Status: updated as I have time.

Welcome to the Family

Eleven

“I’m telling you Jess. They’re amazing.”

Jessica smiled as she leaned back against her bed as she listened to Danielle talk. This was the happiest she’d seen her friend since they’d arrived two years ago.

“I think you’d love them,” Dani said with a grin as she danced around the room.

“Yeah? What makes you think that?” Jess asked with a grin.

Dani rolled her eyes as she stuck her tongue out at Jess. “You’re just like Jimmy and Brian,” she said her cheeks flushing as she mentioned Brian.

“Wait Jimmy Sullivan?”

“Don’t you listen? I said that.”

“…I know. Just making sure.”

Dani snorted and shook her head. “You’re impossible Jess.”

Jess grinned, her green eyes shining. “Yeah but you love me. So what’s with you and Haner?”

At the mention of Brian Dani’s cheeks flushed. “Nothing. I dunno. I guess he’s cute.”

Jess snorted as she sat up. “You so like him!” she teased.

Dani squealed and buried her face in the sleeves of her tattered grey sweatshirt. The action made Jess laugh even louder. “Shut up Jess!” Dani whined as she flailed her arms before sitting on the ground.

“I will when you admit you like Brian Haner,” Jess answered rolling the ‘r’s as she said his name.

“Fine I like him. Happy?” Dani muttered as she wrapped her arms around her legs.

Jess sighed as she sat down next to Dani. Her friend’s mood swings had gotten worse the longer they’d been here. “I bet he likes you too,” she murmured.

Dani snorted and shook her head before burying her face in her arms. “Yeah right. He’s teaching me to play guitar. That’s it,” she muttered.

“Oh come on! That’s totally not it. He definitely likes you,” Jess said nudging her friend gently.

There was a momentary silence, as Dani seemed to be seriously thinking about it. She chewed her lip absently before she looked over at Jess. “You really think so?” she asked quietly.

“Of course! Why else would he be willing to teach you guitar…alone,” Jess said wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. He smile widened as Dani giggled and shook her head.

“You’d totally like Zacky.”

Jess’ eyebrow rose as she played with her hair. “Which newbie is he?”

“The not so muscley one with the septum ring.”

Jess’ eyes glinted and she stroked her imaginary beard as she tried to remember which guy Dani was talking about. She smirked as she remembered and she tapped her chin thoughtfully.

Dani rolled her eyes and laughed. “I could tell him about you.”

“Okay. Deal.”

Dani grinned as she stood up. “I’ll do it now. They’re practicing tonight.”

Jess’ eyebrow rose again and Dani rolled her eyes. “Practicing?”

Dani nodded. “Yeah. They’re making a band,” she said with a grin.

“Somehow they all got ten times hotter.”

“My thoughts exactly.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Introducing: Momma J!

<3

Comments = <3

x,
Joanie