Status: updated as I have time.

Welcome to the Family

Thirteen

“So what’s up with you and Dani?”

Brian laughed softly and smiled as he followed Jimmy down the hall. “I dunno. She’s cute, funny and sweet as hell,” he answered with a shrug, “Why?”

Jimmy grinned. “I think there’s more to it then that,” he answered with a laugh.

Brian snorted and shrugged. “I don’t know yet to be completely honest. I just met her. She’s…amazing though. I don’t quiet know how to explain it.”

Jimmy’s smile turned from a teasing smirk to a knowing one. “I know what you mean. What do you think? Do you think you like her?”

Brian was quiet for a moment as he ran a hand through his hair. “I think I do,” he answered as he walked into the common room.

“I fucking knew it! Johnny you owe me $20!” Jimmy said with a grin as he ran up to the smaller man.

Johnny blinked and frowned. “Wait I don’t remember betting against you on anything,” he said his voice filled with confusion.

“Yes you did. You bet me $20 that Brian wouldn’t admit he liked Danielle. And he did. So you owe me $20 my height impaired friend!”

Brian shook his head as he walked over to stand next to Matt beside the pool table. “They’re insane,” he murmured.

Matt shrugged and smiled. “Maybe. But you admitted you like her?”

Brian rubbed his face and nodded. “Kind of. I said I think I like her,” he said quietly.

“Thinking it means you like her.”

“Who does Brian like?”

Brian rolled his eyes as Zack walked up behind him. He turned to face the younger man sending him a withering glare. Zacky returned it with an easy smirk and Brian shook his head.

“Danielle. The quiet one who he’s been teaching guitar,” Matt said with a smile. Brian’s cheeks flushed slightly and Zacky elbowed him in the ribs gently. He wrapped his arm around Zacky’s neck giving the younger man a noogie.

“Guys chill. It’s not a bad thing. Just means our resident player is settling down,” Jimmy said with a grin.

“What the hell are you talking about? I’m not settling down. She’s just a cute girl,” Brian said running a hand through his hair. He sat down next to his guitar and picked it up playing absently.

The room went quiet for a minute as everyone listened to him play and Matt’s green eyes shone with excitement for a minute. “Play that again,” he said as he pulled a chair up next to Brian.

Brian blinked, coming out of his trance. “Play what?” he asked confused for a minute. He glanced down at his guitar not even aware of what he’d been playing that had peaked Matt’s interest.

“Just go with it. Figure out what you played before,” Matt answered leaning back in his chair.

Brian closed his eyes as he started playing a small melody as it had floated through his head before. He was vaguely aware of Matt humming something along to his playing and he pulled himself from his space to listen.

The wind of life and air from above smells of death.
Angels sing of the end.
Nothing you say and nothing you try can change time.
Human race prepares to die...


“Holy shit,” Jimmy breathed as Matt stopped singing. Brian stopped playing and a huge grin spread across his face.

“Dude that was insane,” Zacky breathed as Johnny and Brian nodded in agreement.

Matt shrugged and ran a hand through his hair. “It’s nothing. Just some shit I wrote up last night,” he said quietly his cheeks a bright red.

“What’s it called?” Johnny asked as he ran a hand through his unspiked mohawk.

“To End The Rapture,” Matt answered quietly.

“Fuck that’s good,” Brian breathed and the other three guys nodded in agreement.

An almost shy smile spread across Matt’s face and he rubbed the back of his neck absently. “Whatever. Bri’s guitar was awesome too,” he muttered trying to keep the attention off of him.

Brian snorted and shook his head as he put his guitar down. “Please. That was nothing,” he murmured as he closed his eyes rubbing his temples absently.

“I think we should go swimming again,” Jimmy said suddenly. There was a moment’s silence before all eyes turned to the drummer. Jimmy shrugged and yawned as he ran a hand through his hair. “What? We got a song written dude. We should celebrate by slacking off.”

Brian shook his head and grinned. “Okay. Slacking off it is,” he said as he rested his hands behind his head. He turned and walked out the door hearing the guys all jog after him.

“Last one in is a short shit!” Jimmy yelled and the guys took off leaving Johnny behind them.

“Oh come on! That is so not fair!” Johnny yelled as he took off down the hall, oblivious to the two figures walking down the hall behind them.

Brian laughed as he stripped quickly and dove into the pool. He was followed quickly by Zacky who Brian dunked under the minute the smaller man hit the water.

“Brian chill out. No drowning Zacky,” Matt called as he stripped off his clothes. He ran a hand through his hair as he watched his two friends in the water.

“Come on. You really expect him to listen to you? After all it is Brian,” Jimmy said as he threw his clothes at Johnny. The bassist yelped in annoyance as he stripped off his clothes.

“Well well well. Is this what you boys call band practice?”

All five men froze though Brian and Zacky were safe in the pool at that point. Matt was caught in the motion of throwing Johnny in the pool and the two men fell in with the same motion.

“May I ask who you are?” Jimmy asked as eh folded his arms across his chest. He grinned as he saw Danielle standing next to a girl he’d never seen before. “Hey Dani!” he called waving happily.

Dani snorted and shook her head as she waved to the taller man. “Hey Jimbo. Um…this is Jess. Jess this is Jimmy, Johnny, Matt< Brian and Zacky.”

Jess’ smile spread into a smirk as her eyes landed on Zacky. The guitarist’s cheeks flushed and he looked away quickly his green eyes wide with awe.

“Get your tongue back in your mouth Baker,” Jimmy said with a grin. Zacky’s cheeks flushed darker and Jimmy’s grin widened. “Excuse my dear friends Jess. They were raised by animals. Anyway nice to meet you,” Jimmy said with a salute.

Jess giggled and Dani rolled her eyes. “Aren’t you gonna ask us to join you?” Jess asked raising her eyebrow.

“Would you like to swim girls?” Brian asked with a smirk. Dani’s cheeks flushed and his smirk softened slightly.

“Of course we would,” Jess said with a grin as she started undressing. Dani’s eyes widened in surprise as she followed Jess undressing quickly. She was acutely aware of Brian’s eyes on her and she bit her lip hard as she walked toward the pool.

“Don’t be scared,” Brian murmured as he leaned up out of the pool to help her in.

“Yeah like that’s gonna make me any less nervous,” Dani murmured as she slid into the water. She gasped at the sudden cold and she wrapped her arms tightly around Brian’s neck. He smiled and kissed her temple gently as he wrapped an arm around her waist.

“Hey! What did I tell you boys about skinny dipping in here!”

A smirk spread across Jimmy’s face as everyone scrambled out of the pool. They grabbed their clothes and took off running out of the room. The guards took off after them as the ran off toward their respective rooms.

“Dani in here,” Brian murmured as he grabbed Dani’s hand and pulled her into the rec room. He shut the door behind him and smiled as she quickly began getting dressed. “You’re beautiful you know that right?” he said quietly.

Dani rolled her eyes fighting a blush as she started getting dressed. “I know your type Brian Haner. I am not just another trophy to put on your shelf,” she answered as she pulled on her bra.

“I know. Trust me you’re not. I…I really like you,” Brian murmured as he wrapped an arm around Dani’s waist.

“I TOLD YOU JOHNNY! YOU OWE ME TWENTY BUCKS DUDE!”

Brian and Dani jumped and she buried her face in Brian’s chest as Jimmy bolted from the rec room. Brian smiled as he kissed the top of Dani’s head mentally thanking Jimmy for interrupting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait loves.

Writers block sucks.

Anyway here it is! Comments = love <3

x
Joanie

Image