Status: Story Contest for Beautifully-Broken [:

Love This Pain

Chapter Nine

My ear went into shock after I had heard him say those three deadly words. "Y-you love me?" I asked, wondering if I really just heard that correctly.

He nodded his head lightly. "I am. I have been since the first time I saw you." He admitted.

A small smile crept onto my lips. "Really?"

"Yeah, I love you Ryder Sanders." He said, kissing my lips gently.

I smiled when he pulled away, "I love you too." I said softly, wrapping my arms around his neck tightly and hugging him.

When I got back upstairs with a huge smile on my face and Brian's hand in mine, Val looked at me and started smiling widely. "Aw, you to made up!" She cooed to us. I chuckled slightly and Brian rubbed his neck in embarrassment. He knew Val was sappy but he didn't like it when she was.

"I'll be in the studio until Matt gets back." He told, kissing me again, this time longer and more meaningful.

I sat on the couch next to Val and popped another popcorn in my mouth. "He loves you, huh?" She asked, nudging me slightly.

"No, we love each other." I said, smiling at her. Val smiled at me and gave me a side hug.

"At least you have some help now, right?" She asked, still smiling.

I nodded in return. I just hope he doesn't bail.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It's four months since Brian had told me he loved me. I was also seven months pregnant now. Big, I know. But I was almost due and that was all I was worried about. It was going to be painful along with stressful. Brian had let me move in with him and he even cleaned out his guest room for the baby's arrival. We didn't know what it was so we stuck with neutral colors for the room.

Brian and I laid in our bed, waiting for the baby to kick. The baby was kicking a lot when I was sleeping but know he stop. Brian put his on my stomach, seeing if that would do anything but nope. "Wake up!" Brian told the baby, tapping my stomach.

"I don't think that's working." I told him.

"I want him to wake up." He said, tapping on my stomach again. "Is anybody home?" He asked, putting his ear up to my stomach and tapping again. Brian picked his head and smirked. "You're hungry, huh?"

"You heard my stomach growl, are you serious?" I chuckled and felt the baby kick this time. "Ha, he's moving." I said and Brian's hands immediately found my stomach and began feeling around. He smiled like he had just gotten a new guitar when he felt the baby kick exactly where his hands were resting.

"Why don't you want to know the sex?" He asked, pouting slightly.

"Because, that ruins the surprise." I said, giving him a warm smile.

"I don't care. I don't like waiting." He said, putting his head up against the my stomach again. The baby started kicking like crazy after he did that. He definitely likes Brian, that's for sure. Every time he seems to touch my stomach, the baby goes wild. I just hope Brian will be a great dad. Who am I kidding? I'll be raising two kids not just one. But I still had faith in Brian. He was always so sweet and kind with his younger sister so this wasn't much different, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter is the last.