Their Violence, Your Silence.

Finally!

At five PM I found myself on Caleb's doorstep.

I had walked there from school as soon as I got out, it had taken me about an hour, I had walked very slowly. I hoped that by now Caleb had gotten home but I had no way to tell, he always parked his car in the garage so I wouldn't be able to see if it was there yet.

To make sure Caleb would go home as soon as the principal would let him I had asked Shane to text Caleb saying that he'd taken me home. That would probably ease some of Caleb's worries right?

I had also used Cassie's phone to tell my mom who was already home that I'd be at Caleb's house.

I was a little scared to ring the doorbell. Mister Thornleigh was very intimidating and I didn't want to be stuck in the house alone with him if Caleb wasn't home yet.

On the other hand though... He probably wasn't in anyway. He rarely was after all.

I stood on the doorstep for another ten minutes. Which meant I'd stood there for nearly an hour... My toes were nearly freezing off and a slight drizzle had started already soaking my coat and hair, plastering it to my skull.

Finally gathering my courage in pressed on the doorbell, hearing it ring loud and clearly. Even outside.

No one answered...

After a few minutes I tried again but still no one opened the door. I guess Caleb hadn't gotten home yet then...

I sat down on the steps and wrapped my arms around my torso, huddling from the rain. I hoped he'd get home soon, if only so I could get out of the rain. But mostly because I was worried he'd gotten himself expelled or something.

The rain was steadily getting worse. Pouring down the from the heavens as if all the water in the world was up there.

'Wins!' a shout shook me from my thoughts and the cold.

When I looked up I could see Caleb rushing towards me. His car parked awkwardly on the driveway. I hadn't even heard the car arrive I realized, but then again the rain was so loud and heavy now that I couldn't even see the other side of the street properly.

I scrambled to my feet just as he'd reached me, only concern reflected on his face. 'You're soaked, let's get you inside before you get sick,' was all he said as he retrieved his keys from a pocket.

I was just very relieved to see that he bore no bruises as far as I could see, even though Shane said he'd fought with Damien. Damien was a big guy, taller then Caleb and much heavier build, in a fair fight I wasn't sure who'd come out the winner.

As soon as the door opened Caleb was pushing me inside, rushing to take my backpack from me and then my dripping coat. Careless of the fact that a puddle of water was already forming around my feet.

'Let me get you some dry clothes, you can shower if you want? To warm up...' Caleb was saying already taking off towards the stairs.

I grabbed his hand before he could, 'We really need to talk...' I said trailing off as my chattering teeth made talking rather hard. His hand was warm so I held on to it tightly.

'I know...' Caleb said, freezing in his movements to stare at me with his green eyes. 'I'm so sorry Winter, really I don't know what I can say to make you believe me. It really was Marley, it was a trap. I would never do that to you on purpose!'

'I know,' was all I said, 'I know that now.' Tugging on the hand I was still holding I pulled him closer to me.

His response was amazing, he hurriedly stepped closer and wrapped his arms tightly around me, lifting me clear off the ground. His face he buried in my neck, 'I missed you so much Wins...' he breathed.

His warmth alone was enough to make me feel good but everywhere he was touching exposed skin electric currents seemed to ignite. Feeling good to be back in his arms was nowhere near enough to describe how it felt.

'I love you Caleb Thornleigh...' I told him, wrapping my own arms tightly around him.

I felt him exhale long and slow and then he said: 'And I love you Wins. I'm never going to let you go.'

A smile was already forming on my face, despite the fact that I was still shivering from the cold. 'You'd better not, because I don't think I could stand that...'

A chuckle vibrated through his chest, 'You have no idea how long I've wanted to say that Wins.' He was already carrying me up the stairs towards his room, 'But before we talk further, you really need to put on something dry first and so do I by now...'

I laughed as I realized his shirt had gotten soaked, just from holding me. 'Sounds good...'

We'd reached his room and he deposited me right next to the bathroom door there. 'I'll get you some dry clothes, if you don't mind wearing something of mine... That is if I can find something that will fit you.' His eyes sparkled in mischief at the last words.

I nodded, 'Of course I don't mind.'

He was already digging around in his closet and came up with a pair of sweatpants and a band shirt. 'Think this might work,' he said as he handed them to me. He was softly pushing me into the bathroom, obviously anxious to make sure I wasn't cold anymore.

I stopped him by grabbing the front of his shirt tightly and pulling him down. Our lips connected and it seemed as if time stood still. I wasn't feeling cold now as his arms circled around my waist, pulling me tightly against him. My own hands tangling in his hair.

*~*~*~*~*


About an hour later I found myself curled up underneath the duvet on Caleb's bed. Tucked into his side with both his arms wrapped around me tightly.

We'd never made out as passionately or as long as we had right before I went to change my clothes. I hadn't even needed a shower anymore to get warm. I'd still taken one after we'd broken away from each other long enough to come to our senses.
Caleb had insisted because he thought I still felt really cold. In the time I showered and put on the dry clothes Caleb had given me he had gone downstairs and made hot chocolate and pancakes.

When he'd gotten back upstairs with the plate and the cups balanced on a tray I'd just gotten out of the bathroom. Trying in vain to keep the sweatpants from falling down and trying hard not to trip over the extra fabric at the bottom of each pants leg.

Putting down the tray Caleb had laughed before coming over to help me fold them to a decent length and tying a knot in the drawstrings. 'Best we can do for now I guess,' he'd told me with a smile, tugging me into another kiss.

Now warm and a little drowsy, with a stomach full of pancakes and chocolate milk, I looked up at Caleb's green eyes. They were focused on my hair as he ran his fingers through it gently, trying to carefully undo the knots.

'I over heard Marley talking in the bathroom at school...' I said softly. 'She's faking the bruise Caleb, I saw the make up.'

He tensed a little, 'I still hit her Wins... That was wrong of me.'

I shrugged, 'She deserved it, I think she's crazy. Really... The way she's acting. I don't think she'll stop until she gets what she wants.'

'Then we'll have to find a way to stop her before that happens... Let's not worry about that right now,' Caleb said pulling me closer so he could kiss me again. I could so get used to this, I thought with a smile.

When we broke apart though I frowned, suddenly remembering that he'd gotten into a fight at school. 'Caleb, what happened today at school? Shane said you fought...'

His green eyes clouded over for a moment as he thought back, then he replied: 'I couldn't find you during lunch... I thought you were with Damien but then he showed up. He... he had your mask Wins, the one you wore Saturday. He was gloating to me about how he'd been your shoulder to cry on.

He was talking about how great you were in bed, stuff like that. I know he just did it to get me mad, you'd never do something like that... I wasn't exactly... eh... in control of myself, going mad with worry about where you could be... So I kinda attacked him...'

He fumbled around and then withdrew said mask from his pocket to show to me.

I stared at him, 'I'm sorry Caleb... It was mean of me to say that I wanted to ride with Damien yesterday. I never planned on doing that you know. I don't even know what his car looks like... He certainly didn't take me home Saturday, I walked.'

He shifted uneasily, 'You walked? Dressed up like you were? You're really lucky no one attacked you then! Please don't ever do that again?'

I smiled, 'Let's hope there never will be a situation like that again.'

Caleb nodded and I reached out to wipe some of the strands of hair that always fell across his forehead back. After all this time still marveling at how soft his hair was.

'In how much trouble are you now?' I wondered as I traced the shape of his jaw with my fingers, trailing them down his throat and back up at the nape of his neck.

He swallowed and then replied, 'Not a lot... I'm not allowed to go to school for a few days but he doesn't want to have to miss me on the swimming team. He's not even noting it in my record.'

'That's great, and Damien?' that was a big problem as well. It was clear he wasn't to be trusted and just like Marley he'd probably not rest till he got what he wanted, I shivered as I realized that what he wanted was me.

Why on earth he wanted me I didn't know... At first it had seemed as though he just acted because of Marley. But now it was obvious they were in it together.

'Damien didn't fight back... I think he wanted me to attack him so that I'd get expelled. He knew that if he didn't do anything he would be the 'victim' and not get into trouble I guess.' Caleb shivered and then added, 'I can only imagine that he did it to get me out of the way for a while...'

I leaned up to kiss his lips again softly, 'Well then it's a good thing I'm not going to school either for a few days. After all, I caught a really nasty cold today,' I added with a wink.

Caleb laughed and then we didn't talk for a while, just kissing and cuddling until I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe so the chapter name has more to do with the comments i've been getting then with the actually chapter ^^

And Meilishezhe I learned the hard way not to lock my cat in the bathroom, xD toilet paper everywhere... But she was nice enough to leave me alone until the last paragraph or so ^^

There's a picture on my profile btw where you can see her sleeping on my arms as i'm trying to write. No she's not fat, she's just really fluffy... lol

Thanks for the comments everyone, story is not entirely over yet :)