Status: Yay Finished! Go check out the sequel!

Finding Love

Two.

The morning came by much too quickly and Sidney stretched as he saw that the day was cloudy.

“Ariel, you have to get up for daycare,” Sidney pulled Ariel’s curly brown hair away from her forehead as she opened her amber eyes.

“What about pwactice?” She asked nervously.

“In the morning you’re going to school, and then you come watch me play, okay?” Sidney watched as his daughters face became slightly upset.

“I guess so,” she finally sighed, stretching her short arms so that Sidney could pick her up.

Twirling her around the house and onto the kitchen counter, where she occupied herself with a plastic toy left around.

“What would you like for breakfast?” Sidney opened the fridge, looking at the options, “Oatmeal or cereal?”

“Ice cream,” Ariel clapped.

Sidney shook his head, “Cereal it is.” After getting Ariel ready for daycare. He put her hair in pigtails and she was wearing jeans with a sweatshirt.

The walk to the building wasn’t that bad, and despite the frigid air, Sidney was glad to be out of the apartment. He easily recognized when he read the sign that said ‘Philly Kiddies.”

Walking in, holding Ariel tightly, he witnessed a few small children running around, playing with each other.

“Ah, you must be Mr. Crosby!” Sidney looked up to see a girl who was around his age, who was around 5’7, with long legs that were shown nicely in her jeans. She had long brown hair that was wavy. Her blue eyes were stunning, and the hockey player wanted to know this girl.

“Yes, I am, and you are?” Sidney smoothly asked while switching Ariel to the other side.

“My name is Bridget, I’m one of the caretakers here,” Bridget smiled warmly while waving to Ariel, “And who’s this cutie?”

“My name is Ariel,” Ariel waved at Bridget, showing her bright white teeth.

“Hey Ariel! I love your sweatshirt, you’re a Phillies fan?” Bridget grinned; knowing who number 87 was obviously.

“Daddy plays on my team, and I get to watch,” Ariel smiled happily.

“And Daddy has to go do just that baby, so I’m going to leave you here with Bridget, and your going to have a good time okay?” Sidney made Ariel face him.

“Come back soon Daddy,” Ariel kissed my cheek as I handed her over to Bridget.

“Have fun at hockey!” Bridget waved avidly before Sidney left, closing the door softly behind him. He noticed how she wasn’t wearing a wedding ring.

Crosby felt sad in a way, leaving his daughter behind. He loved her more than he loved anything else, even hockey. Sidney wanted to go back and tuck little Ariel under his arms, going to the park they sometimes visited and just staying there forever.

Strangely enough, he also didn’t want to leave Bridget.

He couldn’t do that though. Running his fingers through his thick hair, he fast walked to his apartment to get ready for his morning practice.

“Where’s the princess?” Jordan Staal asked as soon as Sidney entered the ice.

“Daycare. It’s a big day for her and I. She’s going to be here later though,” Sidney grinned as he started skating around, doing drills.

“Why do you seem so happy? Is this only because of daycare or what?” Staal wondered.

“This girl who works at the place, she seemed nice, I want to ask her out, but I’m not sure how,” Sidney admitted nervously.

“Sidney going on a date? Much less out of the house? Whoa,” Max Talbot joked around.

It was known that the Penguins Caption wasn’t one for dating, but Sidney felt like he could get along really well with Bridget.

“Theirs just something so special with that girl,” Sidney shook his head.

“Dude, when you pick up Ariel just casually ask her out to dinner,” Jordan suggested.

Sidney nodded while getting back to the drills. He was going to ask her out, he was ready for a change and Bridget could be just what he needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
HI:) Nine subscribers already? Awesome!!!! I hope your liking the story so far!

Thanks:

alunaticslament

for your comment.

Please comment and subscribe, it makes me write my updates faster:)