My Chemically Avenged Romance

Happy New Year!

-December 31, 2006-

"Why are we going to this cabin? Of all the fucking cabins in New Jersey, you guys pick this one?!" I complained as we all walked up to the cabin.

The guys wanted to surprise us by taking us to cabin to ring in the new year. Sounds like fun right? Well it would've been... if the cabin they took us to wasn't the same fucking cabin Zack and I spent our anniversary in back in 2001. I remember this because a few months later, I was sitting in my bedroom, crying my heart out and only listening to sad Madonna songs.

"It was the only one available!" Matt sighed, "Just go inside."

I glared at him and walked towards the cabin. The owners must've renovated it since the last time I was here. I opened the door and the memory flooded me. I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath. This was going to suck. I walked all the way inside and looked over at the fireplace and my heart sank. Fucking Matt.

"So there's uhm... four bedrooms. So Johnny and Jimmy... you're sharing. Val's with me, Stacie's with Brian and whatsherface is with Zack." Matt said and I looked at him.

"And what about me?" I asked and he looked at me.

"Shit..." Matt sighed.

"I'll take the couch..." I muttered and I saw Jimmy frown.

"No. Johnny's on the couch. That's not fair to you... you're sharing with me." Jimmy said and took my bag from me and brought it up to one of the rooms.

I sighed and looked over at Zack. He was staring at the fireplace with a sad look on his face. I frowned and walked over to him.

"I had nothing to do with the selection of the cabin... I actually fought them about coming here..." Zack muttered and I just nodded.

"It's fine Zack. Anywhere we go in Jersey is going to be full of memories of us anyways."

"We drove past the diner we had our first date in..." Zack whispered and I smiled. I had wondered if he remembered it.

"I know." I laughed softly. "I remember it like it was yesterday."

------------------

-Flashback-

"Stop fidgeting!" Stacie snapped as she finished my hair for me. "It's just a date."

"Yeah... my first date! Ever! With Zack!" I groaned and Stacie rolled her eyes.

"You're building it all up in your head. It's going to be fine!"

I stood up and walked over to my bed and sat down. I tied my converse up and then wrapped my scarf around my neck. I stood up and Stacie walked over to me and undid one of the buttons on my black and white plaid shirt.

"What are you doing?" I asked and she smiled at me.

"Giving Zacky a little show." Stacie said and I rolled my eyes.

"Just because you and Matt do that stuff doesn't mean I'm going to."

Stacie laughed, handing me my Misfits bag and pushed me out of my bedroom and then down the stairs. Once I reached the bottom step I saw Zack standing by the door and all of a sudden I was ten times more nervous than I had been five minutes ago. Zack smiled wide when he saw me and I blushed. He looked really handsome. He didn't dress up, but neither did I. He was just in jeans and his favorite Minnesota Twins shirt.

"You look beautiful." Zack blushed and I tried to suppress the really girlie giggle that was threatening to leave my mouth.

"Thank you... you look really handsome." I smiled and Zack held out a rose. I smiled and took it.

"Alright, alright... have her home by seven." Matt growled and I shot him a look, "Fine, seven thirty."

"Matthew!" I said and then looked at Stacie, "Can you tell my dad I'll be home by ten?"

"Of course... have fun kids." Stacie said and pushed us out of the house.

I smiled at Zack and he led me to the cab he had taken to my house.

"Sorry it's not like a limo or anything..." Zack blushed and I kissed his cheek.

"It's perfect."

Zack smiled widely and opened the door for me and I slid in.

We spent the majority of the cab ride just looking at each other and smiling. I was starting to calm down, but I couldn't seem to get rid of the butterflies in my stomach. Ten minutes later we were at my most favorite diner in all of New Jersey. Zack got out and I paid the cabbie before Zack could protest.

"You're buying dinner, so I'm buying our transportation." I smiled as I got out of the cab.

Zack opened his mouth to protest and I gave him a look. He shut his mouth quickly and led the way into the diner. I smiled to myself and followed him. We sat down at an empty booth and Zack handed me a menu. I looked at it and quickly decided on a simple cheeseburger. The waitress came over and smiled at us.

"Well aren't you two are the cutest things I've ever seen!" Zack and I smiled at her and then she continued speaking, "What can I get you two?"

Zack looked at me and smiled,

"Ladies first."

I giggled and looked at the waitress.

"I'll have a cheeseburger and a root beer please."

The waitress wrote it down on her pad of paper and then turned to Zack.

"What'll it be handsome?" She smiled and Zack blushed slightly. He was so fucking cute!

"I'll have the same."

The waitress smiled widely and wrote down Zack's order.

"I'll have that right out for you two."

We nodded and she left.

"So... is there anything you haven't told me about yourself yet? I mean we've spent hours on the phone together..." Zack smiled and I blushed a bit.

"Uhm... My favorite color?" I smiled.

"No idea." Zack smirked.

"Purple." I giggled, "What's yours?"

"Green." Zack said simply.

"Like your eyes." I said, almost breathlessly. Those eyes were captivating and stunningly beautiful.

"Yeah... like my eyes." He blushed and I thought that I fell even more in love with him.

"Favorite... hmm... Movie?" I asked and Zack smiled.

"Don't really have one... what about you?"

"Easy. Grease." I smiled and he groaned.

"Really?!"

"Yeah, what's wrong with Grease?" I asked with a small smirk on my face.

"My sister has forced me to watch that movie so many times, that I completely despise it!" Zack sighed and I laughed.

"Well now I'm gonna force you to watch it with me... so prepare yourself!" I giggled and he smiled at me.

"I'd probably enjoy it if I watched it with you." He blushed slightly.

"That was really cheesy." I giggled.

"Yeah I know..." Zack laughed and nodded his head.

We spent the next few minutes just talking about completely random things and the waitress came over with our food.

"Here you go kids!" She said and put the plates in front of us.

"Thank you." Zack and I both smiled and then she left us to eat.

We ate in silence, but it wasn't an awkward silence. I was so comfortable around him, it was amazing. Zack and I kept looking at each other and smiling. It was all very cute. After we finished eating, the waitress brought the check over and Zack paid it. He slid out of the booth and held his hand out for me. I took it and slid out of the booth. We got outside and I walked over to the pay phone and called another cab. We stood outside of the diner and waited for the cab. It was a little chilly and I shivered a bit. Zack noticed and took off his sweatshirt and handed it to me.

"Thanks." I smiled and put it on.

"No problem" Zack smiled.

We stood there for a few more minutes and then the cab finally pulled up. Zack opened the door for me and I slid in. I looked at the time on the cab's dashboard clock and gasped. It was fifteen minutes of ten! I was going to be late! I gave the cabbie the address to my house and I told him to get there as fast as he could. Zack looked at me, clearly confused.

"I'm going to miss my curfew." I explained and he nodded at me.

The cabbie got to my house with six minutes to spare. Zack opened the door and got out of the cab first. I got out after and he walked me up to my door. Once we reached said door, we stood there and looked at each other for a moment before I spoke.

"I really had fun Zack." I smiled and he smiled back. His smiled stretching his face as wide as it could it seemed.

"I did too... So I'll see you at school tomorrow?" Zack asked and I smiled and nodded.

I looked at his lips and then before I knew what I was doing, I pressed mine against them. He kissed back and it was almost heavenly. It was our first kiss and it was perfect.


---------------------------

I had gone upstairs to get ready for the "party". I put on my tan Alexander McQueen dress, my tan heels and all my matchy accessories. Once I finished dressing and getting beautiful again, I walked down stairs and noticed that Zack was still staring at the fire place. I walked over to him and cleared my throat. He looked over at me and I swear his jaw dropped a bit.

"You look beautiful." Zack smiled.

I smiled at Zack quickly and then Matt announced that it was now time to drink. I looked at Zack again.

"Go drink, I'm gonna stay over here."

Zack nodded and walked over to the guys. I looked over and saw that Gena threw her arms around him when he walked back over and I sighed. I wanted her out of this fucking cabin... and I wanted her out now! I sighed and then looked at Stacie and Val. They looked cute! Stacie had a gray dress on and Val was wearing a black one. I looked at Gena again and an idea struck me. I walked over to Brian and whispered in his ear.

"Bri, do you have a pair of handcuffs with you?"

Brian looked at me and nodded.

"I'm gonna be needing them..." I whispered again and he frowned but went upstairs and minutes later came down with the handcuffs in his hand.

"Here!" He said, throwing them at me.

"Thanks Bri... you'll get them back!" I laughed and then hid them in my clutch bag.

I walked over to Gena and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and then glared at me.

"What do you want?" She asked, a tone of annoyance in her voice.

"I wanted to show you something. Follow me." I smiled and turned around and started towards the basement. Gena followed and I opened the basement door. I held it open for her and then followed her down the stairs. "It's over here."

I led her to a steel bike rack and then slipped one half of the handcuffs on her and then slipped the other on the bike rack as quickly as I could. The bike rack was bolted to the floor so Gena wasn't going anyway anytime soon.

"What did you do you bitch?!" Gena yelled and I just laughed.

"See you tomorrow!" I yelled as I walked up the stairs. I left the light on and then locked the basement door. I know it was kinda cruel, but it was only for the night.

I walked back over to the fire place and sat down on the rug. I had no idea why I was sitting here. It was only depressing me. I heard the count down start in the other room and then I was being dragged into the living room.

"Jimmy!" I protested and he just smiled and kept pulling me.

The countdown was on fifteen and I saw Zack looking for Gena. I smiled to myself and then the countdown was on ten. Jimmy's face was really close to mine and right as the clock was about to strike midnight, there was a pair of lips on mine. Only they weren't Jimmy's lips... unless Jimmy had gotten snakebites in the last ten seconds. I melted into the kiss and then Zack pulled away.

"Happy New Year."

Happy New Year indeed.