudden I heard the door open and the lights cam on. Nick jumped off me, leaving us both breathless; we looked to the door at a frightened and shocked Joe.
“WOAH! YOU, NICK? EWWWWW! ERINNNNNNNNNN!” Joe yelled and ran back to my place. Well I guess there’s no more secret relationship…Nick and I looked at each other, and I saw the corner of his lips turn up.
“Did you see his face?!” Nick laughed as I nodded, and we were in a huge fit of laughter. Then I heard Joe yelling at Erin from across the hall, saying “Get your ass up, now!!”
“Nick go sit in the chair and pretend you’re sleeping and I’ll do the same on the couch.” I laughed as I winked at him. He did as told and I threw myself back on the warm couch.
“Ugh, Joe, what the hell is it now? I’m tired!” Erin grumbled.
“Nick and Staci were making out…ON THE COUCH! I SAW THEM!” Joe whined and I heard them walk through the open door.
“Really, Joe, really?!” They’re sleeping!” Erin whisper-yelled.
“Erin, I swear I was blinded by what I saw. His hand was *gag* up her shirt!” He shuddered.
“Think about this for a second…why wouldn’t they tell us if they were together?!” She asked, stressing the word ‘think.’
“Erin, I don’t know why they didn’t say anything, but they cant be sleeping; I saw them right before I woke you up!” Joe sounded frustrated, “Ugh, this is making me so confused!”
“When aren’t you confused?!” Erin asked coldly…she *hates* when she is woken up.
“Hey!” Joe yelled, obviously slightly hurt.
“You know its true.” Erin grumbled, most likely rolling her eyes. I couldn’t help it and obviously Nick couldn’t either because we both started cracking up laughing.
“Look: see, I told you! I’m not that dumb!” Joe said sticking his tongue out towards Erin while Nick and I got up, still laughing.
“Bro, you should’ve seen your face when you walked in.” Nick chuckled as he wrapped his arms around my waist.
“Not funny. That scarred me for life! Thanks!” Joe gagged.
“Hey! That’s mean; I found the kissing very nice!” I defended.
“Ew, so you two are, like, together now?” Joe asked looking at us with the weirdest look plastered upon his face.
“No Joe we’re just friends with benefits…Of course we are together, you idiot! Staci’s my girl now.”

“Honestly, Joe, how did you not see this coming?” Erin questioned like a zombie, “Well, congratulations on being a couple. Woo-hoo! Now, if you don’t mind, I’m going back to sleep!” Erin stated sarcastically and walked out.
“You two…wow! Please don’t make out in front of me ever again!” Joe begged.
“Maybe.” Nick smirked.
“Ew. I’m going to bed. Do whatever you want, wait no don’t. Ugh! I hope you two aren’t *gag* don’t *gag* never mind I won’t give you any ideas…JUST GO TO SLEEP!” Joe yelled the last part, walked to his room, and slammed the door.
Then, Nick and I went to his bed, cuddled, and we fell into slumber.