Status: updated as I have time.

Welcome to the Family

Two

“Good luck little brother.”

Zacky sighed as he hugged his sister Zina. He walked past his parents not expecting and not receiving any form of affection from either of them.

“Your brother doesn’t need luck. He needs help,” his mother snapped as she examined her perfectly manicured fingernails.

Zacky barely resisted the urge to roll his eyes, smirking as Zina openly snorted with disgust. “Please. Don’t give me that shit. He doesn’t belong here mom and you know it.”

“We’re not having this discussion Zina,” his father said ending the conversion before it got too far.

Zina huffed in annoyance before she turned to Zacky. “I’ll get you checked in,” she mumbled as she headed inside.

Zacky sighed and followed her putting as much distance between him and his parents as possible. He ran a hand through his hair as he pulled a pack of cigarettes from his pocket. He ignored his mother’s disapproving glare as he lit his cigarette and inhaled deeply.

“Mind if I grab a light?”

Zacky exhaled slowly as he glanced at the guy who’d seemed to appear next to him. He nodded and passed him the lighter before he inhaled again.

“Thanks. Names Johnny by the way. You just get here?”

“Zacky. And uh..yeah. About five minutes ago,” Zacky answered as he slid his lighter into his pocket, “What about you?”

Johnny shook his head. “Been here a few weeks. What are you in for?”

Zacky smiled. “You make it sound like we’re in prison or something,” he said with a laugh.

Johnny shrugged as he took a drag on his cigarette. “Feels like it some days. Most days it’s not too bad. You didn’t answer my question.”

Zacky sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. “My mom thinks I’m manic depressive, passive aggressive and a whole bunch of other shit.”

“What’s the truth?”

“I honestly have no idea.”

Johnny laughed as he ran a hand through his unspiked Mohawk. “Amen to that brother. Same goes for me and to be perfectly honest I don’t want to know. This place is a vacation compared to being home.”

Zacky nodded as he looked over at his parents who waited impatiently for Zina. “Amen to that,” he murmured.

Zina walked out of the double doors and over to Zacky. She hugged him tightly, burying her face in his chest. He returned the hug just a fiercely.

“I’m gonna miss you Z,” she murmured as she pulled back.

“I’ll miss you too. You’re gonna visit right?” he mumbled.

Zina nodded and ran a hand through her hair. “I promise.”

“I’ll take care of your brother,” Johnny said with a grin.

Zina smiled and nodded. “Thanks….”

“Johnny Seward.”

“Well thanks Johnny. Z’s my only baby brother.”

“Zina! Let’s go!”

Zina rolled her eyes and pulled a face, making Zacky smile. “Gotta go. Nice meeting you Johnny.”

Johnny nodded and saluted Zina making her giggle. “He’ll be like my big brother.”

Zacky watched as his sister got into the car. He waited until they’d driven away a bit before he turned to Johnny. “Do you have to so obviously flirt with my sister?”

Johnny blinked before he snorted. “What that? I wouldn’t call that flirting per say.”

“Then what would you call it?”

“…..Flirting?”

Zacky shook his head and laughed softly as he walked into the place. “You’re insane. We need to get you laid.”

Johnny paused for a minute before he grinned. “That would kick some major ass.”

Zacky laughed and shook his head again. “Absolutely nuts. This is going to be awesome.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter two.

Comment's would be great.

xo
Joanie