Status: *On the back burner for now.* Tell me if you're still reading please

The Thin Line

Prologue?

I strolled up and down the page one more time; this site just isn’t convincing me… there has to be some catch to it. I opened a new tab and typed Google in the URL then went back to the other tab. This website just doesn’t feel right, I mean a pink background. C’mon it just SCREAMS molester. I go back to the Google tab and type “summer jobs for teens” into the search engine but change my mind and replace summer with temporary then pushed enter.

“Violet, Clay’s at the front door” a voice by my door said. I jumped and turned to stare at the
source of the voice. Skarleth, my little sister was leaning on the door frame eating yogurt.

“geezus, Ever heard of something called knocking? I think that it’s a nice little invention.” I asked gluing my eyes back to the monitor.

“No point when the doors open. Is there?”

“Just don’t want to put down your yogurt huh?”

She snorted. I smiled, I hit a nerve. She was never good at hiding her emotions.

“let him in will you?” I asked as I clicked on ‘next’. No good jobs so far, not even mildly decent ones to consider.

“why its not like he’s my friend.” She said as I hear her scrape the bottom of the yogurt cup with her spoon. “he’s your childhood crush” but I don’t say that and groan instead. She would kill me if she knew so her secret wouldn’t get out.

“it’s okay I already let myself in” another voice added in and I automatically knew that it was Clay. He slid past Skarleth, into my room. I can tell that she held her breathe when he brushed past her. Her crush is literally going to crush her someday.

I look up and smile at her, “ok you can leave. Nothing else to do here now” I said with the fakest smile on my face. She took a step back but apparently changed her mind and opened her mouth to say something; the second she did, Clay slammed the door in her face, “take that bitch”

Too bad it’s a one sided love for Skarleth.

“be nicer to my sister foo” I said acting gangster

He played along, “ you need to watch over your homie then. She be spreadin’ rumors”. I laughed at his fake accent. I opened yet another website with a pink background. Isn’t this the same one?

“is it just me or does this page scream ‘let me RAAPE you’?” Clay said when I felt his hair tickling my bare shoulder. He was leaning over me.

“I know right? I was thinking that too” I replied as he chuckled.

“Summer vacation is for a few more days. Why do you want a summer job anyways?” he asked throwing himself onto my bed. I twirled around in my office chair to face him,“I don’t really know. I got this sudden urge to work over summer vacation”, I paused as I saw him reach over to my night stand for my softball.

He began to throw it up and down. Seeing as he was still listening, I started again, “I don’t know how to explain this its just like I NEED it” I sighed, “ but all that comes up is this stupid pink we-”

“OW!!” he screams as he caught the softball with his left eye. Scrambling, he sat up and angrily chucked my softball to the floor, “Stupid ball!” he screamed before he turned to face me, “is it bruising?! Is it bruising?!” he frantically asked. I couldn’t help but laugh at his little fiasco.

“it’s too early to tell” I replied in between laughs

“Violet! Don’t laugh at my pain!” he whined

“well what do you want me to do about it?”

“kiss it”

“what?” I asked wiping the tears from my eyes, no longer laughing.

“it is your softball so its technically your fault..so kiss it” he pouted at me. Ugh, I can never resist him when he pouts like that.

“fine” I mumbled making my way over to the grinning fool. I put both my hands on either side of his face. Leaning down I said, “ I don’t see how this is going to help in-”

Clay tilted his head back and our lips connected. He worked his lips against mine, officially making it a kiss. I stood there frozen as he wrapped his right arm around my waist and his left one was at the back of my head gently pushing it down, making me deepen the kiss.

The kiss with my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
little chapter- to get things started
promise that things will get better after this! :D
SO.. tell me if i should keep or kill?
its my first on here so please- critcize
comments? please(:

EDITED: If you see any mistakes please point them out to me in a msg. thanks!