The Jock and the Nerd

The Jock and The Nerd Chapter 10

I quickly pushed Randy off of me and raised my hand. I sighed and slowly lowered it. “What the hell?!”
“Sorry, I just really had to do that…”
“Why?”
“I have “date” with Jenny… and… I don’t know… I just wanted to kiss you. Just to see how it would feel…”
“Next time, please don’t. Seriously, when did you nerds get so ballsy?” He smiled to himself. “Well stop it!”
“What am I going to tell Will? He beat the shit out of you just for looking at me.”
“Shit…” Randy muttered.
“Yeah, now you’re thinking straight,”
“What happens if you don’t tell him…?”
“I don’t think I could lie to him like that. Just don’t leave home alone, alright.”
I quickly left and hopped on my motorcycle. I took the long way to reevaluate my life. I couldn’t believe he kissed me and I couldn’t believe that I sort of liked it?
Ugh! Stupid little… nerd!
What was I going to tell Will? Was I even going to tell him?
I hurried up stairs and changed into a football jersey with Will’s name and number on the back of it. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and touched up my make up before the girls came. We hung out at my house putting on “war paint” and watching reruns of the Kardashians.
“So, I have something kind of major to tell you but you cannot freak or tell Will.”
“You’re not pregnant are you?” Lilly asked.
“No!”
“What’s up?” Julia asked rolling her eyes are Lilly’s comment.
I took a deep breath. “Randy kissed me…”
“Ew!” they screamed.
“What the hell?” Jasmine yelled.
“We were working on our stupid English project and as I was leaving he kissed me.”
“This is some sick and twisted karma,” Julia said.
“Karma?” Lilly asked.
“She flirted with him,” Julia said.
“Did you like it?” Jasmine asked.
“I don’t know yet… I was too shocked to enjoy it.”
“Ew, the fact that you’re debating whether or not you like it is gross,” Julia said.
“I know I know! But he’s not a bad kisser…”
“Okay gross, what are you going to tell Will?” Lilly asked.
“I’m not sure if I should.”
“Word, he did beat the shit out of the poor guy just for looking at you,” Jasmine said.
“I know,” I said lying on my bed.
“This never leaves this room,” Lilly said.
“Deal,” we said together.

[Randy’s point of view]

I took a long shower and put on my best button up shirt and dress pants. I had to be at Jenny’s house soon for our…date. I was starting to regret this date. I shouldn’t be leading her on like this. I’m head over heels for Morgan and I don’t think I could ever see Jenny in a romantic light.
I don’t regret kissing Morgan; Will’s not going to actually kill me and I don’t think Morgan will let him get the chance to.
I grabbed my keys and hopped in my car and headed towards Jenny’s house, taking the long way.

[Morgan’s point of view]

We arrived at the game; excited as ever. We headed to the stands with our snacks and signs and waited for the game to start. I texted Will a good luck text and joined the girls in our chatter.

[Randy’s point of view]

Jenny and I drove to Panera Bread. The date wasn’t as awkward as I thought. Jenny kept her hands to herself and, as always, was easy to talk to.
She looked great in her blouse and skirt. She actually wore make up.
We arrived and waited in line to place our order. I paid and we sat in the back and continued our conversation.
Throughout the date I couldn’t stop thinking about that kiss.

[Morgan’s point of view]

“Go!” We all screamed as we watched Charlie run the ball down the field. The audience was at there feet and Lilly waved his sign around in the air as we watched him.
This could be the winning touchdown if he makes it.
“He’s almost there!” Jasmine exclaimed.
Charlie sprinted into the end zone and we had won. The crowd cheered and the girls and I hugged each other and watched the guys run onto the field into a group hug.

[Randy’s point of view]

Jenny and I walked to the yogurt place next door for dessert. After I paid we sat outside and enjoyed our frozen yogurt.
“Jenny… I don’t think we’re going to work out. I like us better as friends you know? I’m sorry…”
“Oh…” she said frowning. “Thanks for being honest…” she said taking a bigger spoon full of yogurt.
“Sorry…”
She nodded her head and we finished eating in silence.

[Morgan’s point of view]

“Congratulations!” I said hugging Will before kissing him. We pulled away and I looked him in his eyes and saw how happy he was. I couldn’t bring myself to tell him. “Want to celebrate?” I asked winking at him.
“No better way to spend my night, babe,” he said taking my hand as we followed our friends and other football players to the parking lot.
“Pool party at my place!” Charlie said wrapping his arms around Lilly. “Tomorrow night! Be there!”
The group we were in cheered and Will and I smiled at each other and snuck off.
We barely made it to my room; I was naked before Will closed my bedroom door.
“We have to be quite,” I said in between kisses.
“I know,” Will said taking out a condom and grinning at me. “Try you’re best.”

[Randy’s point of view]

The rest of the date was pretty much Jenny and I hanging out. I dropped her home and headed to my own. I couldn’t stop thinking about that kiss.
I needed to stop thinking about that kiss…
It was so short but so magical. I wonder if she felt it too.
I looked at the clock in my car and sighed. The game was over, no doubt we’d won, I wonder what Morgan was doing.
Probably Will…
I hope he realizes how special she really is.
Her lips were so soft and warm…
Damn it Randy! Stop thinking about that kiss!
… I wanted to kiss her again. I sighed and parked in the driveway.
That damn kiss was going to be on my mind all night.