Status: Done! Sequel coming/in progress.

The Redhead, and The Dreamer.

Happy.

“He’s really sweet.” Crystal told me. We were holed up in her living room early Sunday afternoon and she was babbling away about her date the night before. “He doesn’t just want this to be a random hook up either. He says he’s not really into that sort of thing, and that maybe we could be a really cute couple.”

“Really?” I asked. I was keeping a straight face, but hearing all this was striking some serious chords in my chest. I wasn’t ever going to be good enough. Maybe that was why Darren gave up on me in the first place.

“Yep.” She said. “I know normally I’m just good for your average fuck and suck, but the fact that he says we can wait to have sex until we know each other a little bit better, makes me feel like I may want to stick around a little bit longer than usual. Maybe it’s time I tried out having a steady boyfriend for once?”

“Maybe it is.” I said. Judging by the look she gave me, I knew she wanted me to jump around and be over enthusiastic, like she was, but honestly, she was lucky I wasn’t screaming at her right at that moment.

“You don’t care, do you?” Crystal asked, like she’d really back off if I said I did.

“No. Not at all.” I said. “I’m happy for you, both of you.”