Catch Me

Before I fall too fast, kiss me quick but make it last. So I can see how badly this will hurt me when you say goodbye.

Keep it sweet. Keep it slow. Let the future pass and don’t let go. But tonight I could fall to soon into this beautiful moonlight.

But you’re so hypnotizing. You got me laughing while I sing. You got me smiling in my sleep. And I can see this unraveling. Your love is where I’m falling, but please don’t catch me.

See this heart won’t settle down. Like a child running scared from a clown I’m terrified of what you do. My stomach screams just when I look at you.

Run far away so I can breath. Even though you’re far from suffocating me. I cant set my hopes too high cause every ‘hello’ ends with a ‘goodbye.’

But you’re so hypnotizing. You got me laughing while I sing. You got me smiling in my sleep. And I can see this unraveling. Your love is where I’m falling, but please don’t catch me.

So now you see why I’m scared. I cant open up my heart without a care. But here I go. Its what I feel. And for the first time in my life I know its real.

But you’re so hypnotizing. You got me laughing while I sing. You got me smiling in my sleep. And I can say this unraveling. Your love is where I'm falling, so please don’t catch me.

If this is love, please don’t break me. I’m giving up, so just catch me.


title & lyric credit: Catch Me by Demi Lovato

```````````````````````````````````````````
He’s so hypnotizing. At least to Avery Curtis, the girl who can’t seem to let go. Not that he knows it. She pushes him away any chance she gets, scared that if she gets too close he will leave like everyone else she has cared about in her life.

Avery is a girl with a past. A past full of secrets, pain, heartbreak, and consistently; fear. Fear rules Avery’s every move, her every decision. She can’t go anywhere or do anything with the burning sensation in the pit of her stomach, a worry so deeply rooted in her mind that she doesn’t remember a time without it. She is constantly looking over her shoulder, waiting for something, someone, to jump out of the shadows.

Her childhood was full of dark memories. A family that never wanted her, one she’s never once known. Foster families who took her in only for the money the state provided, not because they cared. Abusive boyfriends interested in only one thing, the one thing that Avery has never known the specialty and importance of, the one thing she has learned to give away freely in order to avoid a fraction of the pains she has come across in her short life; her body. She is alone in this world, or at least that’s what she thinks until she met the one boy who wouldn’t go away even when she wants him to.

Danny Silver sees something in Avery that no one else does. He can see through the façade she displays daily, the act that she is unaffected, unharmed, and tough as nails. Truthfully, she’s anything but. She’s naïve and vulnerable, a kid trapped in a nineteen year old body.

Ever since the day the twenty-two year old, soon to be college graduate met the brash uninhibited girl he’s been intrigued. He’s always wanted to know more about the girl who didn’t have friends, who didn’t want to make friends, who kept to herself in her own little world. Unfortunately, she was making it extremely difficult for him to gain any headway; she wouldn’t let him into her perfectly imperfect world.

© dirt whispered. 2010
Written for The Consequences of Love contest. Third place.
  1. Please, don't break me.
    3078 word count