A Baby Vampire and Her Daddy

Realization

Lauren's Point of View:

Bill looked terrified, "What?" he whispered.

"I know why I'm here," I repeated.

"Come sit on the couch, explain what you're trying to say," Bill said. He lead me to the couch, sat me down, and sat next to me, "Alright, explain," he said.

"Mama and Thomas didn’t want me to…but I had to see for myself,” I started sobbing hard.

“What?”

“Ever since you left us, I had hurting headaches that wouldn’t go away and I think I died from the headaches, I can’t remember. But I do remember being in heaven, Mama and Thomas were there, but you weren’t.

“I wanted to find you, I wanted to know why you weren’t dead too, so I was reborn, but forgot my purpose, Mama and Thomas said no. They didn’t want me to cause more pain into your heart. But I had to see you, I missed you, Papa, I missed you,” I sobbed. Bill put his arms around me as I cried into his chest; he smelled the same way he did before, just like grass and a touch of smoke.

“Baby Sarah, you were always the curious thing,” Bill whispered, “When you were just a baby, you would crawl everywhere, you would play hide and go seek with us, you would crawl into small places and your Mama and I had to go searching everywhere, we were terrified that the dogs had eaten you,”

I looked up into his eyes, “You didn’t die like the rest of us, I wanted you back, you promised you would come back, but you never did,”

Bill sighed, “I know, the person who kept me from you did a horrible thing, and I will always be ungrateful to what they did to me, but you don’t know for how long I missed your Mama, your brother, and you, I had to keep myself away from you, just so I could protect you from what I was,”

“I understand that now but couldn't you have left us something that would have made us understand a little better then?" I asked.

"No, I was forbidden to,"

"I know you don't want me to be a vampire, you don't want me to be immortal," I said quietly.

Bill let go of me, "Sarah, living for so long is unnatural, you should be with Mama and Thomas..."

"Show me my grave, Papa," I wanted to see my old self.