Three Cheers For The Jet Set Life

This is What Happened

The Day Before...Dakota’s POV

Having made my mind up that I was indeed going back to Jersey I was starting to get really excited. The man I loved was back there and well I hoped in my heart that he wanted me back as much as I wanted him.

Telling Kansas was going to be a different story we had grown to have a solid friendship, she understood that I never wanted to talk about my past.

Which I appreciated, it was not something that at the time I felt I was able to talk about and she had become my friend no questions asked. Well now was the time to tell her I leaving her to go and claim my man, after all the crap and depression I had put myself through.

Finally I had come to my senses, I deserved happiness and that was going to be with Gerard if he still wanted me.

My fingers, toes, everything were crossed hoping he would forgive and take me back for all the heartbreak I was sure I had caused him over this time...there was a niggling feeling in the back of my mind that maybe he had already gotten over me, but that was easily pushed away with the excitement that coursed through my body.

This for me was going to be a long drive, it was gonna take at least 24hours but I was ready. My stuff had been packed, what I was going to leave was a lot of my possessions that I had occurred over the last five months besides my clothes and vast CD collection I had gathered to drown out the moments when I was down and out.

My little blue pills were still coming, at the moment I still felt dependant on them, they were after all my HAPPY pills, downing out all the sorrow I had built up inside. As my bags were now packed I was now just waiting for Kansas to arrive, so that I could say one final good bye to her, it was going to be a sad moment, but as they said time would still move forward.

Not having to wait long there was a loud knock at my door, pacing quickly I answered. There was Kansas full of smiles as she lunged at me with her arms wrapped tightly around my body, finally after letting out a giggle she let me go and walked in.

Automatically I could tell she knew something was up as she had spotted my bags that were packed.

“Are you going on a road trip?” Kansas asked.

“Um kind of...that’s why I called you to come here.” I replied.

“Oooo am I coming too?”

“Ahh...not really...um the reason you can see my stuff is well cause um...I’m going back home.”

“GOING HOME? This is your home.” Kansas giggled.

“No back to my real home...back to Jersey.”

“Your from Jersey, awesome!.”

“Kansas, I called you here to say goodbye well cause I’m not coming back.”

“Not coming back...your leaving me?” Kansas asked as I could see her eyes droop with sadness.

“It’s time for me to go, I have family and friends there that I had run away from and there’s one person there I love soo much I need him back in my life.”

Taking in a breathe she sighed as she tried to come to terms with what I was telling her, it slowly seem to sink in when I notice the tears drip from her face, this made me cringe I hadn’t wanted to upset if anything, I thought she was going to be ok with it.
But this was making me feel sad.

“I don’t want you to go.” She mumbled.

Standing there I wasn’t sure what to say, I couldn’t just stay because she wanted me to, I had a plan and well that involved me having to go back to Jersey.

Looking up at me with sad eyes, she wiped the tears from her eyes as I handed her a tissue she started to speak again.

“Can I come too?”

Looking at her I knew what she was asking and I loved having our friendship, but having there..what would she do?

“Kansas if you want to, well then ok.” I replied as a smile spread across my face.
Jumping up and down, I could tell she was excited.

“Oh hell...I need clothes.”

After grabbing my bags and handing my keys in to the landlord, it was time finally to get on the road back to Jersey.

Having driven to Kansas’s place where she grabbed her belongings which actually didn’t seem to be much at all, we were finally on our way, this drive was going to be long one, but with taking turns, hopefully we would be back in Jersey before we knew it.

Hitting the interstate, the drive seemed to last forever, the only stops we had were limited pit stops to fill up the car and grab a quick bite to eat.

I was becoming very eager to get back to Jersey and Kansas wasn’t making it any easier with the ‘are we there yets’ I wanted to seriously mental slap her.
Pulling over and Kansas now behind the wheel, I started to nod of in the passenger seat to the beautiful music of MCR, listening to teenagers scare the living shit out of me.

Boy was Kansas going to be surprised when she knew the true reason as to why I was going back to Jersey.

******Time Laspe******

Being awoken by Kansas who was still listening to MCR only now what was on the CD was blood blood gallons of the stuff I turned to face her and as she smiled I realised I was back in Jersey.

“We are here.” she softly spoke as I rubbed my eyes trying to fully wake up/

Excitement continued to take over as I gave Kansas directions to the nearest hotel from Gerard’s place...before I had actually made plans, I’d been able to ring RIOT SQUAD pretending I was delivering a parcel and they had happily given over his address. Which was a bonus for me.

By now it was well after 10pm but I didn’t care I was going straight there, I needed to. I just hoped he was home.

Having booked the hotel, the first thing Kansas done was jump on the bed before finally zonking it, I could tell she’d been tired but it actually seemed she’d been exhausted from the long trip.
Well now was my time, quickly I freshened myself up and made sure I smelt good.

Heading out the door and being a native of Jersey, I knew I wasn’t going to get lost even if I had been away for a while.
As I started the car and headed over to Gerard’s apartment, butterflies were rustling in my stomach as my nerves took over, I was overwhelmed with fear that I’d be rejected.

But I had to at least expect it, but at the same time still be positive.
Having parked my car and getting out, it certainly was a chilly night. Looking at the security gate, I knew I wouldn’t be able to get in so rather I decided to climb over, which wasn’t a pretty sight especially when my ass was sticking out.

Finally my feet touched the ground as I started to walk to the apartment stairs, walking up I was stuck with fear as I stood outside his door, this was worse then I thought it was gonna be. But FUCK I was here now so why not just knock.

Slightly tapping on the door, I knew it wasn’t loud, so rather with my cold knuckles, I banged a little harder. Waiting for ever there was no answer, pressing my ear to the door. I couldn’t even hear any movement. Great I thought to myself, I’d driven all this way and he wasn’t there.

Walking away was hard but it had to be done, I’d just have to come back...or even wait. Maybe he had gone out, it couldn’t kill me if I waited a little bit.

So plonking my butt on the concrete stairs I decided to wait...and waiting I did, as I glanced at my watch I could see that only 20 minutes had passed but boy it seemed like more.

Thinking of nothing but Gerard...my mind was else where when I heard the sound of a metal door opening and closing. As there was a shadow before me, instantly I recognised who it was.

Standing up I walked over, I knew he had recognised me as he stood in the darkness.
Finally close enough I spoke.

“Hi Gerard.” I whispered which I knew all of a sudden had registered with him that it was indeed me.

“Dakota?” he replied.

“Yeh it’s me.” I answered.

“You’re here?” he asked.

“I’m back...I’m so sorry.” came my reply.

Before I knew what was happening his arms were around me, as our lips collided together and the passion we had for one another took over.

“It’s really you.” he whispered as our lips finally parted.

“Yeh it is.” was all I could say.

“Do you wanna come in?” he asked nervously

“I’d like that please.”

As he held my hand he led me up the stairs that I had no so long ago walked down and as we stood outside his apartment, he fumbled with his keys.

“I cant believe you’re here.” was his soft voice.

Saying nothing I waited to be led inside before I gave Gerard the full explanation he deserved.
♠ ♠ ♠
well i wanted to put this in Dakota's POV so you could get a feel of the time that was missing and what she went through. Hope you like, please comment! :-)