Status: Working on it :)

Young Love

Chapter 4.) Young Love is Tough

Joe's POV

Avoiding Nick and Staci isn't that hard. I'm not that mad at them, I just don't want to see them do anything in front of me since the night I decide to sleep at my place I walk in on that. Ew.

I was at home watching a Giants' game when Nick came home. "Oh, sweet, we're winning!" He said, flopping down on the couch.

"Yeah." I nodded, "So, bro how's Stacicakes?!"

"Awesome, but don't you think that you should get a girlfriend, too?" He asked.

"What? Me? No, I'm fine." I lied.

"Staci knows someone..." He suggested.

"No, seriously, Nick, I'm fine." I stated.

"Is it because of Erin?" He asked.

"No! Why wouldn't I date someone because of her?"

"Because its obvious that you are in love with her! Why don't you just ask her out already?!" He explained.

"I'm not in love with her!" I protested.

"Oh, come on, Joe! Everyone but you two sees it. I mean seriously, you guys are worse than Staci and I were before." He said.

"I'm not discussing this with you, okay."

"That just gives it away, you know."

"All I'm saying is that I don't to talk about this."

"So you're not denying it anymore?" He asked and I groaned.

"You know what makes no sense? You and Staci can keep whatever is going on between you two a secret, but I have to tell you everything about how I feel towards Erin?!"

"No, not everything...just the important stuff."

"Well that should work both ways, Nick."

"It does, bro."

"Really? How long were you and Staci together before before Erin and I found out?"

"That's different." Nick said, looking away.

"How?"

"It just is."

"Whatever." I walked to my room and put the game on in there.

Staci's POV

Joe and Erin basically shun Nick and I now because we kept us a secret! Its so not fair, because they are all secretive now. Seriously, WTF...Are we five again!? Ughhhhhhh, I know they are out together, but I want to know what goes on!

Nick ended up coming over, so I cooked for us…of course I made him steak and grilled chicken for me. Dinner was slightly quiet because while I cooked I saw a picture of my family…it just got me thinking of how I’ve been with Nick so much that I haven’t really thought about them lately...

I looked across the table to Nick, who was devouring the steak I made him; I slightly smiled, but my smile quickly faded because of my family…Guilt was really starting to take over me almost to the point of sickness. I tried to shake it off but as soon as I went to put a piece of chicken in my mouth it was too much to handle; I got up and ran into the bathroom empting my stomach. I felt my eyes water, I hate throwing up!

“Shhhh it’s ok.”- Nick comforted as he held my hair. I finish empting myself out, brushed my teeth, and splashed cold water on my face. Nick was leaning on the fame of the door with a concerned look on his face.

“Baby are you ok, you didn’t even eat yet!”- He asked.

“Um, I don’t know. I felt really sick right before I ate; I just think I have a lot on my mind.”- I said as he walked up and placed his hands on my hips looking me in the eyes.

“Well talk to me, we don’t have to go through this again do we: you know you can tell me anything.”

“Ok, I know I can talk to you…”- I said worried he’d take what I need to say the wrong way.

“Come on baby.”- He said leading me to the couch, holding my waist, probably afraid that I’d fall. He sat down first and gently pulled me onto his lap. I snuggled into his chest and let out a loud sigh. “Do you need to tell me something?”- He asked cautiously.

“Not anything too important…why? You sound anxious.”- I said while I faced him more, the look upon his face concerned me…I’m not going to die!

“Staci your not *gulp* pregnant are you?”- He whispered, looking down to my stomach.

“WHAT?”- I asked in complete shock, I never even thought of that!!

“I’m just asking, you’ve been spacey today and you got sick…I mean I know your on birth control and I always use…well you know, protection..." He glanced into my eyes completely frightened.

“Nick, I have no idea…maybe that’s it,
but I just wanted to talk about visiting my family" I said panicking. OMG what if I am!? Nick and I are too young! He wasn’t even supposed to have sex until marriage! Tears started to well up in my eyes at the thought that he could leave me and deny our child.

“Staci, it’s ok! If you are, I’m here; I would never leave you! This would be as much as my mistake as it is yours.”- He said gripping my waist.

“Mistake!? Nick our child would not be a mistake! We made love; you can’t call our baby a mistake!”- I cried.

“Oh baby I didn’t mean it like that! Please forgive me, all I meant is that the child wasn’t planned. Look I always dreamed of having a family with you, just not now.”- He assured me.

“Nick…”- I trailed off, how could this happen? I tried to look at him but it hurt too much.

“It’s fine, look at me. Let’s just go get a test, this could be a scare.”- He suggested while he held me tighter.

“Alright, Nick I love you.”- I said.

“I love you too baby, lets go.”- He half smiled, we both got up and headed out the door…thank god Joe and Erin are on a date!

---

Nick got us a cab and we headed to the nearest drug store. I glanced over to him still staying quiet just like the entire ride had been. He happened to look over to me at the same time; he fixed his baseball cap, moved closer, and intertwined his hand tightly with mine. He lifted up my shaky hand and pressed his soft lips on it and smiled at me.

“It’s going to be fine. If you are, I’ll be here for just like I am if you’re not. I love you so much I couldn’t ever lose you.” He smiled while he brushed my tears away as the car came to a stop.

“Thanks...I love you too. I’ll just go in, please stay here it will only be like five minutes or so.” I smiled lightly, still scared shitless. He nodded his head so I leaned over and kissed his cheek before I stepped out of the cab. I swallowed the big lump in my throat as I walked into the store and down the dreadful aisle. I picked up a random test and went to pay; the old woman who was working gave me a disgusted look. It’s not my fault I look 12!

“Can I see some ID?” She asked rudely, you have to be at least 16 to buy one in New York.

“Here…” I said quietly as I handed her my wallet.

“Such a shame that a baby will be born into a troubled life.” She sneered as she gave me back my wallet.

“Excuse me?” I asked completely offended.

“Well you obviously won't be able to raise it properly...Are you going to give it up for adoption, that would be what’s best, or will the baby’s daddy get sued for child support? By the way, it will be $16.04" She smirked evilly. “Oh, or are you just going to abort the…”

“OMG, who are you to judge me? I would never abort my child, even if it‘s father wasn‘t around! He actually is there for me, though, he’s in the cab right outside that door! Plus, I don’t know if I’m pregnant so please keep your rude comments to yourself, I already feel guilty enough.” I cried as I shoved my credit card into her hand. That’s, like, the first time I’ve ever really stood up for myself, but I was still too worried to care. I grabbed my card, the recite, and the bag while walking out and to the cab as quickly as possible. I flung open the door, slammed it shut, and started to cry. Nick gave me a crazy look and quickly scooped me into his arms.

“Staci, what happened? Are you ok?” He asked feverishly.

“I don’t want to talk about it!” I cried into his jacket.

“Shhhhh, it will be ok.” He tried to help; this is bad! I don’t think we should’ve ever taken that extra step in our relationship! Soon enough the cab stopped and Nick helped me out and up to my place. I still felt so guilty and horrible so I continued to be silent.

“Want to talk now?” He asked quietly. I shook my head no; maybe that lady was right…I walked to the counter, took out the test from the bag and walked to my bathroom with Nick trailing right behind me.

“Nick, I really don’t really want to pee on a stick in front of you, ok?”- I asked monotone.

“Oh god, sorry!” He said stepping back.

“It’s ok, I’ll let you in when it is time to find out…” I said as he nodded. I closed the door, took out the test, and followed the directions. Finally, it was time to see the results; I opened the door for Nick.

“Ok let’s see…no matter what, I love you Staci…so much.” He smiled.

“I love you too…” I picked up the stick, we both looked at it seeing the results, then I dropped it and clung to Nick...