Status: completed :)

It Wasn't Meant to Be Like This

The Over-Protective Brother Saves The Day

We drove to the rink and parked and we got out and entered the place, cheesy disco music was played, and murmurs of constant chatter filled the room. Ugh, this didn’t help my killer headache.

We go to the desk and some girl, she looked about 18/19 and dressed completely sluttish. She was pretty though, which is a shame if she just dressed like an actual woman instead of some hooker. She had bright red lipstick on and bright blonde hair, a black crop top revealing a rather nice cleavage and flat stomach, pierced belly button and a tattoo on her hip. She was wearing too much mascara.

April looked at her disgust, and leaned against the counter. “Hey there” she says in what I imagine she thought was seductively, as she batted her clumped lashes at me. I grimace slightly but kept a polite smile on my face.

“Hi, can you get me a size 10 and a size…” I say and glance at April.

“6” she finishes and looks at the girl. She turns around and watches the people whiz by in the rink.

“Anything for you and your…girlfriend?” she says carefully. I prevent from rolling my eyes and looked at her calmly.
“My sister” I correct and I then wanted to punch myself as I realized it sounded like I wanted her to know it was my sister and not my girlfriend, so I could date her. Damn it.

“Aw, how cute” she says, and then she smacked her gum. How attractive.

“Yeah. Cute” I say tiredly, glancing at April who looks amazed as some kids did tricks. The girl looked at me, I glanced at her tag, which was situated in the middle of her top.

Kandy.

I scoffed slightly.

“Um, so the skates?” I say awkwardly. She grins and turns around, bending down in an obviously short skirt and finding the skates. Finally, we receive them.

“Thank you so much” I say sarcastically, but she didn’t realize so simply smirked and chewed loudly. We took our skates, hired the lockers and put our shoes in and skated up.

We made our way on the rink, both of us clinging to the sides. I smirked as April’s terrified face was priceless.

I got my balance and let go, reluctantly I’ll admit. I watched as April tried to gain her balance…but couldn’t.

“Finn! Help!” she squeaks. I chuckle happily, and go over and help her out, she clings to my arm and I pretty much do all the skating, we skate slowly, laughing and talking.

As I watched April’s face cheer up, I knew we should do stuff like this more often. Soon, we started racing, we fell over loads and I’m sure I have plenty of bruises.

As we were about to get off, I noticed some teenage girls were looking in our direction and giggling foolishly.

“What they laughing at?” I ask April discreetly.

“Me. They go my school” April replies weakly, and I frowned and looked over to where the girls were. They did look the mean type, the blonde one in the middle looked the leader.

“What’s there names?” I ask. April rolled her eyes.

“Finn, just leave it…let’s go-”
“Nah, c’mon. Just tell me” I urge. April huffs.

“The red head is Olivia, the brunette is Amy and the blonde is Gina” April mumbles. I look at Gina, she was smirking as if she was plotting something.
“C’mon! Let’s go-” April pulls me nearer the exit. I shake my head and take April’s hand and we continue to skate around.

“Don’t be intimidated, their stupid immature girls who don’t know how to act like ladies” I tell April and do a little jump, making April giggle.

“Spin” I order, and she twirls.

“Perfect” I say and she smiles, cheering up.

“Don’t go past them” she says suddenly sounding scared. I shrugged and let go of her hand, April squeals.

“Finn! Come back!” she shrieks, I skate further onwards and skate past the girls, stopping just after them. They were looking at me.

“Is that her brother?” I hear one of them asks.

“He’s hot” I hear another comment. I should feel flattered, but these girls were obviously causing issues with April.

“Finn!” shouts April and she suddenly falls flat on her ass. I couldn’t help smile as she sits on the ice, laughing slightly.

“Nice landing” I call to her, skating past the girls and helping April up. She giggles and clings to me.

“April! Over here!” demands Gina, and I look April who suddenly looks paler.

“Want to leave?” I ask her gently. She shakes her head and we begin to skate over. We stop in front of them, I put my arm around April’s shoulder for protection.

“April, is this your brother?” the Amy one asks glancing at me and grinning. April nods.

“Yeah, this is Finn” she introduces shakily. I tightened my grip on her shoulders.

“April talks about you a lot…” Gina says, trailing her eyelashes up and down.

“Funny, she hasn’t mentioned you” I reply sarcastically. April was about to giggle but I nudged to her to be quiet. Gina raises an eyebrow, an attribute I wish I had to be honest.

“Wasn’t Ryan funny last night girls? Cracking jokes to us all night…you’re so lucky to have him April. He’s like way out your league.” Gina says in a way that wouldn’t seem offending but I was freaking furious.

“Um..” April begins.

“So how many guys did you sleep with last night?” I ask condescendingly. Gina glares at me and her ‘friends’ were trying not to laugh.

“None” Gina tells me coldly.

I scoff “I find that hard to believe…I mean, you’re so…available you know?” I say and April stares at me in shock.

Gina’s mouth dropped slightly, she looked hurt. I didn’t care though, she shouldn’t disrespect my sister.

I smirk slightly “Next time you make comments about April like that in front of me. I suggest you don’t. April and Ryan make a great couple and April is out of his league, not the other way round. So get your facts right. See you later Gabby!” I say firmly, and mocking her at the end by saying her name wrong.

I pulled April along and we skated towards the exit.

“MY NAME’S GINA!” I hear her scream after me. As we got off the ice, April stares at me.

“What?” I say a bit snippily, taking my skates off and going to our locker, getting our shoes and April’s bag out.

“Thanks for sticking up for me.” I hear her tell me. I hand her, her shoes and I put my own on.

“April. I’d stick up for you anytime, anywhere. Don’t thank me. Now c’mon, I’m starving” I say cheerfully. We had the skates back, pay for our time on the ice and leave, laughing at Gina’s pissed off face.

We go to a local McDonald’s, I open the door for April and we walk in and order some food. I ordered a Big Mac, a strawberry milkshake and an apple pie. Hey, I said I was hungry.

April had a Chicken Wrap thing with salad in it, so I took no interest. We sat down and ate and talked, April told me about Ryan. I tried to keep comments to myself..

I said. I tried.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahaa, when writing about Gina and her crew. I instantly think of Mean Girls :D
<33