Status: Working on it :)

Young Love

Chapter 5.) No Regrets, Just Love

Staci’s POV

“Oh thank god!” I cried into Nick’s strong chest.

“Wow…”- He stated.

“It would’ve been terrible if we had a kid at 17!” I continued to cry as he picked me up.

“I know, but we could’ve done it together…I think” Nick smirked sweetly as he sat down on the couch, leaving me in his lap.

“Aw, you’re so amazing. I truly love you more then anything.” I said as he wiped my excess tears.

“Ditto baby. You’re my world, and we will have a beautiful family one day when we are ready. I promise you that.” He said glazing into my eyes as he caressed my cheek lightly.

“Can you really promise me that, Nick?” I asked doubtful. I mean everyone is after him, why would he choose little me instead of some tall blonde model? There’s no doubt that I’ll love him forever, but is that really the same way he feels about me?

“Staci!”

“What? That’s a legitimate question! You can have anyone you want! Why pick me?!” I said looking away; I never thought someone like him could ever love me.

“I want you and no one else! That’s why I pick you! I love your shortness, your eyes, your lips, your beautiful smile, your body in general. However, I mostly love the way you make me feel. You make my heart swell so much I think it will explode! You always make me smile even though I hate to, but you make me love too. You make me laugh and feel loved! I really can promise you I won’t let you go, especially without one hell of a fight. I want a future with you…for forever! You’re my angel, my baby, the air that I breathe.” He blurted out, shocking me.

“You really mean all that?”

“YES STACI! I love you but you need more self confidence I swear!” He said frustrated with me.

“I’m sorry, I know I do. You’re just too good to be true I think.” I said lovingly as I gazed at him. His angered expression softened because he can’t stay mad at me for very long most of the time.

“We’ll work on it and this is real baby so get used to it. I’m not going anywhere!” He chuckled as he hugged me tightly.

“Nick…air…please!”

“Sorry…” He said kissing my forehead.

“It’s ok, how about we don’t let Erin and Joe find out about our scare even if they figure we had sex, ok?” I said worried they’d freak.

“Ok, but its making love remember?” He smirked.

“Yea yea horny boy.” I laughed getting up.

“Wait a second...Did you say ‘had sex?' Shouldn’t it be 'having sex' or 'making love?'” He asked realizing exactly what I said.

“Ummm…” I said worried he’d me mad if I actually told him my plan.

“Umm what?” He panicked as he followed me into the kitchen.

“Oh nothing…”

“Tell me now.” He stated as he spun me around to look at him.

“Well I was thinking since we both don’t want to go through this again, that maybe just maybe we should lay off…well each other.” I said sadly.

“What? NO? Why? We’ll be careful, like extra careful!” He asked, sounding pissed...Crazy boy!

“We were careful Nick and look what happened! I can’t go through that again! I love you, but we both know it’d be best if we didn’t…I don’t want to fight about this, ok?” I said, pissed.

“I know, but I love you so much…” He said with his puppy dog face trying to break me.

“If you love me then you’ll be ok for awhile.”

“Fine then whatever! Be selfish!” He yelled throwing his hands in the air as he walked away. He’s mad but nothing that won’t blow over…I think. But I know that this is how it should be even if we still both want each other badly. Hopefully we can last like this. I heard keys jingle as the door popped open to reveal a very giddy Joe and Erin. Both their smiles faded as they looked at me.

“Are you ok? You’re been crying, haven’t you?” Erin asked, rushing over to me.

“What did Nick do to you, Stacicakes?” Joe asked.

“I didn’t do shit, it’s what she’s not doing to me!” Nick yelled from my living room.

“Ugh, Nick! Shut up!” I yelled back.

"Just tell us what happened." Joe said.

"Nothing." I sighed.

Erin shot me an 'I don't believe you' look and walked into the living room.

"What happened, cranky?" She asked Nick.

"I'm not cranky! She just-" Nick started.

"Say another word and it's done for good!" I shouted.

"Nevermind, then." He said.

"Come on, Staci, you can tell us...maybe we can help." Joe suggested.

"Its really nothing, Joe, just go."

"Fine. Bye."

“Bye.” Erin said, giving me the 'we’ll talk later look.'

“Bye!” I said as I watched the door close and I heard Nick let out another angry sigh.

“Nice Nick, you can say so many wonderful things to me then be a complete ass when I said something I thought would be the best for US!” I yelled, but he didn't reply. “Alright whatever. I'm leaving you to sit all by yourself…HAVE FUN!” I knew he was too good to be true.

I soon found myself in Central Park. I just sat down, letting out a sigh and started to think about everything, but mostly about how much I needed my family right now.

"Staci!" I heard and turned around, only to see Nick.

"What?" I asked angrily.

"I'm sorry, I over-reacted. I know that what you said is best and I guess I can try." He looked sincere.

"Nick..." I started and stopped, not really knowing what to say.

"Yes?" He questioned, taking my hands in his and starring right into my eyes.

"I guess we could try and compromise..."

Erin's POV

"So who killed her?" Joe asked.

"I can't tell you, it's too complicated and it'll ruin the show for you." I was making him watch Pretty Little Liars with me.

"It was Spencer, wasn't it?!" He guessed.

"Nope." I smirked knowing he would never guess it right.

"Tell me!"

"Never!"

"Don't make me force the answer out of you!"

"You wouldn't dare!"

"I won't have to if you tell me!"

"I'm not telling you."

"Alright, you leave me no choice then." In a matter of seconds I was pinned down and he was ticking me.

"Stop!" I yelled.

"Tell me!" He ordered, pinning my arms above my head.

"What's the magic word?"

"Please." He rolled his eyes.

"It was Ali who killed her twin sister. She's still alive but her sister has been living as her for so long that she basically stole her life, so she killed her."

"That is so dumb. Why do you watch such lame shows?"

"It's not lame. You'd have to have read the books-or know someone who did-to understand it."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah."

"Well its a good thing I have you."

"I guess." I looked up and we locked eyes.

"Erin?" His voice was a bit unsteady and before I could respond, I felt him press his lips on mine. I saw fireworks, I felt sparks, I could've sworn that the world had stopped moving. It was like our lips were made to fit together; they moved as one and it was amazing.

He pulled away, much to my dismay, and we stared at each other for a few seconds, trying to figure out what just happened and what the other person was thinking.

"Joe?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"Do you mind letting go of my wrists, I kind of can't feel them."

"Right. Sorry." He said getting up and helping me up too.

"So..." He looked around nervously and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"So..." I echo.

"I've got to tell you something." He became very serious.

"Yeah?"

"I'm pretty sure that I'm in love with you...Every thing about you just amazes me. You're so smart, pretty, and nice. I've never met anyone who's meant so much to me before" I looked up at his eyes, making sure he was sincere, "I know it sounds cheesy but its true."

"I'm pretty sure I love you back. You're so sweet, handsome, talented, and you've been my best friend for forever, it's hard not to love you."

"Really? You mean all of that?"

"Yeah."

"What about Rob?"

"He already knows how I feel about you plus he's dating some other girl so he won't get in the way."

"Are you sure you want to test the waters? Apparently I'm dangerous when it comes to dating."

"All we can do is try."

"You're amazing, I really hope you know that." He said and I smiled, blushing slightly, "So, since we're together now, can I kiss you again?"

"Of course." I smiled back and stretched up a bit to meet him somewhat halfway, wrapping my arms around his neck and I felt his around my waist.

"BABY I LIKE IT!" My phone blared and I sighed, pulling away from Joe but staying in his hold.

"Hello?" I grumbled.

"Hey!" Staci said.

"What's up?" I asked, trying to hide the agitation in my voice.

"Not much. I just called to see if you and Joey would wanna get some coffee with Nick and I."

"Sure, sounds fun."

"Alright, usual place."

"Okay, we'll be there in like five minutes."

"Otay." She hung up and I put my phone in my pocket.

"What is it?" Joe asked.

"Staci, she just wanted us to go meet her and Nick at Starbucks."

"Do we have to?"

"Yes."

"Fine." He let go and kissed my forehead, "Let's go."

We left his place and started walking since the Starbucks we were going to was so close.

We were almost there, but Joe stopped us and kissed me quickly. It wasn't long, but it was still enough to make me dizzy. In that dizziness I could've sworn that I heard a 'click.'

We walked into Starbucks and spotted them in line.

"I hope it's okay with you guys, but we figured it would be fun to walk through Central Park." Staci said when we walked up to them.

"That's fine." I shrugged.

After we got our drinks we left the store and headed to the park. We talked about anything and everything. It was like old times, the only difference being that Nick and Staci acted all couple-y.

After the walk, Staci begged to go window shopping so we did. But we kind of got split up when we walked into Toys 'R' Us.

"Maybe they'll leave because we dragged them into a fun place." Joe joked.

"Hopefully."

"Found them!" We heard Staci yell, so we grabbed the nearest Nerf guns and hid.

"I thought you said you found them?" Nick asked.

"They were here..."

"Pew, pew, pew!" I said, pretending to shoot the gun.

"Sorry, I don't die." Nick glared.

"You're no fun." I moped, putting the toy back.

"Yes I am."

"No." Joe said.

"He's tons of fun." Staci smirked.

"Ew! We don't want to know!" Joe ad I said at the same time. Nick and Staci just laughed, of course.