Status: *On the back burner for now.* Tell me if you're still reading please

The Thin Line

Chapter 6: The wrong foot.

The Bastards POV

In an attempt to get away from my mother I hopped out of the car the millisecond it stopped moving. Taking a family vacation to the Cayman islands was not my idea of a relaxing summer. We only lasted a week before ‘Work’ called my dad back home.

Thank God for that too, if we would’ve spent another week there I would have gone bonkers and gotten a slight tan. And forget going crazy, that tan would’ve burnt like hell.

I quickly walked past the row of bowing servants and maids. “Welcome home, Young Master.” Manning said with a slight curtsy.

I made a nod at Manning to let her that I acknowledged her welcome.

I was completely shocked when I opened the door to a thud and the sound of water spilling.

I looked back and saw that everyone was too preoccupied with taking care of my family. I stepped inside to face a girl around my age, soaking wet and glaring me down.

She’s hot.

She wasn’t wearing a maid’s outfit, or even a chef’s uniform. I eyed the chemical cart on the floor and asked her, “Who are you?” I closed the door.

“Who am I?! I should be asking who you think you are! Busting open doors like you’re the queen of Sheba!” she yelled shaking her head, getting her wet hair stuck to her face.

Queen of Sheba? I had to chuckle at her choice of words.

“No, actually I’m Mason Canterbury. My family own these lands.” I said with a smirk. This is usually the part where people eat their words and beg for mercy

But it doesn’t seem to faze her.

She just wiped the hairs from her face and fixed the overturned cart from the floor. “Look, I don’t care if your family owns the Appalachia Mountains you can’t just knock people down with doors and not apologize!” her voice wasn’t as angry as it was before; “didn’t your mama ever teach you some manners?”

“My mother” I corrected her, “ was too busy being- you know what? I don’t have to explain my lack of manners to anyone. Who the hell are you?”

“I am,” she picked up the mop and settled it in the cart, “going to clean this mess right up!” she said as she began to run away.

“Hold it.” My voice boomed, I walked over to her and grabbed her stick of an arm. I felt a shock go through me. It was a tingling feeling that started from my hand on her arm and went through all of my body and settled in my chest and some on my groins.

With more sincerity in my voice I asked, “Who are you?”

With obvious reluctance, she turned around to face me. “I’m Violet and I just started working here” she pouted, not looking me in the eye.

That’s it? No. She must be lying to me. Probably one of Marie’s tricks, she’s always trying to get me into trouble.

I laughed, “Who are you, really?” I asked but she jerked herself free.

Oh, looks like I’ve upset her again.

Violet’s POV

This bastard dares to come busting in knocking me down, demand my identity, I tell him and then he laughs and claims that I’m lying about it? Who does he think he is?!

Oh that’s right. Mason Canterbury.

“ I told you! It’s Violet!” I screamed at him.

“Aya! Lower your voice this isn’t the great outdoors, you know” he said rubbing his ears.

I felt my cheeks redden and puff out involuntarily. I was turning tomato red with frustration. If this were a cartoon steam would be coming out of my ears!

“Well it might as well be the national forest cause it feels like I’m talking to a grizzly bear!” I screamed even louder and stomped away calling for Ana, because everyone has somehow disappeared.

Mason’s POV

I stared open mouthed at ‘Violet’ as she stomped rather loudly down to the west wing yelling Ana as she stomped along.

What’s an ‘Ana’?

Just then the door behind me slowly opened. A little maid popped in, her footsteps silent.

She saw the mess before her, and looked wild-eyed at me.

“S-so sorry young master. I’ll have it cleaned up right away.” She bowed nervously, avoiding my eyes.

As it should be.

“Whatever. As long as someone cleans it.” I said walking around the puddle. I stopped and turned around, “oh and do settle my luggage in its rightful place.” I jogged up the stairs to the game room.

There’s an Xbox360 in there that is being unrightfully neglected.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please, so I can know that someone's still reading this.

EDITED: If you see any mistakes please point them out to me in a msg. thanks!