‹ Prequel: Undisclosed Desires
Sequel: You Don't See Me

Good Enough

Chapter 8; Calm Down

Nathalie rested her head on Matt’s chest. She was awake for the past ten minutes, but she didn’t want to ruin the perfect moment of waking up in the arms of someone she loved. Yes, she loved Matt. She told him right after sex, and it was perfect. Her heart and body were satisfied.

She felt him stir. She lifted her head and watched as for a second he was confused where he was, but when his hazel eyes landed on her, he grinned.

He wrapped his arms around her tightly.

“I love this,” he said. “I love you.”

She giggled. “I love you, too.”

“I don’t want to get out of bed,” he stretched and yawned.

“Then let’s not,” she said. “Let’s stay here and make love until we can’t move.”

Matt groaned. He had a job to do. He had to do a carry out that would take him all day.

“I can’t, baby,” he said. “I’ve got some work today.”

“Really?” she asked.

“Yeah, but I’ll be back tonight, and then we’ll make love until we can’t move,” he kissed her hungrily. He got a taste of her last night, and she quickly became his addiction. The taste of her mouth alone was enough to get him hard. He pulled away before all of his will was broken.

“So I’ll see you tonight?” she asked.

“You bet your sweet ass,” he grinned.

They got out of bed and he left the house. Nathalie walked into the kitchen with a wide grin.

“Oh, beauty has finally waken up, is the prince gone?” Isabel joked from the fridge. She was getting milk.

“Yes he is,” Nathalie got a bowl and served herself some cereal.

“It’s wonderful how we’re both happy,” Isabel sighed and ate her cereal.

“Yes it is.”

It was Sunday, so Nathalie had nothing but homework to do. She spend a great deal doing her essay for English and then finished up her Math homework. She had a test on Wednesday. She needed to get at least a B. It was a much harder test.

After she finished her homework she joined Isabel in the living room and enjoyed some good girl quality time.

Matt stood next to his ‘boss’. He stared at the rival gang with a neutral expression. He couldn’t glare because it would start of a gang war.

“What is the problem, Manuel?” the boss asked.

“We saw some of your boys dealing in our hood,” Manuel said with a slight Mexican accent. He glared at Matt and then to Brian.

Matt remembered that he took Nathalie around their ‘hood’ for a carnival, but he wasn’t dealing. He had to remain calm. The boss turned to Matt.

“What do you know of this?” he asked.

“I was there but I wasn’t dealing,” Matt answered straightforward. “I was with a friend.”

“Looked more like a nice piece of ass,” one of Manuel’s men snickered.

Matt’s first instinct was to punch the fucker, but he didn’t. His mouth just twitched a bit. Again, he remained calm.

“Who it was doesn’t matter,” the boss spoke. “My men were not dealing. There, you have nothing to worry about. It’s still a free country, Manuel. We can go in your hood, but just not to deal. We have our spot and we’re happy with what we’ve got.”

Manuel nodded. “I just wanted to make sure.” he turned to Matt. “You take care of your girl.”

Matt clenched his hands into fists. He didn’t do anything though. It would ruin the entire case. He had to play it cool.

“I sure will,” Matt said and then they left. On their way back, Matt got an earful from his boss. He couldn’t wait to put the bastard behind bars. After this job, he would take a long deserved vacation and spend it with Nathalie.

Nathalie. He couldn’t get their night together out of his head. He had to work on not getting a boner. All of his blood would rush to his dick, but he had to stop it. When they were back at the warehouse, Brian and Matt took a single car so they went back together.

It was past ten, but that wouldn’t stop them from stopping by to see their girls.

The boys were too distracted to notice that they were being followed and that it was their worst mistake ever.

Nathalie was half asleep as she watched Brothers and Sisters. Isabel was fast asleep hugging a pillow. Nathalie was going to turn off the TV when the door bell rang.

She looked at the time. It was past ten thirty. Who could it be?

She got up from the couch and walked over to the door. She opened it. She smiled when she saw that it was Matt… oh, and Brian.

“Hey,” she greeted them with a hug and allowed them in. “Isa is asleep,” she told Brian.

“I know a way to wake her up,” he winked and Nathalie smacked his arm. “Ow! Jeez, okay, I’ll just take her to her room.” He went over to the living room and picked her up in his arms and took her upstairs.

Matt had his lips on hers. She giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“I can see you missed me,” she said when she broke the passionate kiss.

“More than you can imagine,” he attacked her neck with a bunch of nibbles.

She moaned when she felt his lip ring brush against her skin.

“Matt,” she whispered, “not here.”

“Let’s go to your bedroom then.”

-*-

Nathalie knew she shouldn’t have made love when she had school the next day, but she couldn’t say no to Matt. Her will wasn’t strong enough when it came to him. She was finally ready to let him know why she moved to be with Isabel.

She began to tell him that she lived in an orphanage her whole life. She was an orphan. The nuns who found her took her in when she was just four years old. She didn’t have any memory of it, except that she was extremely cold for days and hungry until the nuns found her.

She watched as other girls got adopted by nice families.

She never felt like she had a family until she met Isabel. One Christmas, Nathalie got a really old lap top from the nuns and she would go to a café and surf the internet. She met Isabel there and was impressed by how nice the Americans were.

Matt wrapped his arms around her tightly.

“You’re never gonna be alone again,” he promised.

“Isabel has been heaven sent,” Nathalie sighed.

Matt laughed. “Then what am I?”

Nathalie laughed too. “You’re just a bonus.”

They fell asleep soon.

The next morning, she had to go to school, so she woke Matt up and told him to go. He made a pout but still promised to be back that night.

The following Friday, Matt was going to take her to the movies. Isabel was stuck home because Brian had some solo work to do. Nathalie didn’t really ask about the odd jobs they did, but she was starting to wonder. She began to think it wasn’t construction. She didn’t want to get into it. Matt would tell her when he wanted to. If he didn’t, then she would ask.

She had a feeling it wasn’t legal stuff they did.

She pushed those thoughts aside and continued to do her make up for the night.

“You can come with us,” Nathalie offered Isabel who was on Nathalie’s bed face down.

“And the third wheel?” Isabel scoffed. “No, thank you. I’ll stay here and have a Dexter marathon.”

“Are you sure?” Nathalie insisted, but she was only being a good friend. She wanted to spend so time with Matt. Over the past few days, his ‘job’ was getting in the way. He was being called out. She just wanted some quality time with her boyfriend.

“I’m sure,” Isabel insisted. “You go have fun.”

The door bell rang. Nathalie got her things quickly because they were going to be late to watch the movie they wanted. She rushed out of her room and went down the stairs quickly. She opened the door for Matt.

“Ready?” he asked.

She got her sweater from the hanger. “Yeah.”

“You look amazing babe,” he pecked her cheek.

“Thanks.”

It wasn’t until that they were finding parking downtown that she noticed she forgot her cell phone. They got their tickets and their food for their popcorn.

The movie was filled with action. She liked it from beginning to end. After the movie, they spent a little time walking around. They stopped at a bar and had a beer, then they decided to head home. She bobbed her head to Begging for Mercy by Bullet for my Valentine.

Matt turned on their street. He stopped in front of her home.

“Isabel is probably still up watching Dexter,” Nathalie said when she saw the light on the living room on. The curtains were closed, but she could see the flicker of the TV. She frowned when she noticed something. “Her bedroom light is on. She never leaves those on. She’s a conservative freak when it comes to light and water.”

“She probably just forgot,” Matt said.

“Let’s go, maybe we can watch an episode with her.”

“I do like Dexter,” he agreed.

They got out and walked to the front door. She took out her keys and opened the door. She noticed that the doorframe of the door was damaged. Matt ran his hand down the frame.

His body tensed up. “Stay here.”

“Why?” she asked.

Matt gave her a serious look. “Just stay here.”

“You’re scaring me, Matt,” she whispered.

“This door was forced open, and it wasn’t like this when I picked you up,” he whispered back. “Stay here.”

“No, I can’t. What if they’re still here?”

He debated himself for a second and then nodded. “Stay close to me then.” They walked inside and Nathalie gasped when she noticed things out of place. It was also trashed. The furniture was ripped and broken. There was tag on the walls, just random patterns, nothing in particular.

“Oh my god,” she whispered. “Isabel!” she couldn’t help but scream for her best friend.

“Shh!” Matt hissed.

She didn’t listen she left his side and looked around the first floor there was nothing. She rushed upstairs with Matt hot on her trail. She went to Isabel’s room and gasped in horror when she saw her best friend, naked on her bed with her face beaten.

“Fuck!” Matt cursed.

Nathalie went to her best friend and covered her with her sweater.

“Isabel, Isabel,” Nathalie tried to fight the tears, but Isabel was in bad shape. “Can you hear me?”

“I’m calling for an ambulance,” Matt said.

Nathalie was half aware of him. Isabel moaned.

“Nat?” she asked in a hoarse voice.

“I’m here, I’m here!” Nathalie wiped away the tears. “Help is coming Nat.”

“Don’t… let… Brian… see me… like this,” she looked in so much pain.

“Oh, God, Isa,” Nathalie sobbed.

Ten minutes later, an ambulance arrived. They took Isabel in a gurney. She was wrapped in a blanket to shield her bare body. Then police came and started to ask questions and took pictures. Nathalie answered everything and then rushed to the hospital. Matt stayed behind to take care of the police.

Nathalie parked in the hospital parking and then went to the ER. She asked for Isabel and was told she was being examined and that she needed to wait.

Half an hour later, Brian rushed through the ER doors. His face was fierce, but Nathalie could see the concern in his eyes. He demanded to see Isabel, but was told the same thing as Nathalie.

“Sit down, Brian,” she told him.

“I want to see my girlfriend!” he yelled at the nurse.

“Sir, either calm down or I’m going to call security,” the nurse said haughtily.

Nathalie pulled Brian aside.

“She’s being examined. They’ll let us know when she’s fine,” she said.

“I’m going to kill the fuckers who did this to her! I’m going to shred them to pieces!” It was a promise, Nathalie could tell.