Status: Active

Falling for Eternity

When We Collide

"Everybody freeze!"Caroline yelled, as the music suddenly stopped playing. "Alright, first thing's first "She began, a fake smile spreading across her rosy cheeks as everyone turned their attention towards her. "I'd just like to make sure that we're all aware that this game is tomorrow"She announced, walking down from her spot on the bleachers. "Meaning we only have ONE more day left to perfect this routine ... "

I sighed lightly, loosening the cap of my water bottle as Caroline's voice dragged off into the distance. She had been lecturing our squad every night this week about how this routine had to be perfect. About how hard she had been working and how much we took her for granted. Eventually, I reached the stage where everything she was saying just became pointless. I had way too much drama going on in vampire world, to even think about whatever Caroline had been ranting on about. And for the first time ever, cheerleading became un-interesting to me. Amongst everything in my life, it suddenly didn't have the same impact that it once did. And I wasn't sure if I was entirely happy about it yet.

"I'm deadly serious!"Caroline called, "If you're not willing to put one hundred percent effort into this squad, then you have two options .. STEP UP or drop out"She spat. "I'll see you all tomorrow"

* * * * *

"Blake ... "A familiar voice called, as I made my way out of the school. "Hey Blake!"Tyler spoke, as he caught up to me, still wearing his Timberwolves strip.

"Hey, what's up?"I asked, as I folded my arms across my chest.

"Uh, nothing. I just wanted to talk to you. I mean, i've hardly seen you since we went out last .. "

"Yeah, sorry about that"I replied, "I'm not distancing myself purposely, there's just been a few things going on lately. I've not spoken much to anybody"

"Oh .. uh, are you alright? Is somebody bothering you?"He asked, as his lovely brown eyes focused on mine, a look of concern present on his face.

"Tyler"I said, trying my best to force a smile. "It's honestly nothing I want you to worry about. I love you for being concerned and all, but you've got a game to be focused on and I don't want stupid drama to interfere with that. So don't worry about me, i'll be fine"I replied.

And the award for the liar of the year goes to .......

"About the game .. "Tyler began, as I shook myself from my thoughts. "Do you want to come back to my house for the after party?"He asked, "My parents are gone for the weekend, so there will be no interruptions"He said, "I promise you"

I giggled softly before replying. "It sounds great"I said, "But honestly, I think i'd rather chill tomorrow night, you know? Get away from the party scene for a while ... "

"Sounds perfect"Tyler spoke, as I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"I think you've lost me .. "I replied, as he smiled, flashing his white teeth in my direction.

"I mean"He spoke, as his hands slid into his pockets. "That it sounds like the perfect after party for two. Movies, blankets, big old, empty house with the possibility of some alcohol to brighten our spirits"

A sudden smile appeared on my face, as I realised what he meant. "So, are you in?"He asked.

"On the cosy after party for two?"I replied, "I'm not sure I could refuse"

"Awesome"He said, as our eyes locked. "I'll see you at the game tomorrow anyway, then we can leave in my car ... And hopefully i'll be able to take your mind off of whatever's been bothering you lately"

I breathed out lightly, as I moved closer towards him. "Tyler Lockwood, you're a life saver"I whispered, as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"If it means getting to spend more time with you"He began, as I felt his arms tighten around my waist. "Then it's worth it"

I smiled, as I could feel my heart rate slowly increase. Hearing those words and having him hold me, was something I felt I would absolutely, most definitely, not mind getting used to.

* * * * *

'Fame doin' it for the fame, 'cause we wanna live the life of the rich and famous .....

I sang along to the song as I slipped into my cheerleading costume, memorising the routine to the lyrics. I then quickly brushed through my hair, before tying it up in a high pony tail. Reaching for my make-up bag, I took out some foundation, brushes, bronzer, mascara and glitter eyeliner. Presentation was key.

"Knock, knock"Elena called, as she peered her head through my bedroom door.

"Hey, come on in"I said, as I began to apply my base.

"So, are you excited for the game?"She asked, taking a seat on my bed.

"Kinda .. "I replied, "I'm more looking forward to what's happening afterwards though"

She raised her eyebrows, as a sly grin appeared on her cheeks. "Which is?"

I smiled towards her, as I noticed her reflection in the mirror. "I'm hanging with Tyler"

"Again?"Elena asked, as a laugh escaped my lips. "You two are becoming pretty close these days"

I half smiled, as I applied my first coat of mascara. "If truth be told, he's a great distraction"

"Distraction?"She wondered, "As in .. "

I sighed lightly, before placing my mascara on the table and turned around to face her.

"It's like, when i'm with him ... I feel most at ease. He's got a great way of making me feel comfortable, I can totally relax around him. And I can do it without worrying about vampires or if i'm wearing vervain or not. He's what I need right now"I said.

She looked to me for a moment, without speaking, as her eyes lingered on me.

"The way you described that there"Elena replied, "It's exactly the way I felt, when I met Stefan"

* * * * *

The crowd rose to their feet, awaiting the result of the rugby ball that was flying high above the field. It's destination about to determine the result of the game. The Timberwolves were dead drawn with the other team, with only one minute left.

Thirty Seconds.

Five ... four ... three ... two

There was a sudden uproar of cheers, as the ball landed flat down on the field, leading the Timberwolves to victory. With a sudden rush of adrenaline, we ran out to the field, amongst the players and our mascot.

"And the Timberwolves have yet another victory!"

It wasn't long before I bumped into Tyler, who had thrown the ball to Matt to score the final points.

"Tyler!"I called, as he was helping lift Matt up into the crowd of guys.

Turning his head towards me, he smiled as though it was the automatic thing to do. And without a word, swept me up into his arms and twirled me around.

"You ready to get outta here?"He asked, placing me on the ground as our eyes connected.

"Yeah"I replied, as we headed off towards the car park.

1 Hour Later

I exhaled softly, as Tyler and I lay on the sofa wrapped in a blanket, with soft music playing in the background. It had been so relaxing just to lay there with him, to let go of everything for a while. He had managed to take my mind off of things, just by telling me lame jokes and giving me a beer.

"So, are you beginning to feel better?"He asked me, as he cracked open the top of another beer bottle and took a drink from it.

I smiled, as I ran a hand through my hair. "You know what, I am"I replied, as he grinned.

"Man, I love this song ... "He whispered, as he set his beer down on the table.

I turned my ear to the music, as I heard a familiar soft beat begin to play.

"Blake"Tyler spoke, when I noticed he'd stood up. "Dance with me?"He asked, holding out his hand.

I bit my lip, realising they had curled into a smile as I took hold of it. "Ofcourse I will"

Wrapping his left arm around my waist, he held my hand in his right. And I couldn't help, but smile as I wrapped my free arm around his shoulder. We danced softly to the sound of the melody line, our eyes holding each other.

"When we collide we come together.. "Tyler sang, causing me to giggle.

"If we don't we'll always be apart .... "I continued, a smile creeping on his cheek.

As we continued to dance, our bodies came closer together. His hand had slid lower down my back, and my head was resting softly on his shoulder. It was the moments like these, that I wish could last forever. I sighed lightly, as Tyler let go of my hand, so he could lift my head up to face him.

"You know"He began, as our eyes once again linked. "There's something i've been meaning to do for a while now .... And i'm not sure how you would feel about it, or if you would hold it against me."

"Ty?"I whispered, as his eyes lingered on my lips.

"The thing is .. "He continued, "I like you, a lot. And I would never want to sacrifice losing you or our friendship, but sometimes, you just got to give it a shot."

"Tyler"I breathed, as his hand cupped my cheek

I felt a soft tingle, as his warm breath touched my cheek. "I want to be with you Blake"He whispered.

And without speaking, I done what my heart was telling me to. Wrapping my arms around him, I gently placed my lips on to his, letting go of the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I know it must feel like FOREVER since I last posted.
I had the flu last week and a bunch of homework to do.
I tried my best to write when I could.
Anyway, i'm glad it's finally out!
Comment/Rate/Subscribe ... be a darling. <3

If you want to listen to one of my all time FAVOURITE songs.
(the one Blake and Tyler were dancing to)

Go here >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYZwiYWr-Jw

Also, I suggest you check out my friend Cassie a.ka Vampiresloveme !
She writes the most amazing, kick-ass Damon Salvatore story ;D

Peace <3