Hello, Can You Please Stop Haunting Me?

quatre.

When she was around 7 years old, her dad took her out driving if she had troubles falling asleep or just troubles in general. She used to love those moments where her dad would tell her his radical stories about his youth, or at the least, the PG version of it.

She stared out at the long stretch of road in front of her, her windscreen wipers were making repeated creaking-like sound that she feared would never leave her head for an hour or two – just like someone who refused to leave her for an hour or two too. Eliza adjusted the rearview mirror of her used silver Toyota Echo and felt a sense of growing satisfaction when she saw Jeremy was gone.

It was almost midnight when Eliza arrived home. She couldn't bear how things were at her home. She didn't mind that her mom started to meet new people 4 months after her dad's death but Eliza's hot-tempered little sister did. In fact, as soon as she hit 14 years of age, she got a bit rebellious.

Well, a bit was an understatement.

From the moment Addie Harvey turned rebellious, Eliza gulped down her food as fast as she could at dinner. Eliza always felt uncomfortable and awkward around people who fought. Yes, when Addie Harvey turned 14, she threw some sarcastic remarks along with sneers towards their mom. These remarks would eventually turn into fights that were so intense that Addie refused to talk to their mom for about a week or so. The longest cold-shoulder-treatment Addie gave their mother lasted for an entire month.

When Addie turned 15, she got a bit more…distressed.

Eliza looked at her 15-year-old sister silently. Addie had a darker shade of blonde hair and blue-green eyes. Her nose was pierced. Eliza remembered the fight that Addie had with their mom as soon as Addie walked into the house with the metal on her nose. The glint of the shiny, pink piercing set their mother off into a tantrum for weeks, much to Addie's satisfaction.

"What am I going to do with your sister!" Their mom, Rosalyn Harvey exclaimed angrily as she banged the oven door shut. Rosalyn's strawberry blonde hair was a mess and her cheeks were turning into a discomforting shade of red. On her forehead was a throbbing vein. Eliza remembered that she feared her mother's head would explode due to her frustration. And remembering back, Eliza realized that there was a flash of pain and hurt in her mother's eyes.

And for the first time ever, Eliza saw the exhaustion and hurt etched on the lines of her mother's face.

Eliza walked to her sister, taking the white blanket that was resting on the floor near the couch. Addie looked so harmless when she was asleep, Eliza thought, amused. She covered Addie with the blanket before switching off the television.

The room turned dark.

She suddenly felt a sudden loneliness.

Grimacing, Eliza pulled on her red hair band as she made her way upstairs. She felt the waves of her hair gently touched her neck and back. She wanted to have a good night's sleep. She thought that she really needed one, what with the little delusional incident that she had earlier that evening.

After brushing her teeth and everything, she went to her room. It was rather small, with a single bed at the side of the wall. The bed was facing the window with white wooden blinds. In front of the window was a long stretch of green-painted wood that was her desk. On the desk were various kinds of books with a glass vase near it. A lavender flower was in the vase. Her green-painted room screamed 'fresh'. And that was the way she liked it.

She changed into her oversized, blue and white shirt and a pair of rainbow-colored socks. With a sigh, she let her body fall on her comfy bed with her eyes closed. Eliza savored the feeling. After driving for hours, her bed seemed like a piece of heaven for her aching body.

She yawned and opened one of her eyes lazily. Her intentions were to crawl under the covers and snore until the next morning. Preferably, at noon.

But to her utmost surprise, Jeremy's eyes were staring back into hers.

Just like they did when she tried to reach out for him the day that he jumped off of the bridge.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOO-HOO. Sorry for the tardiness :"> I've been busy and ill at the same time. Joy.
All in all, I'll hope you will really enjoy this one! And as usual, thanks so much for reading, commenting and subscribing. They are much loved <3