Status: very busy lately. i'll try to update soon.

It Started With A Boy

New Arrival

A month of silence went by. All Kate could think of was what was she going to do with this baby. She thought of abortion. She never believed in it but when she was in that position she couldn't think of any other option. This baby was not in her plans and it wasn't een her fault. So that would make the abortion okay, right? Laying in bed at night, Kate swore she could hear the baby's heartbeat. Sometimes she would even lean down and whisper to her stomach, "I'm sorry." Even though she was going to abort the baby, it was still a part of her and she became attached to the idea of the baby.

Noticing their daughter growing in size, Kate's parents began to ask questions. It was time to come clean. When Kate was about two months in, she told her parents she was pregnant. Furious, they demanded to know who the father was, but she never said who. They stayed persistent in finding out who the father was but Kate stayed stubborn. Unwillingly, they stop worrying about the father and began to support her with the baby.

Kate knew keeping the baby would make everything harder, but she knew it was worth it. This baby was her life now. It was hers and her responsibility. She truely believed that she was given this blessing for a reason. Jane was very supportive of the baby also. Kate knew she hada great friend. While others at school shunned her, Jane stayed true to her friendship, never leaving Kate's side.

Months came and went. Finally, the special day came, while heading to class on Tuesday, February 13, Kate's water broke. Jane broke into a panic, running back and forth trying to figure out what to do. Soon, they were being rushed to the hospital. At 6:32 that night, Grace Michelle Marshall was brought into this world. "A sweet little angel she is," said the nurse in a grandmotherly tone, "Just a day before Valentine's Day too." Jane smiled, "Kate, it looks like you found a sweetheart for Valentine's day." Tears ran down Kate's face as she whispered, "Yes, yes I have." Her face never left Grace.

Grace came as a blessing to Kate. She rarely fussed or cried, and she slept through the night. Although, school was still very difficult for Kate. Kate had to balance everything perfectly, but lucky she made it through her sophomore and junior years. Grace was already two years old by the beginning of Kate's senior year. Within months, Grace would be three.

Grace was the neighborhood secret. Kate didn't want Stan to see her. In a way, Jane thought of herself as Idgie Threadgood and Kate as Ruth Jamison from the book Fried Green Tomatoes. Within the book, the two best friends secretly raise a child from an abusive husband. Fortunately, the dark blue jeep was rarely seen in the neighborhood lately. Jane and Kate hoped Stan had moved, but that would too simple of an exit for him.