My Chemically Avenged Romance

Happy Birthday Aiden!

-April 9, 2006-

-Aiden’s First Birthday-

I was sitting in the living room, bored out of my mind. The TV was doing little to entertain me and I sighed. Stacie was outside with Brian while he smoked a cigarette and Matt and Val were upstairs doing God knows what.

“Samantha!” Zack yelled my name from the kitchen.

“What?!” I yelled back and Zack stayed silent. I assumed that he wanted me to come into the kitchen. I rolled eyes and walked into the kitchen. “What?”

“Aiden, go see Auntie Stacie, okay?” Zack said and Aiden giggled and nodded.

“Otay Dada!” He bounded out of the kitchen and Zack just stared at me.

“What can I do for you, Zachary?” I asked and Zack stayed silent and continued to just stare at me. “Zack?”

He got closer to me. He got closer and closer until I felt his breath on my face. He brought his hand up to my face and cupped my cheek.

“Zacky, what are you doing?” I whispered.

“Shh…” Zack whispered. I opened my mouth to protest and Zack cut me off with his lips.

I melted into the kiss and I felt my senses shut down. Before I knew what I was doing, I was kissing him back with as much passion and love as I used to. Zack smiled against my lips and then pushed me up against the wall, not breaking the kiss even once. I felt Zack’s hands go up my shirt and I froze then pulled away from him.

“Z-Z-Zack, n-no… I ca-can’t! I ca-can’t hu-hurt Q-Q-Quinn!” I stuttered.

“He doesn’t need to know, Sammy.” Zack whispered and moved his lips to my neck.

“Z-Zack.” I barely managed to say.

“Sammy… I love you… please… I need you!” Zack whispered in my ear.

I didn’t say anything and Zack just smiled and put his lips back on my neck. He kissed it and bit it for a few minutes until I started tugging on his shirt. He stopped kissing my neck and I responded by pulling off his shirt. Zack rid both of us of our clothing and he laid me down on the kitchen floor. He kissed all down my body and just as he was about to enter me, Stacie walked in.

“Sammy! Sammy! Sammy wake up!”

Why the fuck was she telling me to wake up? Shit… was I dreaming?

“Samantha Marie Sanders wake up! You’re missing your son’s first birthday!”

Oh fuck! I opened my eyes and groaned. I had been dreaming. Stacie looked at me and sighed.

“It’s about time! Aiden’s waiting for his mommy… and you were moaning Zack’s name…”

“Oh… was I?” I asked, slightly blushing.

“Yep. Were you dreaming about him?”

“Y-Y-Yeah…” I stuttered.

“What kind of dream was it?” Stacie asked and I blushed again.

“A sex dream…” I muttered, looking down at my hands.

“I knew you still wanted him.” Stacie laughed, “Now come on, get dressed and come celebrate your child’s birthday!”

I laughed softly and got out of bed. Stacie left the room and I stripped out of my pajamas. I grabbed one of the Vengeance University shirts Zack had given me. I pulled it on and paired it with some ripped up black skinny jeans and boots. I put on some mascara, eyeliner, and made my eye shadow smokey. I put my hair in a poof and then pulled it up. I looked in the mirror and shrugged my shoulders… It would do. I walked out of my room and then down the stairs. The sight I was greeted with was one of the cutest things I had ever seen in my entire life. Zack and Aiden were throwing bows at each other… and they both had bows on their heads.

“Nice hats.” I giggled and Zack looked up at me.

“Thanks, nice shirt!”

I posed in it, and then scooped Aiden up in my arms. He giggled and I gave him a kiss.

“Happy Birthday handsome one-year-old boy!” I smiled and Aiden giggled again.

Zack stood up and looked at Aiden and then looked at me.

“Can you believe our son is one today? He’s one-year-old today!” Zack smiled.

“I know… one year ago today I was pushing a baby out of my vagina!” I said and Zack laughed. “You laugh, but you have no idea how bad labor hurts!”

Zack smiled and kissed my cheek and I felt chills run down my spine.

“I’m sorry I put you through all that pain, Sammy.”

I blushed and smiled at him.

“Eh, no big deal. I’m just glad he’s here… I don’t know what I’d do without him now… I love him to pieces!”

“I love him too… he’s my world.” Zack smiled and this time I kissed his cheek. He smiled at me and then Stacie and Bri walked into the living room, presents in hand.

“So since he’s only one, we figured we’d keep it simple. So both of you guys’s parents are here. Sammy, Lexi and Mattie are here and Zack, Zina and Gianna are here too. Jimmy, Leana, Johnny and Lacey are all on their way. Oh! Matt and Val got him a cake and some ice cream… so everything is all set for Aiden’s big day!” Stacie explained and then took Aiden from me. “You’re both wearing Zack’s stupid clothing line? Really Sammy? Really?!”

“Aiden’s wearing VU too?” I asked, looking at my son.

“Yeah… look it even says “Mini Vengeance” on the back! Aw! It’s custom… how cute!” Stacie laughed and I rolled my eyes. Of course Zack would do something like that.

“Zack’s such a dweeb…” I laughed and we both watched as Zack and Brian put up Aiden’s birthday party decorations. They were crooked, but it kinda made them seem perfect.

“Sammy!”

“Jimmy!”

I ran over to Jimmy and he hugged me as tightly as he could.

“Happy day you gave birth!” Jimmy smiled and I rolled my eyes.

“Thanks…”

“Now Godwife…” Jimmy said, looking at Stacie, “Give me our Godson! Please and thank you!”

Stacie growled and held Aiden closer to her chest before finally handing him over to Jimmy. Aiden giggled.

“Hi Unca Immy!”

“Hi Aiden Bear!” Jimmy smiled and Aiden wrapped his little arms around Jimmy’s neck and squeezed as tightly as he could.

“It my irfay!” Aiden smiled and Jimmy kissed his cheek.

“I know it is buddy!”

Aiden giggled again. Matt and Val walked in the room and Aiden demanded to be put down. Jimmy made him say please before he put him down. Once he did and Aiden was on the floor, Aiden ran to Matt.

“Unca Att! Unca Att!”

“Uncle Aiden! Uncle Aiden!” Matt smiled and scooped Aiden up in his arms causing Aiden to giggle.

“I no you unca!”

“I know, kiddo! I was only playing around…” Matt smiled.

He began to play with Aiden and my mother walked over to me with a fake smile plastered on his face.

“So, honey, can you believe Aiden is already a year-old?” She asked.

“Not at all. It feels like yesterday that he was born.” I sighed.

“I know what you mean… I still can’t believe that you and Matthew are twenty-five years old!” She smiled. “I still remember the day you two were born!”

I smiled and then thought about how Aiden would be twenty-five someday.

“Anyway, I have two big announcements to tell you, Samantha!” My mother smiled at me.

“And they are?”

“One, we’re giving the house to Kelly and Tony.”

“What?! Where are you guys going to live? What about me, Matt and Lexi’s things?” I wasn’t exactly surprised. I knew Kelly would eventually get the house, but I didn’t think it would be this soon.

“Relax! We aren’t moving until next year… so you three can come back to Jersey at some point and take whatever you want out of your bedrooms.” My mother explained.

“Okay… but where are you moving to?” I asked.

“Here’s the second big announcement… we’re moving to California!”

My stomach dropped. Fuck. My. Life.

“Where in California?” I asked trying to sound excited.

“Right here in Huntington Beach!”

Fuck!

“Wow! That’s fantastic! Um, oh Aiden wants to open his presents now… so…” I trailed off and walked over to the couch where Jimmy was bouncing Aiden on his lap. I sat down next to Jimmy and put my head on his shoulder. “Jimmy… my life is ruined…”

“How so love?” Jimmy asked, still bouncing Aiden on his lap.

“My parents are moving here next year…” I sighed.

“Bah! That sucks! You moved here to escape your mother and now she’s moving here too?!” Jimmy said, mirroring the outrage I felt.

“I know! It’s fucking crazy!” I groaned and Jimmy kissed the top of my head.

“I know how to cheer you up!” Jimmy smiled.

“Oh yeah? How?” I asked and lifted my head up.

“Present time!” Jimmy yelled and Aiden clapped.

Everyone walked into the living room and Zack came over first.

“Daddy gets to go first!”

Zack ran out of the room and then came back five minutes later with a pet carrier.

“Zachary, what is that?” I asked and eyed the carrier.

“You’ll see… Happy Birthday baby boy!” Zack said. He put the carrier down on the floor and opened it. Out ran the cutest black puppy I had ever seen in my life.

“Puppy!” Aiden squealed and clapped his hands.

“Zack! Oh my God! He’s so fucking cute!” I smiled and picked the puppy up. It licked my face and I smiled again.

“He’s for you and Aiden… and he kinda already has a name…” Zack half smiled.

“Oh lord… what’s his name?”

“Ichabod Crane Vengeance.” Zack smiled and I rolled my eyes.

“Well hello Ichabod! You are just about the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life!” I smiled and Ichabod let out a tiny little bark and my heart melted.

“We can call him Icky!” Stacie laughed and began to pet him. Icky curled up on my lap and fell asleep and I fell even more in love with him.

Aiden got up off Jimmy’s laugh and hugged Zack.

“Fank you Dada!”

“You’re very welcome, buddy!” Zack smiled and kissed Aiden’s forehead.

Aiden returned to Jimmy’s lap to continue opening presents. He opened Bri and Stacie’s gift next. They bought him an Angels jersey that said “Mini Vengeance” on the back. Aiden had me take his VU shirt off and put his new jersey on instead. Next he opened Matt and Val’s present, they got him the entire cast of Seasame Street’s dolls… at least it seemed. Next was Lexi and Mattie, they gave him a bunch of Angels themed toys and Zack was thrilled. Next was my parents, they got him a college fund… and that seemed to really piss Zack off… I’d deal with that later. Zina and Gianna were next. They got Aiden a bunch of really cute outfits, which I appreciated, because Aiden went through clothes like no ones business. Then Zack’s parents handed Aiden their gift. They gave Aiden Zack’s old blankie and I absolutely loved that… once Maria assured me that she had washed it four times. Johnny and Lacey got Aiden a super epic remote controlled truck, which Zack immediately started to play with. Finally it was Jimmy’s turn. He gave Aiden a big bag. It was full of paper, but at the bottom… was a stuffed duck. It was Aiden’s favorite gift. He pulled it out of the bag so fast that I barely even saw what it was. He hugged it tightly and smiled wide.

“Ducky! Ducky!”

I smiled at my son and his new ducky. I felt all eyes on me and I looked up at everyone.

“I’ll give him my present later… he’s all about that duck right now.” I smiled and everyone just nodded.

“Cake time!” Val announced and Zack and I went into the kitchen. Aiden’s cake was in the shape of the Angels “A” logo and I rolled my eyes. There was a number one shaped candle already on it and Zack took out his lighter and lit it. Once it was lit he turned to me and smiled.

“Ready?”

I nodded and we walked out to the dining room with Aiden’s cake. Matt was videotaping, as he had been since Aiden started opening presents. We all started to sing,

“Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Aiden, Happy Birthday to you!”

Stacie and Jimmy helped Aiden blow out his candle. Everybody ate cake… and Aiden tried to eat his… but instead it ended up all over his face and special birthday boy bib.

-----------------------------------

“Aid, did you have fun on your first birthday?” I asked as I tucked him into bed.

“Yeah!” He giggled.

“Wanna see what mommy got you?” Zack asked him.

Aiden nodded and I pointed to the frame on the table next to Aiden’s crib.

“It’s a picture of you and Mommy and Daddy!” I smiled.

“Pretty!” Aiden smiled and then yawned.

“Okay buddy, get some sleep! We love you!” Zack smiled and kissed his forehead.

“Happy Birthday Aiden Anthony!” I smiled and put the ducky Jimmy had given him and Zack’s old blankie in the crib with him and then kissed his forehead. I laughed as Icky jumped onto Aiden's bed and curled up at the foot of it.

It didn’t take long for Aiden to fall asleep. I smiled at him one more time before I closed the door of his bedroom, but leaving it slightly open so Icky could get out.

My baby boy was officially growing up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long!!! I hope the length of it makes up for my absence!!!