Status: updated as I have time.

Welcome to the Family

Three

Matt woke up in a cold sweat. He looked around confused for a minute before he realized where he was. He ran a hand through his hair as he swung his legs over the side of his bed and winced as his feet hit the cold floor. He stood pulling on a t-shirt as he walked out of his room.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

Matt reached into his pocket glad he’d taken the cigarettes from Brian even though he didn’t smoke. It would make a decent excuse. “I need a smoke,” he answered hoping the guy would let him go.

The guard sighed and nodded. “Go. And if you see Sullivan tell him to get his bony ass back to his room.”

Matt nodded as he walked down the hall. He blinked as he heard the sound of a piano not too far down the hall. He walked down the hall playing with his lighter as he walked. He leaned against the doorway flicking the lighter open and closed.

“Mind if I borrow your light?”

Matt smiled as he held it up. “Yeah. Catch,” he answered as he tossed the lighter to the guy.

The guy grinned and took a pack out of his pocket and lit a cigarette before tossing the lighter back to Matt. He took a long drag as Matt slipped the lighter into his pocket.

“Oh sweet nicotine Jimmy missed you!” he said with a laugh.

“So you’re Jimmy Sullivan.”

Jimmy smiled softly, his eyes glinting momentarily. “I see my reputation precedes me. And you would be?”

“Matt Sanders,” he answered with a laugh.

“Pleased to meet you,” Jimmy said as he ran his hands over the piano keys.

“You play a lot?” Matt asked as he nodded at the piano.

Jimmy shook his head and shrugged. “Nah. Just something I do for fun. I’m a drummer,” he said, his eyes glinting at the thought of his drums.

Matt smiled as he played with his lip ring. “Nice. Do they have a kit here?”

Jimmy shrugged and ran a hand through his hair as he took another drag. “Dunno. I haven’t looked yet.”

“Hopefully there is one. If not, my dad was a drummer. He has an old drum kit in the basement. I could see if my mom would bring it.”

Jimmy’s eyes widened and he looked over at Matt. “Really? You think she’d do it?” he asked his hands drumming subconsciously on his knees.

Matt nodded and grinned. “I’m sure she’d be all over it. She hates that no one uses it.”

“That’d be awesome dude. Thanks.”

Matt smiled and nodded. He laughed as Jimmy put out his cigarette on his shoe and flicked it out the open window. He glanced down the hall, not quite ready to go back yet.

“Let’s go skinny dipping!” Jimmy said suddenly his eyes widening.

Matt snorted and shook his head. “Well that was random.”

“I was thinking of a way to meet the fresh meat…I mean new kids Bri and Johnny met. I met you. Now to meet the other kid. What better way then to cause a little mayhem?”

“Genius,” Matt said with a laugh.

“I’ll meet you at the pool. Gonna grab Johnny, Bri and the newbie,” Jimmy said as he walked down the hall.

Matt smirked and nodded as he headed down the hall the opposite way as Jimmy. Maybe this place wouldn’t suck as bad as he thought it would.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments = <333

Hopefully I kept Jimmy to the way he always was.

Anyway hope you enjoyed.

x,
Joanie