Is She Still The Sweetest Girl?

I Love You

We pulled up to the studio and got out. Matt came around to my side and grabbed my hand, linking his fingers with mine. I smiled up at him and followed as he walked into the studio.

“Where is everyone?” I asked looking around noticing that no one was around. Not even Fred.

“I told them to take the day off so you could listen to this. Now, It’s not finished. But I had the guys do their parts and not telling them what song it’s for. And then I did the vocals right before I came and met up with you,” he said sitting down in front of all of the controls.

I nodded and took a seat next to him. He rolled over to the computer and clicked a few times then turned around, “Ready?” he asked. I nodded and started shaking my leg.

He hit play and rolled back over to me. I heard an acoustic guitar and a light drum beat. Then his voice came in.
A lonely road, crossed another cold state line
Miles away from those I love purpose hard to find
While I recall all the words you spoke to me
Can't help but wish that I was there
Back where I'd love to be, oh yeah


I looked over at him and smiled. He grabbed my hand and smiled back.
I looked down again and listened to the words.

Dear God the only thing I ask of you is
to hold her when I'm not around
when I'm much too far away
we all need that person who can be true to you
But I left her when I found her
And now I wish I'd stayed

'Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired
I'm missing you again oh no
Once again


I looked up at him again with tears building up in my eyes.
He noticed and stood up, pulling me up with him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I put mine on his shoulders.

“Babe, I feel so bad about leaving you. I didn’t know how to tell you, the words never fit right. So I wrote it as a song. I never wanted to hurt you. But I did not agree with what you were doing. I tried to help you, I did, but you never wanted it. You pushed all of us away. Finally we gave up. And I was the one that held on the most. I did not want to let you go, but I knew I had to. I never stopped thinking about you. I got a girlfriend thinking that she would make me forget about you, maybe help me move on, but it made me worse. She was everything that I hated. I only wanted you. I want you, forever,” He said.

At this point I was in tears, sad tears mixed with happy tears. Matt put his hands on my cheeks, cupping my face in his hands. He took his thumb and wiped the tears away.

“Why are you crying?” he asked looking at me. I shook my head and looked away. But he put his fingers under my chin and turned my head back to look at him.

“You know you can tell me,” he said and I nodded.

“I just can’t right now,” I said looking into his eyes.

“I understand babe,” he said and pulled me into a hug. I rested my head on his chest while he rubbed my back.

I wanted to tell him how I felt. I wanted to tell him that he saved me, that if it wasn’t for him I would either still be out on the streets and in the clubs, or dead, that he is my savior, that in high school I listened to him but never did what they told me to. I wanted to tell him that I thought about him everyday, that someday I knew we would be together again.
But right now wasn’t the time or place, there would be a better time to say these things.

“Oops, sorry man,” I heard a voice say. I looked behind me and saw Brian.

“It’s alright. We are done anyways,” Matt said letting me go and turning back to computer turning it off. Brian looked at me and hugged me.

"You okay sis?" he asked wiping some tears away.

"Yeah, Just a little emotional," I said nodding my head.

“Oh, Okay,” He said and pulled me into a hug and kissing my head. He let me go and walked over to get his guitar.

“We are gonna head out,” Matt said and grabbed my hand.

“Okay, see you later,” Brian said tuning his guitar.

We walked out and got back into the car. I sat in the drivers seat for a second just thinking. I wiped the dried tears from my cheek and shook my head. I started the car and pulled out of the studio parking lot and headed home. I need to work on my vows. ‘That’s it!’ I thought, ‘That’s when I can tell him!’
I smiled and pulled into our driveway, but I just sat there.

“You coming babe?” Matt asked.

“Yeah, I’ll be in soon,” I said. He leaned into the car and kissed me. I smiled and watched as he walked around the front of the car and opened our front door.

I reached for my purse and looked for a pen and something to write on. I smiled when I found my little notepad and a sharpie.
“Eh, this will work,” I said and started writing.