For What You Are

Jayne Explains:Part III

“Okay,” Damon said, no surprise whatsoever flickering across his face, “That’s not too hard to believe.”

“Huh?”

“Well you can’t have always been getting rid of Kara’s memories, so she had to have done something for all that time. By the way, how do you do that?”

“Er, it was one of the powers I had when I woke up with amnesia.”

“So, your “powers”,” Damon said, “What are they exactly?”

Jayne sighed before replying, “Strength, speed, compulsion, healing.” She knew that all her powers made her look like a vampire, hell she even felt like one sometimes. Especially with the er…bloodlust… But she knew she wasn’t. Jayne had a beating heart that, whilst it had been beating for an extremely long time, was still beating. She was human.

“And immortality,” he added.

“That’s not a power,” Jayne stated.

“It may as well be,” Damon continued. “So I guess the huge question that’s been in my mind for the past thirty seconds.”

And here it comes.

“A silver stake?”

Jayne was astonished that that was his big question. She was expecting something about why she had to take away Kara’s memory but he’d chosen the stake?

“I dealt with wooden ones for around 1000 years, I needed a change.”

“But how do they work? I get that any kind of stake will kill humans but only wooden ones kill vampires.”

“Or charmed silver,” Jayne explained glad that they were finally onto a subject that wasn’t directly related to her. “I got someone to craft this for me then sought out a really powerful witch who owed me a favour and here I am with my favourite stake.”

“So that’s why the witches don’t like us,” he commented. “They tend to lean more towards your end of the field.”

“The world does look a fair bit more lively on my end. And I’m nicer, so that probably helps.”

“I’m nice…when I have to be.”

“You mean, when you want something.”

“Maybe.”

Jayne looked up and saw the end of the road in the distance. She smiled thankfully and started walking slightly faster. Unfortunately Salvatore noticed.

“Whoa whoa whoa,” he said, grabbing her arm. “The road’s not finished yet.”

Jayne huffed and twisted her arm out of his grasp. “Well then ask your next question, ’cause it’s the last one you’re going to get.”

“Fine,” he said. “What’s the reason why you have to keep taking Kara’s memories?”

Jayne took a second in which a fair few choice words ran through her head before speaking.

“Well…it all started in the fall of 1451.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter for you all. Enjoy.

Nita.xx