Status: Done! Sequel coming/in progress.

The Redhead, and The Dreamer.

Babysitting.

In second period calculus I proceeded to poke Ethan on the shoulder a few times until he turned around and gave me one of those daunting ‘what the fuck do you want’ looks. I didn’t let him say anything before just getting it out there.

“I’ve got a friend, and she’s got the hots for you.” I said simply, like it didn’t even really matter, even though on the inside I was screaming at myself for doing it. “So anyways, she wants for you to come sit with us at lunch today, and you’re going to say yes and just do this one little thing for me. Okay, Batman?”

Ethan opened his mouth, and I think he started to say no, but then he got this smug look and nodded. “Alright.” He said. “On one condition.”

I got butterflies. Was he going to ask me to hang out with him after school or something after school in return? “Anything.” I said a lot more coolly than I actually felt. Ethan made me feel like I was just like any other average looking girl in the world, but I think I liked that about him somehow. It added a little bit of excitement to the chase.

“No more babysitting me all the way through parties, just because you don’t want me taking anyone else home with me that night.” He said bluntly and my jaw dropped.

“I-I,” I stuttered, legitimately blushing.

“You might as well not even try to explain yourself and just agree.” He said. There was that half smile. That smile really seemed to have a way of influencing me faster than any drug I’d ever tried.

“Fair enough.”