Status: updated as I have time.

Welcome to the Family

Five

“Mr. Sanders your mother called for you.”

Matt sighed as he leaned against the front desk. His counselor no doubt called his mother about the skinny dipping incident. “What’d she want?”

The girl at the desk grinned, “To talk to you about why skinny dipping is stupid. I’m Nikita by the way. “

Matt blinked for a moment before he grinned. “Nikita Morgan. Beautiful name,” he murmured.

“Don’t bother. She has a boyfriend.”

Nikita rolled her eyes smiling apologetically at Matt. “Paige shut up. Just because Brian won’t give you the time of day doesn’t give you the right to be a complete bitch.”

Matt snorted as Paige’s cheeks flushed. She tossed her long blonde hair over her shoulder and huffed. “Brian will come around soon enough. Besides that’s not the point. You have a boyfriend,” she said bitterly.

Nikita shook her head. “Had. Brad and I broke up. He was a stupid prick,” she muttered as she picked up her bag.

Paige shook her head. “No. He was sweet and funny and…”

“Yeah? Then why don’t you date him?” Nikita spat as she walked out from behind the desk.

Matt winced as he could almost feel the hate radiating off of her. “Can I walk you to your car?” he asked.

Nikita blinked her annoyance and anger momentarily forgotten before she smiled shakily. “I’m parked in the back lot,” she murmured.

“Lead the way,” he answered gesturing for her to walk. He barely fought the urge to laugh as Paige shot him a glare.

“Thanks. For getting me out of there before I did something stupid,” Nikita said after a few moments of silence.

Matt smiled and shrugged. “It’s what I do. I was always the peace maker at home. Who is she anyway?”

Nikita’s voice dripped with annoyance and Matt felt bad for asking. “Head cheerleader and all around rich bitch. Her daddy cut off her allowance so she has to work and she ain’t happy. She thinks everyone has to love her so it’s twice as funny that Brian doesn’t notice her.”

Matt shrugged. “I barely know Brian but I can tell she’s not his type.”

Nikita watched him for a moment before she nodded in agreement. “She’s a bitch.”

Matt glanced over at her with a grin. “Tell me about you,” he said quietly.

“Well I’m an only child. My parents are divorced and I live with my dad. That’s pretty much it.”

Matt nodded and smiled. “How old are you?”

“Seventeen. You?”

“Almost 19.”

Nikita nodded and laughed. “Tell me about you,” she said in return.

Matt hesitated before he started. “My father died when I was 12. My mom got remarried about a year ago and he’s an asshole,” he muttered subconsciously rubbing the back of his neck.

Nikita frowned and placed her hand gently on Matt’s shoulder. She stood on her toes and kissed him gently on the cheek. “I’m sorry about your father,” she murmured.

Matt blinked caught a bit off guard. “Thanks,” he murmured.

She smiled and nodded as she walked up to the back door.

“This is as far as I can go,” Matt said glancing at the security guard.

Nikita laughed and nodded. “I’m guessing this is because of the skinny dipping?”

Matt nodded his smile widening. “Yeah. You could say that.”

Nikita laughed and grinned. “Well thanks again Mr. Sanders.”

“Please God call me Matt. Mister makes me feel old.”

“Well thanks Matt. It was really nice talking to you.”

Matt hesitated before he leaned down and kissed her temple. “Same. See you around?”

Nikita grinned and nodded, her cheeks flushing bright red. “Of course. Not like I work here or anything,” she said with a laugh. She waved to Matt as she headed out the door.

Matt smiled, his cheeks flushing in return. He ran a hand through his hair as he headed back to his room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Naww. Mattie has a crush ::tehe:

Comments = <33333

x,
Joanie