My Chemically Avenged Romance

I Used To Be Thankful For You.

-November 22, 2007-
-Thanksgiving-

"Icky! There's more stuffing on the floor for you!" I yelled, completely frustrated.

Why the hell did I agree to cook Thanksgiving dinner for both mine and Zack's families?! Oh that's right, because Zack asked me to. I groaned as I tried to stuff more stuffing inside of the turkey.

"Mommy, why you doin dat?" Aiden asked me. He was thoroughly enjoying my Thanksgiving dinner struggle.

"Because it's supposed to add flavor to the stuffing buddy." I sighed.

"Oh... I gonna go watch Spongebob now." Aiden smiled and walked into the living room.

I chuckled and put the turkey in the oven finally. Zack walked downstairs and kissed my cheek.

"Morning." He smiled.

"Morning." I smiled back and turned around to face him. I placed both of my hands on the sides of his face and kissed him. He kissed me back and I smiled to myself. This was an improvement. Over the duration of this month, he had been different. He was just... distant, and I hated it. Zack pulled away with a smile.

"Smells good in here."

I nodded.

"I've been working hard."

Zack laughed and walked to the fridge, that's when I noticed his outfit.

"Why are you dressed up already? No ones coming until four." I was still in sweats and one of Zack's t-shirts and he was in a button down shirt with dress pants.

"Oh, I'm gonna go hang out with one of my buddies." Zack answered with a smile.

"You're that dressed up to hang out with one of the guys?" I asked and he nodded. "Oh, well are you gonna be home for dinner?"

"Of course." He came over and kissed me quickly. "I'll be back later. I love you."

"Ok. I love you too Zack."

He smiled widely then made his way into the living room. I looked down at the squash and sighed. There was no improvement. Sometimes I thought he just said I love you to humor me, or to keep me around so he has someone to fuck. I sighed again as I heard the door close. Was it even worth it anymore?

---------------------
-A Few Hours Later-

"Baker's and Sanders... oh and Pacheco's dinner is ready!" I laughed and put the turkey down in the center of the table.

Everyone took their seat and I glanced at Zack's empty chair. I had a knife on the turkey, but I was shaking so badly that James put his arm on my shoulder and took over carving the turkey. I sat down and let a few tears roll down my cheeks. I can't believe him. He said he'd be here and he's not. James served up the turkey and I just pushed my food around with my fork. I heard the front door open and close and my head snapped over to the hallway. Zack was finally here.

"I'm so sorry I'm late! I got caught up and lost track of time." He said as he sat down across from me.

I looked at him with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry." He mouthed and I just shook my head and continued pushing my food around. I saw Maria glaring at Zack and I giggled. Leave it to Maria to make Zack feel like a dick when I just didn't have the energy to do it myself.

I watched, confused, as Zack took the smallest portions of food possible.

"Zack, why are you taking such little portions... you love Thanksgiving... because of the food."

"Oh... my stomach is a little upset. I don't want to push it." Zack smiled and I nodded.

He was such a liar.

I took a bite of each thing on my plate before standing up and walking into the kitchen. I heard footsteps behind me and once I reached the kitchen I turned around.

Zack was standing there with my plate.

"Don't start this up again Sammy. Please eat."

"I'm not hungry."

Zack sighed.

"I saw you pushing your food around and you had one bite of each thing. You're gonna make yourself sick again. You've been doing so good, you haven't done this shit since high school. Please eat!" Zack was pleading and I couldn't say no. I grabbed my fork and took two more bites of everything.

"Happy?" I asked and he just sighed. "Also, I don't believe your bullshit about your stomach."

"Sammy, please don't fight with me in front of our families."

"You know what Zack, our families wouldn't even be here if you hadn't asked me to fucking make Thanksgiving dinner and then leave the house in the morning and then come home an hour late with a stomach ache" I snapped.

"I said I was sorry!" Zack said.

"Sorry? I spent all day cooking for your family and you pull that shit?! Do you know how bad that hurt me Za-"

Zack's lips cut me off. My anger faded as I kissed him back.

"Stop. Please. I'm sorry. It will never happen again. I love you." Zack whispered once he pulled away.

"Okay." I sighed.

"I'll get dessert ready okay?" I nodded and Zack smiled and headed towards the fridge. I walked back out to the dining room with a smile on my face.

Maria and Zina both gave me a knowing look and I just smiled at them. I wasn't even sure if I had forgiven Zack, but I was just going to sit here and fucking smile.

Zack came out with the dessert tray and smiled at me. He picked up a cookie and held it out for me to bite. I chuckled and took the bite. Zack smiled and sat down across from me again.

After dessert the boys all ventured into the living room to watch football and the girls began the clean up.

"Aunt Sammy, you need to have a daughter so I'm not alone." Gianna said and I laughed.

"Uh... talk to your Uncle Zack about that one."

Gianna giggled and Maria walked over to me.

"Are you and my son okay?"

I nodded quickly.

"Sammy."

I sighed.

"I don't know. He's been off lately and I just feel like he's slipping away."

Maria pulled me to her and hugged me tightly.

"Then you need to find a reason to make him stay. Zack loves you. That's obvious. He loves you more than life itself. But his head is a mess still. You need to make him see what he stands to lose if he loses you again." Maria said and I saw Zina nodding behind her.

"You're right... you're absolutely right." I sighed.

Maria smiled and put the last dish in the dishwasher.

"James and I will take Aiden so you and Zack can have a night alone, okay?"

I smiled and hugged her.

"Thank you." I whispered in her ear and she nodded.

"Anything for you honey."

Zina and Maria finished the dishes and a few minutes later the only remaining guest in our house was Matt.

"Matt. Leave." I snapped.

"Why?" He asked, still looking at the TV.

"Because I said so. My house. Out. Please." I sighed.

"But Sammy..." He was pointing to the TV.

"Matt, you can watch it at your house. I want to be alone with Zack okay?"

Matt stood up, finally getting the hint, and hugged me.

"Okay, see you later." And with that, my brother left.

Once his car was out of the driveway I walked over and straddled Zack.

"Woah. Hello."

"Hi." I smirked and kissed his neck. Zack moaned and I felt his hands start to lift me up. Before I knew it, I was being carried upstairs. Zack kicked his bedroom door open and laid me down on the bed. He climbed on top of me and kissed my neck.

"You wanna know what I'm thankful for?" He asked in between kisses.

"Yes." I moaned out.

Zack moved his head so that he was looking into my eyes.

"You." He said, sincerity lacing his voice.

My heart fluttered and I kissed him with everything I had in my body.

I wasn't going to let him go... even though someone else had left a hickey on his neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
I
AM
SO
SORRY!!!!

I suck at updating and now I'm leaving for school on the 24th and I have no idea when I'll be able to update this again!!! I promise I will update again as soon as I can though <3