Status: Active

Falling for Eternity

Reality

"Blake ... "Damon spoke, motioning towards me.

I didn't move, as he began to edge closer to me. I couldn't move. I couldn't even blink, as the wind picked up, sending ice cold shivers down my spine.

"Blake"He repeated, but it was no good.

My mind was a blur, with old and new memories alike, swirling around in my head. There were images of my life here in Mystic Falls, flashbacks of the moments I had spent with Damon, from the day I met him to our first kiss. Then, there was the chilling contrast as captures of my nightmare suddenly flashed infront of me. I was running, but to where? I didn't know. I just had to get away from it, whatever it was that had been after me. The fear itself, was enough to leave me fragile. This wasn't supposed to happen, was it? I thought.Wasn't this experience suppose to happen at the end of your life, when you were about to die?

I was suddenly brought back to reality, as the blonde haired girl who lay on the ground, began to grip tightly on to my ankle. She was mumbling words to herself, words I didn't pay much attention to. Or maybe she was crying for help, crying to get out of this present situation. I slowly knelt down, placing my arms under her as to balance her in an upwards direction so she could stand. It was like, my brain was in auto-pilot. I wasn't mentally aware of everything going on around me, but something was telling me that I needed to help her. I was soon caught off guard, as Damon moved towards her, bringing his hand to cup her cheek. He stepped directly infront of her, bringing his head inches closer to her. I watched his lips, as they whispered something into her hair. Words, that for some unexplainable reason were becoming strangely familiar to me.

I caught my breath, as a sudden spark of pain shot through my head, causing me to stumble upon the cobbles of the alley way. My mind felt as though it was being split in two, with one part racing to stay focused in the present moment, while the other was trying to go back. But to where? I let out a cry, as I backed against the hard stone wall, as yet more images danced merrily through my mind. What was happening to me? As I began to slowly fall in and out of consciousness, the last glances I caught of Damon were blurred. Sliding further down the wall, I heard a familiar, silky voice.

"You're going to forget" It whispered.

It was those four words, the ones that had sounded so familiar. Words, that I didn't know had been spoken to me. As my vision became shadowed and my heart rate steadied, I saw another blinding flash, and was once again forced to visit another flashback. One, that I had no recollection of, but also one, that terrified me more than any other. It was Damon, with black eyes that pierced fiercely into my soul. With a devilish smirk, his white pointed teeth came glistening into view. And with a thirst for my blood, he came speeding towards me, faster than lightning.

He, I realised, was the creature I had been running from.

* * * * *

I shifted uncomfortably in the current position I was in, as I felt a small vibration penetrate my skin. Furrowing my brows, I began to slowly open my eyes. When I did however, I felt embarrassed to admit that I wasn't one hundred percent sure where I was. I was lying on a huge bed with silk sheets and a nineteenth century style wooden framework. There were bookshelves on every corner of the four walls, an antique wardrobe with matching drawers, a huge crystal chandelier, a polished wooden floor, and many other beautiful features that I found to be quite captivating. Slowly getting up off of the bed, I walked towards the curtains and quickly pulled them open, lighting up the dull room. When I took a look out of the window, I felt my heart stop suddenly in my chest. Outside, I saw two very expensive cars, belonging to two very different brothers.

"Good Morning"A familiar voice spoke from behind me.

I inhaled in a breath, preparing myself for the worse as I turned around to welcome my fate, whatever good or bad it may have been.

"Blake"A wary Stefan spoke, as I locked my eyes with his hazel ones. "I think we need to talk"

* * * * *

I hesitated walking into the lounge, as I thought about what I was about to be told. I sighed as I realised that it wasn't something that you could just walk out of, like you could given any normal situation. It was something I was going to have to deal with, something I was going to have to carry with me for the rest of my life. Something I couldn't explain, something I sincerly hoped I was wrong about.

"W-Where is Damon?"I asked, as Stefan and I took a seat on the sofa.

"He's gone out for a while. He never thought you would be awake till much later, but I imagine he'll back soon"Stefan replied, as he handed me a warm cup of coffee.

"Thank you"I said, as I took a sip, allowing the warm liquid to run down my throat.

"How did I get here?"I asked, "I mean, last night. Why was I brought here?"

"After your encounter with Damon, you passed out. He didn't want to take you home to Jenna and Elena because of the questions that would follow. He also didn't want to risk not being able to speak with you."Stefan told me.

"I don't know if you have any recollection of what happened last night ... "He continued, as my eyes wandered around the familiar room. "I, i'm actually hoping that you don't"

I let out a breath, as I then looked to him. His eyes were deep, as they stared into mine.

"I remember"I said, "Not a lot, but I definitely know what I saw Stefan."

"What did you see?"He asked, as I took another sip of coffee.

"At first, I saw a girl. She was lying on the ground, her neck was bleeding pretty badly and it looked liked she'd been attacked by some kind of vicious animal ... but it wasn't an animal that had attacked her, was it?"I said, as I stared blankly infront of me. "It was a man, who's eyes were dark and malicious. A man who's teeth were replaced by fangs ....."

I paused, trying to fight the lump that was stuck in my throat. I didn't want to cry, I didn't want to be weak, I wanted to for once, be strong. "It was Damon"I breathed.

There was silence, until Stefan spoke. "Blake, I know what you must be thinking"

"That it's impossible. That it's unexplainable. That it's not real. That i'm going crazy"I replied.

"You're in shock, is all. I'm actually impressed by how calm you are"Stefan said, "But everything you know is about to change and I wish there was some way that could possibly prepare you for that."

"Stefan, what are you saying?"I asked, as I placed my coffee mug down on to the table.

"I think you know, Blake. Even if you don't want to admit it to yourself"He spoke.

"B-but none of this is even humanly possibly. Surely you can't be telling me that .... "

I froze, as my mind began to trace every detail of being back at Mystic Falls.

"LOCAL BOY, 16 - LATEST VICTIM OF YET ANOTHER ANIMAL ATTACK"

"Another?" I questioned Elena, "Do these happen often?"

"They hapen too often Blake, way too often"

Bodies drained with blood. 'Animal Attacks' on the rise. Victims with neck trauma.


"No"I whispered, as everything around me stayed still. "You can't possibly be .. "

"Blake?"Stefan spoke, as my eyes were fixed on to the burning flames of the fire.

"Vampires"I mumbled, as I brought my eyes back to his.

* * * * *

"You know, I really wanted to protect you from all of this"Elena spoke, as we sat together by the fire, wrapped up in a warm blanket.

I sighed, as I looked down at the time on my Blackberry. It was five o'clock, meaning I had been here all day. Stefan had called Elena to come around after we had chatted, almost as though she needed to be the one to verify everything. I then noticed an un-opened text I had recieved earlier, the one I guessed had vibrated and woken me up. It was an apology from Tyler, about the way things turned out last night. He wanted to do it again soon, with the exception of his parents interrupting.

"Now I know why you were so against me seeing Damon"I replied, as Elena took her hand in mine.

"I just knew what he was capable of and I was terrified at the thought of him hurting you"She said.

"I was so stupid for not listening to you"I sighed, "After the Ball, things got a little too far"

"What do you mean?"Elena asked, as concern was present in her voice.

"Well ... we kissed and as you know, he stayed over. Afterwards though, he showed up at school, he brought me here and we made out a little. Then we had this argument, all I remember is being so pissed off at him, but we figured it out. The thing is, he's never asked me out. We're not even dating, I don't even think you could call it 'seeing each other' either ... "I replied.

"Argument?"Elena questioned, "About what? I can't believe you didn't tell me about this Bee"

"I know, i'm sorry. I just knew what you would say"I spoke, "I honestly can't remember what the argument was about. It was stupid anyway."

Elena furrowed her brows, as she stared at me curiously. "Unless he compelled you ..."She said.

"I'm sorry, what?"I asked, as she stood up.

"I'll be right back"She replied, as she walked off in the direction of the hallway, where I could hear Stefan speaking to someone who had just arrived.

"If you have hurt her, i'll kick your ass myself!"I heard Elena yell .... "How dare you!" .... "You have no right " ... "If you ever touch her ... "

I ran a hand through my hair, as I could only hear parts of the conversation. I had never heard Elena sound so angry before. And I knew it could only mean one thing.

Damon was home.

* * * * *

"Alright, first thing's first"Damon began, as we were left alone to speak. "I'm a dick"He said.

I breathed out, pulling my knees to my chest as I stayed still on the sofa.

"And maybe if I weren't so careless, this wouldn't have happened"He said, "But it did"

I refused to make eye contact with him, as he paced infront of the fire.

"Hey"He said, once realising I had stopped listening to him speak after a while.

"What?"I asked, as he took a seat beside me. Therefore forcing me to look at him.

His eyes narrowed, as he took in my gaze. "You .. you're not scared of me, are you?"

I sighed before replying."I don't know, should I be?"I asked, as that cheeky smirk came crawling back on to his lips.

"I'm not going to hurt you, Blake"He replied, "I thought that was obvious"

"Obvious!?"I half shouted, "How can you say that? I don't even know who you are anymore"

"Oh, do we really need to be so melodramatic?"He moaned, as I felt a burning desire to slap him.

"What happened to the girl, Damon?"I asked, as he brought his eyes back to mine.

"I dealt with her"He spoke casually, after taking a sip of brandy.

"What happened?"I pressed, as he rolled his eyes.

"Well, after cleaning her up a little, I sent her home. I made her forget everything that happened. Just like that."He replied, as I furrowed my brows.

"You can do that?"I asked, as I swallowed another lump that was forming in my throat.

"Yup"He said, "It's one of the many perks that come with being immortal. It's called compelling"

I froze, suddenly remembering my conversation with Elena. "H-have you ever .. compelled me?"

"Yes"He replied, before getting a chance to continue as I slapped him hard on the cheek.

"You son of a bitch!"I spat, as tears built up in my eyes. "How could you do that!"

"Okay, I deserved that, but you need to hear me out"He said, as I could no longer hold back my tears.

"I didn't compell you to feed on you"He replied, "I wanted to test you, to see if I could control myself when being around your blood. So, I brought you here and we had a little fun, I had hidden a sharp object in the couch so when you cut yourself, it'd look accidental. I thought I could control myself, but I couldn't. I wanted you so badly and I had to get you away from me, so I pretended to panick and yelled at you to leave"He told me, as I sat in awe.

"After that, you didn't want to speak to me, which I could understand, but you couldn't. Because you didn't know why I had to cover everything up so much. The thing is, I didn't want you to be pissed at me, because believe it or not, I like you a lot more than everybody else in this town. So, I took the easy way out and compelled you. I made you forget all about that evening, apart from the fun bits"He winked, "I told you we had an argument, but that it had been resolved and that's the truth"He finished.

"I .. I don't know what to say"I breathed, as my mind began to process everything he had told me. Now I knew why I had been confused about this so called 'argument'. One that apparently had never exsisted.

"However"Damon spoke, "There is one tiny little detail I should probably mention"

"Which is?"I asked, hoping it was nothing to awful.

"The first time I tried to compell you, it didn't work"He said, "And the only thing that can prevent a vampire from compelling a human is if they have vervain in their system - a lovely little plant that works the same way for vampires, as kryptonite does for superman - or are wearing it in jewellery"

"I'm sorry, you've lost me. When the hell did you try to compell me for the first time?"I asked sternly. "It's bad enough you did it was once and it worked, but .. "

"It was when we were in the Graveyard, after your aunt and uncles memorial"He interrupted, "I wanted to .. "He paused, to smirk at me.

"You wanted to what?"I said, wishing I could wipe it off his face.

"I wanted to kiss you"He replied, "Have a little taste if I was lucky .."He continued, as I felt another sudden urge to slap him again.

"You are such an ass"I retorted, before getting up of the sofa. "I can belive I fe -"

I stopped myself from what I was about to say, as Damon came to my side.

"What was that?"He asked, as I looked towards him. Staring deeply into those blue, hypnotical eyes that could compell me to do whatever he pleased.

"N-nothing"I mumbled, breaking from his gaze. "I have to go"I said, as I walked out of the lounge.

* * * * *

The drive home was silent, with neither Elena or I knowing exactly what to say to each other. I suppose, given the situation, there wasn't all that much to say. The whole day, I had felt like I was living in a fantasy. That surely, ghosts and ghouls, witches and wizards, vampires and all the other creatures of the night that once haunted my dreams, had to be a myth. My whole life, I didn't believe in magic or monsters and growing up, I felt no need to fear them because they didn't exist. They couldn't possibly, it was all made for the movies and novels. Well, at least that's what I once believed.

As I welcomed the soft embrace of my pillow that evening, I feared the thought of falling asleep. Once again I feared the creatures of the night and the old tales of monsters hiding in your closet. Because it was no longer just a fantasy.

It was my reality.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Everyone! Thank you for being so patient with me.
This is the LONGEST chapter to date, which explains why it took me a lot of time.
Nevertheless I hope you like it. Huge thank you to those who comment.
I'd also like to apologise to anyone who has been confused at any point in the story.
I received some constructive criticism, so I hope everything is alright now.
This chapter explains a lot, and there is even more to be explained in the next one.
~ Blake/Vervain, *hint hint.

To any of you who are interested in Twilight fan fiction, mostly Jacob/Wolf Pack then I really recommend you check out YASMIN; and AshleyxTwilightx. They are amazing writers!(:

Comments are highly appreciated<3 x's and o's.