My Chemically Avenged Romance

Trying To Escape The Inevitable.

-Two Days Later-

“Matt! Why are we still driving around?” I complained from the passenger side of his car.

“Because I’m gonna find Iero and I’m gonna kill him.” Matt growled and gripped the steering wheel even tighter then he had already been.

“Matt, we tried everywhere he would normally be and I-” Matt turned up the radio and drowned me out.

“Ass” I muttered and then something the DJ said peaked my interest.

“You’re listening to Radio New Jersey, your home for the newest in New Jersey rock… We’re here with Pencey Prep, they’re here promoting their debut album, Heartbreak In Stereo, so Frank, are you guys gonna give us a sampling off the album?”

I saw Matt’s eyes bulge out of his skull and I gasped.

“Uh, yeah, we’re gonna do a song called “Trying To Escape The Inevitable” off the album.” I heard Frankie’s voice come out of the radio.

“Do you care to tell us what’s the song about?” the DJ asked.

“Sure, it’s about my ex-girlfriend… she, uh, told some lies and it all blew up in her face, so…” and now Matt was cursing at the radio.

“You little prick! You wrote ANOTHER song about my sister?! I’m gonna fucking kill you!”

“Matty, you know he can’t hear you, right?”

“Sam, don’t start with the smart ass stuff” Matt had the scariest glare on his face and I shut up right away.

“Ok, well let’s hear it. Ladies and gentlemen… Pencey Prep…”

I heard the guitar begin playing and felt my heart stand still as Frankie began singing, but mostly out fear for what Matt was going to do to him.

“I have this reoccurring dream, you make it hard for me to breathe, I gave you everything I could, I gave up everything I owned, and when you smile it’s not for me, you offer little sympathy, your grasp far exceeds your reach, I wake up, this is not a dream”

I looked at Matt and saw how red his face was,

“Matty, breathe…”

He just nodded.

“I almost can’t believe you’re the same person who can, straight-faced with a smile, tell me that you love me”

I was just staring at the radio, this song hurt more than the last one did.

“Crawl, but I don’t get far, I know should run, but I just keep running back, I know I should run, I know I should… I know I should”

Honestly, I was surprised Matt hadn’t crashed the car at this point. Then I realized he had pulled over.

“I have this reoccurring dream, where you admit that you’re not happy, I know you’ll never leave, you’re just here to torture me”

My heart was beating really fast and I think I started sweating. Matt was infuriated.

“I almost can’t believe you’re the same person that can, straight faced… I know I should run, I know I should run, I know I should, I know I should… Tell me you love me.”

Matt either wasn’t speaking or he couldn’t speak at all.

“I have a new dream, and everything is perfect, the sky is pink, yellow, green, blue, and orange, and all the past has been forgotten, and we fell in love, and we fell in love, and we fell in love, and I fell into your trap!”

I was trying, and failing, to hide the fact that I was crying from Matt. His anger only increased when he saw how hurt I was.

“I almost can’t believe you’re the same person that can, straight faced… I know I should run, I know I should run, I know I should, I know I should, I know I should, I know I should…”

I just wanted this fucking song to be over…

“I don’t know how you don’t choke, on every lie you’ve ever told me, you kept me sick, you took it all, you kept me complacent, but not for long… run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run.” Frankie finished and Matt pulled the car back onto the road.

“I’m going to kill that little bastard!”

For the first time in my life, I was genuinely scared of my brother.

----------------------------------------------------

I knew I shouldn’t have hid in my brother’s car when he marched up to Frankie as he was coming out of the radio station. It was a really bad fucking idea on my part. I cracked the window just enough so I could hear what was being said.

“Yo Iero!” Matt yelled and I so badly wanted to stick my head up enough to see what was going on.

“Oh, hey Matt… guys this is Matt Sanders, he’s in Avenged Sevenfold.” I could hear the fear in Frankie’s voice from the car.

“Oh, you’re Sam’s brother!” One of the guys said, I couldn’t tell, but I think it was Shaun.

“Yeah… so, Iero, do you get off on writing fucking songs about my fucking sister?! Do you like making her fucking cry?” Matt was getting into his rage… Frankie didn’t know to cut him off before he got really angry, like I did.

“I, I don’t-”

“Don’t say a fucking word! You are not to write another fucking word about my sister! You stay the fuck away from her and if she tells me you even attempted to fucking contact her in any way I will fucking kill you! You got me?” Matt was officially raging.

I think Frankie just nodded.

“Good, oh and one more thing…” And then I heard everyone gasp and Frankie yell in pain. The next thing I knew Matt had gotten back into the car with bloody knuckles.

“You didn’t have to hit him,” I whispered.

“I could’ve done a lot worse…” Matt muttered as he started the car.

He pulled away and I finally sat back up.

“How hard did you hit him?”

“Let’s just say, he won’t be running his mouth for a while…” Matt chuckled.

“You know, you’re really scary when you’re angry…” I mumbled.

Every single one of Matt’s features softened.

“I won’t hurt you, you know that…”

“I know” I sighed and Matt just smiled lightly at me.

We drove in silence the rest of the way home. Once we arrived there I saw Zack, Brian, Jimmy, Val, Stacie, Matt and Jason Berry (The newest additions to the Avenged Sevenfold family) and Johnny standing in the driveway.

“Shit, we’re late.” Matt groaned and parked the car. I, on the other hand, bolted out of the car and ran straight to Zack.

“Zacky!” I sighed and wrapped my arms around his waist.

“Hey gorgeous… where were you guys?” Zack laughed and kissed the top of my head.

“I had to take care of some business…” Matt muttered, and Zack looked at me, confused.

“He punched Frank in the jaw… Now you two have more in common!” I half smiled.

Zack just laughed and kissed me.

“Sammy, are you all packed up?” Stacie asked, with Brian, burying his face in her hair.

“Uh, yeah I just have to go upstairs and get my shit… uh Zack-” Jimmy cut me off.

“No! We’re already late and we all know what happens when you and Zack are near a bed…”

“Whore” Stacie fake coughed and I flipped her off. She laughed and skipped over to me, “I’ll go with you Sammy Boo”

I pretended to groan, but then linked arms with her and skipped towards my house.

“So why did your brother punch Frank?” Stacie asked me once we where inside my house.

“Because he wrote another fucking song about me and this time Matt heard it and drove until we found him, then he got out of the car and raged at him and then punched him in the jaw” I explained.

“Oh… wow.” Stacie said and we walked up the stairs and into my bedroom.

I grabbed my bags and noticed Stacie laughing at a picture on my dresser mirror.

“When was this?” She asked and handed the picture to me.

It was Matt and I on Halloween when we where seven. I was Minnie Mouse and Matt was Mickey.

“Halloween when Matt and I were seven. My mother was on a Disney kick… and I love this picture. Every single house we went to gave us extra candy because a) we where twins and b) we had matchy costumes” I laughed and put the picture back on my mirror and Stacie laughed and grabbed my other bag.

“Too cute.”

I giggled and we ventured out of my house and back to the boys. When we reached them, I threw my bag at Brian and Stacie did the same with my other bag, then turned to Matt.

“Matthew, I shall refer to you as Mickey from now on.”

Matt’s eyes widened and he glared at me,

“You showed her the picture!?”

“No, she found it and will you get over it… we where seven” I rolled my eyes and Zack came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“I’m confused.” Zack said.

“Good!” Matt yelled and stormed on the bus with Stacie following him, singing.

“Oh Mickey, you’re so fine, you’re so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey!”

“Brian! Do something! She’s your girlfriend!” I heard Matt yell.

Brian smirked and started towards the bus… singing.

“Oh Mickey, you’re so fine, you’re so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey!”

I laughed and rolled my eyes again, then turned my head just enough so I could see Zack.

“I’ll explain it to you later”

“Ok” He laughed, kissed my neck and then let go of me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the bus with him.

The next week was going to be fantastical.
♠ ♠ ♠
Before I begin my author’s note… STACIE AND I ARE GOING TO SEE AVENGED SEVENFOLD ON JANUARY 22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We’re both so fucking pumped!! We’re gonna see Zaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!

Now the author’s note: I found “Trying to Escape the Inevitable” a few days after I wrote the “Ten Rings” chapter and I kicked myself in the ass… so I had to use the song in something… so there it was!! Oh and to clear up, the guys had like a three day break in touring, so that’s why they’re in Jersey in this chapter. Oh! And the “Oh Mickey” idea was all Stacie… she now gives me like forty eight thousand ideas on the phone every night!

Twinsy Boo- You got to call me a whore again... WHOOT!