Three Cheers For The Jet Set Life

The Color Red

Having spent most of the night up, I’d come to no conclusions...what to do, or what to think of what Gerard had done. I just wanted him to realise that it was over, I wasn’t in love with him...or so I think. Yes I did care for him but what he had done had made it now harder to trust him.

I just wanted him out of my life, why did things always have to be so hard, it was making me want to go to California where I could escape him forever, just for him to be a distant memory.

Looking at my hair I was pleasantly surprised by the change that had been made, it was very vibrant in colour but then again I guess that was gonna happen when I used the colour red.

Shifting in the mirror I had no idea what the day held but sure hoped it was a good one, I was willing to forgive and forget what had happened last night in order to move on with my life, it still stung at what the girls had done, but hey what could I do about it. In the end I knew I had to be the bigger person in order to over come this.

I knew I’d never leave this band, it was my life. Like Gerard had said about his band, my band had saved my life and for that I was always going to be eternally grateful, regardless if the girls had gone behind my back and caused me pain for no reason. It was time to move forward yet again.

Out of my room no one was awake which was nice but what to do that I didn’t know, I was thinking about going to see my mother, but then again I really wasn’t in the mood to hear every couple of seconds are you ok? At first I was ok with it but now I was totally over it.

Hearing the phone I bolted to answer it and was quite surprised to hear Brian’s voice on the other end, not wanting to mention what had happened last night I waited to see what he wanted.

“Hi Brian it’s Dakota.”

“Hey Dakota...I have great news, are all the girls there with you?”

“I can get them.” I replied.

“Ok great, do you have a loud speaker.”

“Sure do...I’ll be a minute and just get them.”

After having learnt my lesson from walking in Coco’s room and seeing Frank’s junk in his trunk. I knocked loudly on her door and screamed.

“Brian is on the phone, get the fuck up.” Doing the same for Jay and Mac, I waited for them, none of them having seen my hair yet. When they walked in to the lounge area there were 2 wide mouth’s opened but nothing came out.

Rather I said nothing an placed the phone on to loud speaker.

“Hi girls” Brian yelled with a cheery voice.

The girls acknowledge his welcome and waited like I to hear what he had to say.

“Ok well I have great news, the other band I manage need an opening act and well I thought the experience for you four is just what you needed. The band is My Chemical Romance. So girls get packing as in three day’s you go on tour. Your former label have given me your passports and all information. Everything has been booked, however I have scheduled a meeting for you and MCR before we go, it will be the basic itinery. Everyone understand and happy?”

Coco smile said it all. “Oh my god...Brian thank you so much.”

“Yeh Thanks Brian.” Jay and Mac replied in unison.

“Thank’s Brian.” I replied trying to sound enthusiastic, but knowing the girls knew it was fake.

“Ok I’ll see you guys tomorrow for the meeting. Be good and bye.” Brian said as he hung up.

I knew the girls were waiting once the phone had hung up for me to blow up, but I needed to be calm and collected as I was now thinking everyone should die. Yes I knew it was the worst thought to think but I couldn’t help myself...for the next month or so I was going to see Gerard and that was the last thing I wanted.

Nothing seemed to be going my way of late which totally sucked...Why was karma turning on me, what had I done, I’d paid my dues gone through hell for it. And all I wanted now was some peace, not to lead Gerard on in thinking he had a chance, for me there was still nothing there.

Argh...I thought as I left the lounge while the girls sat there stunned, more then likely I had confused them by not kicking up a stink. This predicament I knew I wouldn’t be able to get of, contracts had been signed and this was just something I needed to learn to deal with.

I was just praying tomorrow would go quick because being in the same room as Gerard was going to drive me insane especially when I knew he was still in love with me, and knowing him he would try everything to win me back.

I didn’t want hearts to be broken again, but if needed I would. As callous as it sounded it was life and he would just have to deal with it whether he liked it or not.

Gerard’s POV

Brian had called not to long ago to tell me that the meeting was certainly going ahead, that Dakota had been pretty mellow when being told she was going on tour with us.

It started to get me to think that maybe she was realising her feelings for me again. Because having seen Dakota yesterday full of fury, I was sure she hated me. But this seemed different, maybe I really did have a chance, well I hoped I did.

And seeing her tomorrow I was going to start, having her on tour I’d see her everyday, in Europe we’d be on the same flight’s and hotels as Landslide would be the opening act for us. Life for me seemed to have picked up.

Only tomorrow was going to tell me what I needed I just hoped she felt the same, she had to...what we’d had was love...or so I thought.