Status: *On the back burner for now.* Tell me if you're still reading please

The Thin Line

Chapter 7: Mimicking

Violet’s POV

So I’m stuck here in this totally amazing place, cleaning a mess up that wasn’t my fault. It was that Mason guys fault, he’s the one randomly opening doors.

It wouldn’t be so bad if he had just apologized. A simple, “Oh, my bad” would’ve been fine.

“ ‘I don’t have to explain my lack of manners to anyone’ he said” I muttered as I wring the mop dry, I stuck it down to the floor making a loud sloshing noise.

“Honestly who does he think he is?” I asked leaning on the mop with one hand as the other rested on my hip.

“He’s young Master Mason, Violet” Ana was behind me, I heard her mop working through the spilled chemicals on the floor, “I’m just glad nothing got hurt.” Ana said. She was talking about the marble floor. If those chemicals were strong enough, the floor would have been stained and trust me this floor is worth more than my entire house.

Wouldn’t that be fun to pay off?

“ ‘my family own these lands’ ” I mimicked Mason in a high pitched voice.
Even Ana had to stop and laugh at my acting skills but it was over quick and she was back to working.

“Hey Ana,” she turned to look at me, “thanks for helping me clean this up. I’m just too stupid to do it by myself.”

She smiled at me, “It’s alright. I told the young Master that I would get someone to clean it” she saw I was going to comment so she spoke louder, “ and if you want something done correctly you have to do it yourself, right?” she asked me becoming perky again.

“Right.” I muttered and began to mop again.

It wasn’t even two minutes, when another maid cam running in.

Out of breath she said, “Ana, the young Mistress Marie wishes to see you.” And then she ran off, her skirt making a ruffling noise the whole way. Ana excused herself from me, and left running in the same direction. I stared at her retreating back.

Why do we have to such cookie cutter outfits? it’s the typical black and white maid outfits, complete with the head piece and everything! I mean they were able to get me into this maid dress because they said it was meanwhile my clothes were cleaned… but if they want me to wear the headpiece their going to have to hold me down and superglue it to my head.

Then I imagined Jimmy pinning me to the floor as little Ana struggles to put it on my head.

I shook the thought from my mind. I reached into my aprons pocket and pulled out my iPod. Once the familiar tune began blasting in my ears I was able to concentrate on cleaning up the mess made by a grizzly bear .

Masons’s POV

I went to go check on Olive, my horse; because she’s getting to be very old and if she doesn’t stay strong and healthy then I’ll have to put her down. That would be like shooting a cousin in the chest.

It’s something I can’t do.

I rode her deep into the forest. I had to hop off and lead her back home when we got stuck in deep mud, which is really strange because it rarely rains here.

When we made it back to the stables Mr. Lee, my caretaker, passed along the message that Marie wanted to see me in the study room. I left one of the stable boys washing Olive as I went into the house.

I opened the door and came face to face with Violet. Well… not really it was more of a back-to-face since she had her back to me.

She was swinging the mop around and occasionally using the top as a microphone. I thought she was crazy until I noticed that she was using an IPod.

Maids can afford IPods? I think we pay them well enough, that they can afford a luxury, or two.

Maybe even three.

I was about to tell her to move when she started to swing her hair around. Using the mop as a mike she began to lip sing, but no words were coming out of her mouth. I only saw the rapid movement of her lips and a faint beat coming from her iPod.

Violets POV:

I was singing to Vegas by All Time Low- of course. When I looked down and saw mud tracks on the floor. I pulled my headphones out, thinking one thing: Oh hells no.

They looked like a freaking grizzlies bear tracks.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” I muttered under my breath. Someone cleared their throat behind me. I gritted my teeth and turned around.

And there he was, the freaking grizzly himself.

He opened his mouth to say something but I talked first, “What the hell is your problem?”

“What’s my problem?” he looked aghast, “What’s yours?”

I glared at him, “Can’t you see that I’m moping? and-”

“And you were blocking the way.” He said matter-of-factly.

“No! You’re tracking mud in here. I just cleaned!”

He began to walk in a circle around me, “So? You are a maid. That’s your job”

He was tracking mud everywhere.

“Freaking grizzly bear” I muttered.

He stopped, “What?”

I turned around and poked him in the chest, “You are a stupid grizzly bear.” I said and with my index finger I undid his stupid little ascot thing and watched as it slowly fell to the floor.

It had looked ugly anyways.

“You did not just do that,” he glared down at me.

“I did, so?”

“Pick it up”

“No.” I stood my ground.

He growled.

Then I understood perfectly: run.

I ran screaming down the hall and as I turned corners.

“I’ll get you!” he screamed close behind. I shrieked. He reached out and almost got the hem of my skirt but he crashed into an end table nearly knocking over a vase that was perched on it.

“Ha.” I made fun of his crash, but then I crashed into something. I looked at it.

Oh, shit.

Ms. Manning.

The bastard grizzly bear then came bounding down the hallways and crashed into me, and sent me face straight into Ms. Manning’s chest.

We're in some deep shit now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey there, promise to keep on track with updates!
So comment to show you're still reading (yeah I know, again.)

If you are still reading, thank you so much for being a dedicated reader (:

EDITED.

Love, Of My Nature