‹ Prequel: Today In History
Sequel: History In The Making

Going Down In History

You Pity Yourself

Saturday went by in a blur. I worked, made tons of money in tips and got approved for full time by my boss. Needless to say, as a boss at Hooters, he wasn't perverted in the least.

It was 5AM and I couldn't sleep any longer. I laid awake and stared at the ceiling in our room for what seemed like hours, but when I glanced at the clock it had only been about six minutes. I was getting angry at myself for being so worked up about seeing my mom. Really, I should be flattered that she would take a day to come see me. She never did that. I closed my eyes for a moment to think but ended up dozing off into a light sleep.

I woke up by feeling something fall on my face. I opened my eyes to see Chris rummaging through his drawers looking at clothing, deciding it wasn't what he wanted and tossing it over his shoulder and onto the bed. He looked nervous and frantic as he smelled a shirt and put it on top of the dresser.

"What are you doing?" I sat up and just watched him curiously. His head snapped up and into my direction.

"I'm meeting your mother. I don't want to make a bad impression." He turned back to the drawers and searched for a pair of pants to wear.

"Chris, you are currently living with one of your students that you ran away with. I'm pretty sure the impression is already made." His shoulders slunk and I heard him sigh.

"So she hates me." He spoke in monotone. I could slightly see him bite his lip and he let out a sigh before running his hand over his face and through his hair.

"No she doesn't hate you. She has never met you so she can't." I pulled the covers off of me and walked over to him.

"Sure she can. I stole her daughter away from her. She can hate me, hell, I am a teacher after all." I grabbed his hand and pulled him to sit on the bed and sat down beside him.

"You're not my teacher anymore." I said softly and took his hand in mine to play with it. I traced the lines in his palm in a calming manner and looked up at him again.

"I'm not a teacher anymore." His eyes were brimming with tears and he looked away from me and out the window. He stared out the window for a while and then looked to our hands that were now entwined. "Do you ever think about what were to happen if I had never kissed you on that one day?" He spoke softly, as if he never wanted me to hear it. I just stared at his face to see if he was serious.

"What's the point of wondering 'what if'? It happened and now we have have to deal with the consequences. If you're not happy, just tell me and I'll leave." I said the last part softly, it was hard to get out over the knot that had formed in my throat. I didn't know why he was acting like this. His head snapped up to look at me.

"No no. I don't want that. I want you here. I'm just pitying myself. It's nothing really that important." He gave me a soft smile that was forced onto his mouth. It didn't make me fell any better.

"It's okay. I can't say I know how you feel cause I don't." I snuggled into his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around me. He gave me a kiss to my forehead, but still I wasn't believing this. Something was on his mind and sooner or later I would find out what it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay filler chapter
but I'm getting kicked off MY computer so I have to end it there
but I will update tomorrow when I have time
[: