Like a Demon

"Is it illegal to punch out an interview host in Japan?"

Kyo sat awake beside the door just watching as Jayne sang to her son, gently rubbing her thumb over his black eye as he held onto his bear and her arm for dear life. He hadn’t moved for twenty minutes, and she had been singing the same lullaby over and over. It was one of Ray’s favorites, and always helped him calm down when he was upset.

“Kyo,” Jayne hissed, giggling softly before repeating his name only slightly louder. He opened his eyes slightly, realizing that he had dosed off while she tried to get Ray to sleep, only making her giggle again. “He’s asleep, you can come to bed now.” She smiled. He nodded and slowly crawled in to lie behind her and wrap his arm around her waist, freezing when he brushed against Ray’s leg.

“That won’t wake him up. He’s asleep, he should stay that way unless he has a bad dream or something.” She explained. “You can relax, Kyo, breathing won’t wake him either.” She added with another giggle. He sighed and kissed her neck before closing his eyes and falling asleep again.

Jayne slept with her arms around the little love of her life, and he slept with his tightly holding his bear and her arm. Kyo tried his best to hold Jayne without touching Ray, but in his sleep ended up holding both of them as they rested soundly.

For some reason the guards outside their door thought it okay to leave, leaving their room unprotected from the man outside who skillfully picked the lock and walked in without a sound.

Ray opened his eyes to see Jayne and Kyo asleep beside him, and Thomas standing over him. He screamed and started trying to shake them awake, but with no success; they weren’t even breathing.

“They’re dead. I’m going to be your daddy, and you’ll live with me now.” Thomas informed, reaching down to grab him and pull him away from their bodies.

He just kept screaming, and kicking, and fighting, doing anything he could to get this man away from him, but it wasn’t any use. He started sobbing when he disappeared as quickly as he came in, and he looked around to see the lights in the room on, his mama holding him and soothing him, and Kyo standing by the light switch watching carefully.

“You’re okay baby, he’s not here.” She sighed, holding him tightly and rocking him as Kyo came over to sit on the bed, tired of standing in the cold room in the corner when he could be under the blankets.

“He said you were dead, and I couldn’t wake you up, and Kyo was dead too!” he sobbed.

“Shh, Kyo’s not dead either, see? He’s right here.” She sighed, lying on her back and letting him cry into her shoulder until he fell asleep again. “I’m going to kill Thomas.” She muttered to Kyo once she was sure that her son was sound asleep and not just dosing.

“Stop thinking about him so much. I don’t like seeing him have so much power over you.” He muttered, “I can’t touch you the way I want to, because when I do, he is still hurting you. You’re still giving him the power to control you.”

She sighed and rested her head on his shoulder, too tired to keep talking as she held her frail sleeping child. Before long, both adults were right there with him in dreamland.

Hours, and hours, and hours later, everyone except Jayne, Kyo, and Ray were awake. Surprisingly Drew and Robert weren’t hung over, because they hadn’t spent very much of their time drinking due to Robert’s condition. Dex and Mei had gotten a very good night’s rest, and the rest of Dir en Grey hadn’t been awake much longer after retiring to their rooms either. Unfortunately, Jayne had to play mommy as usual, and Kyo got a very bitter taste of what it is like to have a four-year-old.

When he wakes up crying, you wake up and calm him down. You do NOT fall asleep before he does; because he will wake you up to make sure you aren’t dead. If he believes that there is a monster under the bed, in the closet, or in the bathroom, you have to go chase it away and make a show out of it if you have to. If he cries because he is scared, you must give in and sleep with the lights on.

For Kyo, it wasn’t a very restful night. For Jayne, it was just another night in motherhood.

“They aren’t answering the knocking. Obviously we need to try something else.” Mei announced, staring at Kaoru who she knew had a second key to the room. He nodded and unlocked the door to let them in, but when they saw Kyo, Jayne, and Ray everyone froze. Dex started laughing quietly while Toshiya and Mei made hushed “Aww” noises, and the others all smiled. All three were still asleep, but Ray was lying with his head on Kyo’s chest, holding onto his shirt while Jayne had her hand on his back. Kyo had his arms around both of them.

“They are so fucking cute! Take a picture!” Drew hissed, nudging Mei who already had her cell phone out to capture the image.

“Who wants to wake them up?” Robert questioned.

Silence.

“Fine.” He sighed and walked over to Jayne’s side of the bed, lightly brushing the hair out of her eyes.

“Hey, it’s time to get up. Come on.” He whispered, much resembling a father waking his young daughter for school.

“Why?” she groaned, burying her head deeper into the pillows and Kyo’s arm.

“Because you have an interview today, now come on. Up you get!” he ordered and began tugging her away from her son and boyfriend, and into a standing position.

“They have the same pout when someone tries to wake them up!” Mei gasped, struggling not to laugh as the others around her watched Jayne slowly wake them, all smiling ear to ear.

“Go away, between you and your son I hardly got any sleep. Leave me alone.” Kyo snapped without even opening his eyes, and cuddled back into sleep with Ray. She sighed and carefully lifted Ray off of him, making her son whine as he woke up and held onto her to fall asleep again.

“Kyo, get up.” She ordered.

Snoring.

“He’s your singer, have fun.” She sighed, nodding a silent greeting to Kaoru and the others as she passed them to leave the room with her band in tow.

“His eye looks so bad! That son of a bitch! I want to rip his throat out and beat him to death with it!” Dex ranted, standing in the doorway as she helped her son quickly get his shower and then get dressed before they left for the interview.

“And if we ever see him again, you can.” Drew nodded.

“If we see him again, I don’t know who will murder him first, me, you, Mei, Jayne, or Kyo.”

“Kyo.” Mei and Drew answered together before bursting into laughter.

Jayne walked out of the bathroom with her son at her side and packed their things before letting Dex and Drew get her and Ray’s things to the van while she took him to Kaoru. “Ray, you are good do you understand? If he can’t see you, then you’re too far away. No hide and seek this time, unless it’s inside the hotel room and the door is locked.” She ordered as he hugged her.

“I promise.” He nodded before standing beside Kaoru and grabbing his hand.

“I love you.” She sighed, kneeling down again and kissing him on the head.

“I love you too Mama.” He smiled and hugged her for a third time before she left for their interview.

It started the same as always. “Good morning! We are Akuma!” followed by each member introducing themselves.

“I’m Mei, I play bass.”

“Drew, I am the drums.”

“I am Dex and I play guitar!”

“I am Jayne, and I sing.”

After that the host talked on about their tour, and their fans, and how tiring it must be for Jayne to have her son with her the whole time. As always, the interview is focused on Jayne from the start, and as always, she tried to pass the spotlight onto her band as well.

“Well it isn’t as hard as you would think, to be on tour with a four-year-old. I think it is very good for him to see so many different places, and learn about the Japanese culture first hand. He is very curious about things, so to be able to ask questions about things and have them answered while experiencing them, instead of reading about this in school, it is teaching him a lot.” Mei answered, sighing inwardly as yet another question was asked about Ray.

“But when he is older, will he have other questions? Has he asked about his father yet? Or what about the day years from now when he finds your scandalous video on the Internet? Did you not think of him when you filmed such a thing?” the interviewer asked, ignoring Mei and the others as his question was focused again on Jayne.

“He has asked about him, but he knows that we are his family, and will love him until the end of time. He was sad when he came to us with questions, but he now understands enough to be happy with the family he has. Dir En Grey has been very kind as well, and we are very thankful to be on tour with a band so willing to help with him.” She answered.

“Yes… I think Kaoru is babysitting him now, actually.” Drew chuckled.

“They watch him for you? That is very kind… how does Kyo feel about being left with a child?”

“That would all depend on his mood. He was asleep when we left.” Mei nodded.

The interviewer nodded and went on a commercial break, promising to play some videos from Akuma’s Japanese fan site when they returned. As soon as the cameras were off, Akuma went backstage to get away from the annoying host.

“I can’t tell you how many interviewers I want to punt into a wall.” Dex muttered as they sipped their bottles of water.

“I’m not worried about that. Robert didn’t say anything about us having a Japanese site yet. We’ve just been using our site that we made, and Jane and I have been subtitling EVERYTHING.” Mei shrugged.

“Yeah, but Robbie’s been on top of things since he came out with his condition. Now we don’t know what he’s been up to. Maybe he’s made one and forgot to tell us.” Drew dismissed and turned to Jayne to see her on the phone.

“Hi Ray!” he smiled, waving at her when she turned to face him. The others waved as well and made her giggle before telling her son that they said hello.

“Time to boogie.” Dex announced suddenly, and made his way to the set again to finish the interview.

“Twenty more minutes. Happy face Jayne, happy face.” Drew sighed, pinching her cheeks and forcing her to smile.

“Fuck you Drew, fuck you.” She mocked with a giggle, and took her seat beside the interviewer again.

“The first video we are going to show has been edited to be shown on television. This is the video that has been sweeping web pages and blogs across Japan, and now other countries as well. We can now see for ourselves what Akuma’s new image is.” The host announced, and played the clip as Akuma watched curiously.

As the clip started, a much younger Thomas and a few of his friends led Jayne, very young and disoriented, into a bathroom. Thomas kissed her and she responded exactly as he had hoped, and he took full advantage of her. Once he had finished, his friend took his turn.

Jayne couldn’t even open her eyes as any hazy memories of that night were cleared up completely, and she relived every moment.

“Tom… T-Tom, Thomas that hurts, please stop it!” she pleaded weakly.

“Turn this off.” Dex ordered angrily, staring daggers at the host who was more than confused. But the video continued to play until all respect and composure in the band had been lost. Mei comforted Jayne, who felt physically sick, and they were nearly silent, but Drew and Dex were furious.

“I said, TURN THIS OFF! NOW!” Dex roared, standing up and storming off to turn it off on his own.

“How dare you show this, LIVE! What kind of filthy enjoyment do you get from this, you sick bastard!?” Drew seethed, grabbing the host by the shirt collar.

“Please, I do not understand what was happening! This was her doing, we were told it was a promotion for a new album coming out!” he defended.

“Promotion! SHE WAS BEING RAPED! And YOU played it for the ENTIRE COUNTRY OF JAPAN! She never put this video out there! She never knew about it until few years ago!”

“When was this video taken… please forgive my curiosity.”

“About five years ago.” Mei answered quietly, pulling the furious drummer off of the interviewer as Dex took over on comforting Jayne.

“Then those men, one of them is Ray’s father? That is why he is never seen, and has never been around him?”

Before she could answer, Jayne doubled over in her seat and emptied the contents of her stomach onto the floor, getting vomit all over Dex’s shoes. He gagged a few times, but forced himself to keep it in.

“You will forgive us, but this interview is over. We’re taking her back to the hotel.” Mei announced and helped Drew take Jayne while Dex recovered from the vomit.

“Is it illegal in Japan to punch out an interview host?” Dex demanded as they stormed out of the building. “It probably isn’t encouraged.” Drew sighed and followed closely behind the girls, worried that Jayne wouldn’t make it to walk on her own at the moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback pretty please?